Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 230S Won't lift off

When I am at center sick on my Spektrum DX8 all servos are at 90 degrees.When I give it throttle and push stick forward the head speed increases but won't lift off,can someone help me out
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your swash plate going in the right direction? Are you getting any positive pitch on the blades?

Blade CX2 (x2) 120SR, CP Pro2,230S Huey, 400 3D (X2), 450 3D (x2), T-Rex 450 sport, T-Rex 450Pro DFC, T-Rex Scale 450 size x4 , T-Rex 470LM ,T-Rex 500 ESP, T-Rex 600N, Fireball.
icehunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

First thing double check pitch curves and make sure both blades are attached the right way round.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
First thing double check pitch curves and make sure both blades are attached the right way round.
He meant to say...big blades go on top and little blades go at the back..

Blade CX2 (x2) 120SR, CP Pro2,230S Huey, 400 3D (X2), 450 3D (x2), T-Rex 450 sport, T-Rex 450Pro DFC, T-Rex Scale 450 size x4 , T-Rex 470LM ,T-Rex 500 ESP, T-Rex 600N, Fireball.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

When I look at the Heli nose to the right and tail to the left and I move the stick on both of my Blades230S one of the helis servos works in the correct direction this is the one that flys great but the other one that I repaired the servo
the servo on the top back right hand side does the reverse of what the servos does on the heli that flys great.
I have both heli binded to a Spektrum DX8 and run them on the same radio position, is it possable that this servos is reveresed and it so how do I correct it.
How do I fix this
Old 06-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I set everything the same for both Helis but for some reason One main blade has a poss pitch and the other is at 0 pitch can someone tell me how to fix this
Thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
When I look at the Heli nose to the right and tail to the left and I move the stick on both of my Blades230S one of the helis servos works in the correct direction this is the one that flys great but the other one that I repaired the servo
the servo on the top back right hand side does the reverse of what the servos does on the heli that flys great.
I have both heli binded to a Spektrum DX8 and run them on the same radio position, is it possable that this servos is reveresed and it so how do I correct it.
How do I fix this
Pipes, I am a beginner with a 230 S problem of my own.....but after reading your thread, I suggest that if you have set up the heli profile on your DX8, simply go back into the profile and reverse the operation of that servo to match servo operation of the one that does fly well...

Last edited by garyv440; 06-10-2017 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: grammar
garyv440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this heli used? New BNF? One you fixed after crashing? Measure the length of the linkage rods on the good one and compare to the one you are having trouble with. When you get +pitch on the one blade,is the other one also getting positive pitch? Just not as much perhaps?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two Blades 230S I have looked at the servos powered up and they have the servos at the same position,for both helis. When I power up the heli tthis one won't lift off the ground,
Can't figure this out.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the LED on the ESC blinking on the one that won't lift off?
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried again and everything looks ok , I get good head speed and I have positive pitch but heli won't lift off the ground.
Can't figure this out,don't know what to do now.
Can someone send me pictures of where the servos should be at 0 stick.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 230S Won't lift off

How do you know you have positive pitch? Keep the motor in throttle-hold mode and move the throttle/collective stick all the way up - does the swash plate go up or down? When it goes down, does the front or the back of the blade go down too? Are you blades spinning clockwise when looking from above? Very difficult to help by showing pictures of our servos but (if you are not in stability mode, and you initiate the heli on a level surface) your servo arms should be pretty horizontal and the swash plate should be pretty level and your blades should be close to zero pitch, when both sticks are centred,

Does that help?
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes when I move the throttle/collective stick all the way up - does the swash plate go up or down?
Yes the swash goes down

When it goes down, does the front or the back of the blade go down too?
Yes the do.
I just placed both sticks at cente rand re align the servos arms 90 %
will see what happens and back get back to you
Thanks

i will g
Old 06-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried again still doesn't lift off and heli keeps trying to slide backwards along the ground
Old 06-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I powered up both my Blade 230S When i put the both sticks on the Spektrum DX 8 centered both helis have all three servos arms at 90 degrees
on the both of them, when I push the left stick forward or down two servos the ones in the back are in the same position.
I have them working on the radio under the same model
Looks like some how I need to make changes to these two servos. Do I do this on the radio but I don't want to loose my original setting because one heli works fine. Should I program another spot in the radio if so how do I correct the other two servos
Thanks
Old 06-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure that the servos are plugged into the correct ports on the receiver/FBL unit?

You didn't clarify whether the leading edge or the trailing edge of the blades goes down when the swash moves down? Trying to ascertain whether you have the blades on backwards....

When you move the collective stick up, all 3 servos should pull the swash down equally - if your blades are on correctly, the grips should be pulling the trailing edge of the blades down, creating positive pitch...
Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyO View Post
You didn't clarify whether the leading edge or the trailing edge of the blades goes down when the swash moves down? Trying to ascertain whether you have the blades on backwards....
This was the first thing I suggested checking. It's an easy thing to overlook, I know I've done it.

@ pipes, I'm sorry but it's hard to get a grasp of exactly what's going on. One thing I can tell you is any adjustments made to the servo arms need to be made while in "servo adjustment mode" - this disables the flight controller and centres the servo's (not the arm). With the servo centred the arm can then be set perpendicular to the servo. If it's way out then it needs to be manually replaced, if it's just a little out it can be adjusted remotely using the tx. The whole process is described in the manual.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I had a wire in the wrong area, but now the front servo doesn't work and when I try to bind I don't get all the 6 beeps
Now what do I do
Thanks for your help
Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well done for finding the servo plug error. Had you already performed a bind with this heli and your Tx? Have you left the bind plug in?

I would start from scratch if I were you - servo arm setup as per adjustment procedure Lotus7 mentioned, then check swash for level and blades for zero pitch at mid stick etc etc

Probably not necessary but maybe consider creating a new model in the Tx and import the Blade 230S file into it clean, do you have an SD card?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok I made another set up in th radio and I will put back the bind plug and see if I get the 6 beeps
o

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in