Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > eXo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am a Compass Snob. The TREX can't be compared to the EXO. The quality of the Trex..... Just look at the Head for example. Look at the frame on the Trex then look at the EXO. No comparison

Old 02-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsATOM View Post
I am a Compass Snob. The TREX can't be compared to the EXO. The quality of the Trex..... Just look at the Head for example. Look at the frame on the Trex then look at the EXO. No comparison
Well duh, look at the price difference

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2017, 05:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile no comparison

Why do people try to compare totally different things time after time.

Compass canot be compared with a main stream product like align anyways

No one try's to compare an Aston Martin or a Bently to a VW bug

And another thing, if you want to compare uncomparable things

Take a Hobbywing Assault and compare it to an Align, that is just as useful, after modifying your cheaper assault or blade for that matter to a level where its almost perfect it will be twice the cost you calculated but most people stop calculating after paying for he kit i am afraid.

sysko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Even if money is not an issue, if you are a beginner (going to crash a lot) the one with better parts availability at your local hobby shop is better. When you are a pro, the more exotic one is obviously better because now you will be looking for quality, precision flight characteristics, style and uniqueness. Either ways, don't stop having fun.
stark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsATOM View Post
I really like the atom 500 but I doubt this! In fact this is exactly why I don't like the head of the exo. It is a very narrow headblock and you will need some serious dampening if you do 3d. The bladegrips were also flimsy a little. I never looked back at the exo since I looked at the head. It might looks cool but not a good design in my opinion.
AllanNg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanNg View Post
I really like the atom 500 but I doubt this! In fact this is exactly why I don't like the head of the exo. It is a very narrow headblock and you will need some serious dampening if you do 3d. The bladegrips were also flimsy a little. I never looked back at the exo since I looked at the head. It might looks cool but not a good design in my opinion.
I understand your trepidation, but in practice your reticence is unnecessary. The head behaves extremely well over a very wide range of headspeeds. There is no damping required in this head. That is why the bearings are so over-sized. The cyclic flap happens entirely within the span of the blade and this leads to an extremely responsive head that is low-maintenance and extremely easy to service.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with Saje. I'll add one more point. The EXO 500 is in all likelihood the most tested helicopter Compass has ever produced. There is absolutely no need to worry about the head. It is solid, it is strong and it will hold up to anything anyone can throw at it.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

What Saje and Scott said!

I have the unpleasant distinction of having crashed an eXo.

Broke the blades, took out the boom, and one of the links to the head.

The hub (with integral spindle) and blade grips held up just fine.

The largest portion of the damage was to my pride...
Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
No better way to say it
no comparison in any way
sysko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I really like the atom 500 but I doubt this! In fact this is exactly why I don't like the head of the exo. It is a very narrow headblock and you will need some serious dampening if you do 3d. The bladegrips were also flimsy a little. I never looked back at the exo since I looked at the head. It might looks cool but not a good design in my opinion."

Respectfully, I disagree with this statement.

I suspect that Mr. Coe and Mr. Clausen would disagree as well:

[ame="https://youtu.be/ceROaA1w6r8"]Compass EXO 500 helicopter "Shredding Coe Show style" The best EXO flight ever ! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/LpW5ttE3WO8"]Compass eXo, Henrik Clausen - Bayreuth 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

The head on the eXo is VERY, VERY tough and well designed for 3D!
Old 03-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've owned a lot of different makes, models and sizes of helis over the years including Thunder Tiger, Hirobo, Align, Alees, Tarot, Gaui, Scirocco and Compass so I think I can add my 2 cents worth here with some degree of authority.

It's possible sometimes to compare two different brands of helis as long as they share more than a few common characteristics. For example you could compare two helis of the same size in which both use carbon fiber side frames and similar FBL rotor heads. On the other hand it wouldn't be fair to compare one heli with carbon fiber sideframes against another using a plastic molded frame, they are going to be different. Of course if your comparison focuses on the frames and how they build up and fly, it might be a worthwhile comparison.

The Compass eXo is uniquely different than all other helis because of the monocoque frame and the rigid rotor head. I don't want to disparage any other heli brands at all but trying to compare the eXo to the Align is like comparing a BMW to a Chevrolet. Both vehicles will get you from one place to another, the difference is how you get there. It is how that car makes you feel, how you drive and what characteristics you are looking for in that vehicle.

It comes down to personal preferences of how the heli flys for you: its responsiveness, its capabilities and flight envelope, its build and serviceability, its presence in the air and so on. The comparison is also made more difficult by the electronics and blades that are used as well as the setup. So which is better: Product A or Product B? Try them both out if you can and see which one works for you.

Well, maybe that more like 5 cents worth......
SDedic214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said Scott and RAK--videos, too!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in