Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Xpert RC Brushless Servos

Xpert RC Brushless Servos Xpert RC Brushless Servos Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default R1 compatibility

I have been unable to set up the R1 cyclic and R1T tail servo with a Hellicommand HC3SX fbl. The pitch and elevator servo don't move and act they don't have power. If I turn the transmitter off they go into failsafe and when I turn the transmitter back on they all act normally. The Hellicommand people are saying there is a compatibility issue with their HC3SX and 3SX fbl's and Xpert. This is my first set of Xpert servos. I have a dozen Hellicommand fbls. Does anyone know if there are other compatibility issues with these servos??
mb-1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I can say hope you get them working, this servo are one of the best servo I try coming from using only futaba servos.
Luis Murillo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are you using to power your electronics?
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

2s lipo no step down. I have it on my sab nitro.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No other compatibility issue that I've heard of and I've been with XPERT for awhile. Are you Facebook capable? If so, search "XPERT RC GROUP" and I'll add you. You can post your question there. It might be a power draw issue or a pulse/frequency issue. No experience with helicommand. We've got some smart cats on the FB page but no guarantees. Have you tried running through an external BEC like a WR or something? What did helicommand say the compatibility issue was?
10pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've only seen one issue similar to yours but it was on a E heli with vbar NEO and using a different brand of servo. The pilot had to install a opti power backup guard to buffer the power from the bec. When he would power the heli on, two servos would not initialize unless they were unplugged from the fbl and reconnected. If you have a backup guard or a buffer pack hanging around I would try it and see what happens.

But before all of that I would check the helicommand settings for the servos and make sure everything is correct. I'm not very familiar with helicommand so my information on that unit will be limited.
boogie12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was using the bec from a kosmik 200, master and slave outputs.
I am an old timer and don't belong to facebook. The helicommand settings were correct for the servos. The link on helicommand is https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=758974
Old 09-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI I found that Helidirect make note in the R1T servo details that they will not function/non-compatible with Bavarian Demon 3x/3sx (ie. Helicommand).
This is a bummer as these servos are fantastic...
Need the new Axon or a different currently available fbl.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

So what you found out is true. After chatting with Willie and Greg A, it's doubtful there will be any updates to the helicommand as it's an old system. Greg will try to send Xperts to BD once the Axon is released to check compatibility. I don't know of any other workaround other than what's been mentioned here already.
10pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I am going to use a Spirit pro with them.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Murillo View Post
All I can say hope you get them working, this servo are one of the best servo I try coming from using only futaba servos.
Hi luis to which futaba servo's do you have them compared

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk
MrEmail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The BLS 175HV sbus1 and if I remember right the 272sbus1 cycle servo.
At that time I was not looking for speed, more for torque. The Xpert has speed and torque!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in