Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to me Used 500CF

I just picked it up yesterday. Lots of extras the seller had this built by The Rotor Works in July last year. After just a quick once over, it looks like a great build, I've been looking at Bob's 500 build vids and this is exact so far with the electronics placement. I don't know how necessary it is to tear it down and rebuild it since it was professionally built. The programming as been tuned down, but settings for 3D were included. in their test flight report both normal & 3D modes were tested, then stunt mode was programed to match normal mode. It looks too big to fly in the 1 free bay I have in the garage (8X17) , so I'm stuck waiting for the rain to let up.
Ken P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IMO, If I didnt build it, then I dont trust it.... Congrats on the bird!
americas911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately i agree, i wouldnt trust some one else build as there not the ones who will be actually flying it. I wouldn't completely tear it apart but i would pull all of the metal screws clean them off and toctite them. Also any bearings that need lube i would check as well. It will get you more aqanted with your new bird too, alittle love goes a long way
JackdaWack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who's "The Rotor Works" ?

If you are talking about Rotorworkz then that's Charlie Stephens who designed the outrage 550.

If Charlie or one of his team built this then you can guarantee quality. But I'm not sure we are talking about the same people here.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

some one still owned it and flew it after who ever built it.
JackdaWack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

JMO Check the programming on the ESC. and the radio setup, remove a few bolts and see if they used Locktite.If everything checks out and looks good. Take it OUTSIDE and hover it. I fly a 600N the i didn't built Just check it over setup my radio and flow that sucker.
Gernejr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

go over all the screws/ fasteners, make sure lock-tite is where it should be, and you should be fine.... congrats on your "new" bird!

Ps.... im starting to llok for my second 500 about now..... and havnt decided quite on what i all want in it. but as ive just cnverted my only one to a Hoss X5R, i have alot of parts, so a second "stock" 500 just seems like the right thing to do!

hpw much did you pay for your used 500 , if i may be so bold as to ask?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips. I have a good idea on what to go through.

I paid 1600 for the heli, tx/rx, 5 6c lightning power anti puff batts, charger & power supply, case, tons of extra & hop up parts, Rays CCPM book & DVD. I know I'm missing some stuff, I priced out the list and came up with over 2500. There were 6 batts he mentioned there was an issue and lost one (puffed) and marked the other. So even with 4 batts since the 5th one won't match with another batt, I think it's a good deal with the extras. Being new, I would have bought most of that stuff anyway.
Ken P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in