Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Exclamation YGE clone - HeliDrive warning!!!

Today my mate had problem with this YGE-clone from HobbyKing. I bought a YGE 120HV, he bought a HeliDrive 120HV.

So...

1) first the motor failed to start on default settings. We tried to go from auto, to 2%, to 4%, and then it worked at 4%. Have heard issues that some people have never got it to work. Only stands and stutters all over and burn.

2) it lost some settings two times. After we had tried this and that with motor start settings and so on it just suddenly started to stutter again and we checked. It had lost some settings! Strange!

3) so this is the worst thing about it. When we finally got it to work, he hovered a few seconds, made some pitch pumps and then the motor just died!!! From like 4 m up, so he auto'd down and like 20 cm from the ground the motor went on again!!! Scary like hell. I thought he did something but he didn't do anything. It just cut! And no beeps after.

So... I just wanted to put out a warning on this one. It doesn't feel really safe. It's up to you but I think it's worth the money to get the real one.

(I hope I didn't posted bad now, no strange advertising of some products, I'm not affiliated in some way with no brand.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Swe View Post
Today my mate had problem with this YGE-clone from HobbyKing. I bought a YGE 120HV, he bought a HeliDrive 120HV.

So...

1) first the motor failed to start on default settings. We tried to go from auto, to 2%, to 4%, and then it worked at 4%. Have heard issues that some people have never got it to work. Only stands and stutters all over and burn.

2) it lost some settings two times. After we had tried this and that with motor start settings and so on it just suddenly started to stutter again and we checked. It had lost some settings! Strange!
Mi
3) so this is the worst thing about it. When we finally got it to work, he hovered a few seconds, made some pitch pumps and then the motor just died!!! From like 4 m up, so he auto'd down and like 20 cm from the ground the motor went on again!!! Scary like hell. I thought he did something but he didn't do anything. It just cut! And no beeps after.

So... I just wanted to put out a warning on this one. It doesn't feel really safe. It's up to you but I think it's worth the money to get the real one.

(I hope I didn't posted bad now, no strange advertising of some products, I'm not affiliated in some way with no brand.)
Just curious, what motor? And does the motor work on other esc? Have seen similar things with 330 Kv scorpion on jive. Some of my mates got some of these as well will be interesting.... I'll just hang onto my jive's
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Scorpion HKIII-4035-5xx something, on a T700. It worked great on the ICE160HV.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why didn't he just buy a YGE 120. I just purchased one & set it up with a VBar gov with no issues with the help of this forum & videos.
aviatorflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm really satisfied with my YGE as well (my two YGE). Well, it was "just" an Align heli so he thought he could buy a cheap setup. Here the talk goes and says these ESC should be good, so he didn't knew better and wanted to try it. Well. Now he knows difficult this. I read in another forum where MrMel said that from 90% of the guys he heard tried this ESC, they experience similar problems, and something more also, the motor could reverse in flight! Hmm... guess HK needs to do something about this! (I like them otherwise, have their LiPo's and PSU's)
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and why is this in the YGE Forum?

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Amen on this in the YGE forum.
aviatorflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I couldn't find a fitting forum. And besides I know some that are interested in the Helidrive check out this YGE-forum for a grasp on how it works, with prog card and so on.

But I apologize if it was wrong forum and please move the thread in that case.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why wouldn't YGE want people posting in their forum about how much these clones suck. Cause thats pretty much all anyone seems to think of them.
scottyay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Helidrive 120 works fine in my 700e,stock motor in fact I have five Kontronic Jives rev 9 and I would go as far as to say the Helidrive gov is better,I removed a Jive from the 700e and fitted the Helidrive as a replacement.

As above,was looking in this forum for prog card setup hints as in effect it's the same ESC.

Last edited by raptor50luvver; 04-28-2012 at 08:24 AM..
raptor50luvver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

good to hear luvver, seems it depends much on the motor also
Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny some of those symptoms sound like my first one,

I'm starting to think the only way to get a good working esc is to buy a tried and tested used one off someone you trust. I'm chalking it up to having extremely bad luck.
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My buddy got one of the clones and it seems to be working fine so far. He has one of the 100A LV models. We haven't set up gov store yet. We're just using the basic gov.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in