Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up with a defective 130x out of the box and it took some time and diagnostic work to find the problem. Rather then copy all the fixes here just see
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...41#post4478941 for resolution to 130x problem probably built by a guy in training at the factory…

1. Cyclic ball linkage on reversed (so the ‘C’ bend hit the canopy posts when servo moved)

2. Torque Tube (TT) put in backwards – longer bevel goes forward / if not TT tail gear will slip forward

3. Boom pushed too far into frame body causing the front torque tube gear to ride too high and bind.

4. Tail servo mount was flush against main frame so tail blade pitch opposite of what’s needed at center. You want a slight pitch to resist torque less Heli will need lots of tail on spin-up to prevent spinning (so move tail servo mount aft slightly). On mine the thickness of a quarter and a penny 26 cents was perfect

5. Tail servo had weak solder joint to motor and came loose and had to be soldered.

6. The tail box had very loose bearings that would cause the tail slider to bind a certain RPM and cause the heli to spin since the tail would lock.

7. Travel nut on cycle servo not sealed with silicon or CA causing the nut on the servo to come loose and the gear drive to slip out.
Castle, Hyperion, AR6210 / JR 11x
Tailbender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

There's a new fix floating around.... Its to cover the torque tube with grease. This can be the fix for getting rid of the intermittent grinding noise caused by the torque tube rubbing against the tail boom. I'm asking for some volunteers to try it so that we can verify it's a fix worth doing thus being able to add to this thread. Thanks!
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much grease are we talking? There was already a small amount of grease on mine from the factory. I wipe it down with a thin coat every time I change the c/d gear.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say a large amount of grease across the middle section of the torque tube.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I would say a large amount of grease across the middle section of the torque tube.
Would this help out with the coffee grinder sound coming from the heli??
Chris g. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris g. View Post
This would diminish it.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris g.

This would diminish it.
I've always put a small amount of silicon grease on the torque tube (TT) but I think what really reduced the "coffee grinder sound" was to get the correct front TT gear mesh - found if I had a small amount of play really quieted it down. A small carbon rod on the tail fin reduced the resonance problem spooling up.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailbender View Post
I've always put a small amount of silicon grease on the torque tube (TT) but I think what really reduced the "coffee grinder sound" was to get the correct front TT gear mesh - found if I had a small amount of play really quieted it down. A small carbon rod on the tail fin reduced the resonance problem spooling up.
Thanks for the info. I will try this out to see if its works. I have tried everything else and nothing has worked so far. I will get it to stop but then the very next time i take it up there it is again..
Chris g. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got the grinding noise after I green loctited the b gear to the tt. I took the green off and now the noise is gone
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Has anyone tried the carbon fiber vertical stab with success? I know the stock one vibrates but I am wondering if the carbon fiber one is any better?
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I can tell the carbon fins don't vibrate as much simply because they are stiffer, however that just means that the vibs are still there just being hidden better. If you have'nt balanced your tail rotor then you really should, I did it to mine and it's so much smoother now, no resonation on spool up and the stock fin does'nt vibrate at all.
jlink125 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW, I changed my tail gear out with some hop-ups because I just wanted less vibes on full throttle. Flew before,... now it doesn't...to many vibes. Gotta try and do more trouble shooting. Anyone have any problems with the carbon fiber torque tubes?
Basically changed out the whole tail assembly, other than the boom. Don't know how much it would help, but my tail servo assembly may need to move back slightly. Thats the first thing i'll try.
conceptmachine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you balanced the tail blades? This made a huge difference on mine.
jlink125 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I tried balancing both the mains and the tails... No amount of tape works anywhere. LOL, there is sooo much vibration it just scoots on the ground like the vintage vibration football and soccer games of the 60's. LOL I don't know... I can't figure it out... gotta probably strip it down bare again...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

UPDATE: Carbon fiber torque tube was the issue. After finally vibrating so badly that it tore off the little tail servo motor wires. Soldered them back on (PITA) then installed back the orginal TT. Worked great!! Then went to fly it again... and lost the tail ball linkage retaining pin (do these loctite in). Was thinking.. what now LOL... anyway... gotta try and find it now... don't think I have another anywhere.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Blade 130X Setup for Success (Compiled list of fixes)

Just replaced elevator servo. It started smoking for no reason. While I had the frame apart, decided to look at the A/B gear mesh. It had some play since I put a titanium main shaft and metal gear on a while back. So I ended up grinding the flat on the bottom a bit longer so the main gear slips on farther. Now the meshes are all perfect! We'll see how she flies in the morning.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
Has anyone tried the carbon fiber vertical stab with success? I know the stock one vibrates but I am wondering if the carbon fiber one is any better?
I thought I had a photo but couldn't find it... if you want a cheap fix for tail fin just epoxy a length of carbon fiber ride along the edge of the fin and it makes it rigid and removes the vibration.

I have found most vibration caused from bad gear mesh or a slight bend (sometimes out of the box) of the tail shaft.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail vibes

I've recently purchased one of these awesome looking 130x's. OOB I found a stripped C gear, but only after it threw a tail rotor and blade grip at my ankle. Needless to say, Loctite is my friend, and the pre-flight check has now become a more diligent process for me.

Anyway, for the tail vibes, I have found a tremendous amount of slop in my stock tail box bearings (the flanged 4mm ones). This I have rectified with a single 4x6x0.2mm shim between the bearing flange and the plastic housing on the D gear side, tightening up both the slop in the tail, and tightened the gear spacing on my tail gears (still enough backlash between C & D gears). I have taken the vibration down from 45% throttle to between 15-20% throttle (a much more manageable range).
What are the other primary causes to this vibration that I should look for in hope to eliminate the rest of them. I think it must have something to do with the TT, perhaps a bearing issue or it is too flexible and doesn't spin true until higher RPM's.

Billy

Last edited by Billz_01; 02-01-2013 at 07:10 AM..
Billz_01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Blade 130X Setup for Success (Compiled list of fixes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitars555 View Post
Just replaced elevator servo. It started smoking for no reason. While I had the frame apart, decided to look at the A/B gear mesh. It had some play since I put a titanium main shaft and metal gear on a while back. So I ended up grinding the flat on the bottom a bit longer so the main gear slips on farther. Now the meshes are all perfect! We'll see how she flies in the morning.
Update: back in business... An interesting note, leading up to the servo failure (still unknown, will send in to HH for warrantee service), I was getting LVC at 2-1/2 - 3 minutes on some batteries. I thought they were getting old, I've over discharged a couple times, so I marked them. Now with the new servo, I got 4 minutes from the same batteries. I'm thinking it was drawing too much power on its way out. If I'm right, that will be something to watch for in the future, but requires logging battery voltages, fight times, etc.

Mcpx, SR, 130x, 450x
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dunno if this has been mentioned but I think it is important that the tail boom supports are glued (not push fit) at each end. Need to re check this after a tail strike.

Tags
130x, blade, fixes, mods, tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in