Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #1181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loctite blue 243, self priming and oil resistent

Bill S
VelocityRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #1182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Loctite blue 243, self priming and oil resistent

Bill S

+1 This is what I use aswell. Loctite 243 blue.

Most important of all make sure it's not stale, try to purchase a fresh one if possible.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #1183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 470L 2.5mm Shaft Upgrade Kit Issues

Sorry for the long read but I posted this on another forum since it seems to be the only active one ATM. First 2 paragraphs and last paragraph explain it as best I can. Third was a reply, last was final post. Wondering if any of you folks have tried the new 2.5mm shaft upgrade kit and had this problem with the 470L.

Posted Question: When you installed the 2.5mm shaft upgrade kit did you have run out in possibly the hub or shaft causing a wobble in the main gear when spinning the head and a bind once every rotation. The head is very hard to turn with everything buttoned up and the shaft end play shimmed correctly.
Ideas ?
Bill S.

Hi folks, back to the 2.5mm shaft upgrade kit I had that was causing the main gear to wobble. I got the replacement kit and it is much better but still not perfect. When installed and the main shaft shimmed to just a tick of play and the bottom collar on and the bolt pushed through and partially threaded all is fine and things turn freely. As soon as the bolt head touches the collar the head starts to turn tight and every 360' a tighter spot. Tightening the bolt further makes this worse. Removing the motor all spins fine so it seems that it has to do with the AR area only. I loctited the screw and tightened it just past where the bolt head contacted the collar and took it for three flights and It does not seem to vibrate like a bent main shaft and the bolt has not come out. I would feel alot better about being able to snug it up a bit. (FYI for those of you who have not installed this kit the bottom bolt does not have a lock nut, the collar is threaded)
Ideas anyone ?

RR Member Reply: "I have had a problem with older 450's when tightening that bolt. I have take to not over tightening it and basically just tighten until slightly snug. I do this on all of my machines so the plastic of the gear doesn't mis-shapen."

Yeah, familiar with that since I have 3 450 Pro's for more than 6 years.The updated gear with the metal insert was better but all you need to do on that is just get the nylock seated, barely snug. This is not the same deal as compressing the plastic AR / tail drive gear. The 470 is all metal down there and I don't even get the screw past where the bolt head seats on the collar before I notice the binding that gets worse every 360'. The tighter I get it the worse it is and there is really nothing to compress down there. Actually I am applying less torque that in takes to just turn a screw into the nylon section of a well used nylock. Quite puzzling. Since one kit was better than the other I suspect MFG issues. I hate to ask Heli Direct for another RMA. Thinking of buying another inner AR hub since it may come from a different batch or just stay with the OEM 2mm kit which works smooth as silk.

Still fishing for ideas.

Last edited by VelocityRC; 06-28-2017 at 06:05 PM..
VelocityRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #1184 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm late to the party here, but I just ordered the 470 with the belt drive tail, and while ordering just thinking about spares and things like that, I noticed the 2.5mm belt pulley assembly upgrade kit (H47H017XXW) and the metal tail drive belt pulley (H47G003XXW) I 'm not really sure what is upgraded on that belt pulley assembly? is it needed to add the metal belt pulley, or something for the shaft driven tail version? Thanks!
Old 09-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #1185 (permalink)
DPW
Registered Users

Default And one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall2Fast View Post
2.5mm belt pulley assembly upgrade kit (H47H017XXW) and the metal tail drive belt pulley (H47G003XXW) I 'm not really sure what is upgraded on that belt pulley assembly? is it needed to add the metal belt pulley, or something for the shaft driven tail version? Thanks!
Yes I would do metal tail gear and 470L V2 Main Rotor Holder H47H019XX

H47G003XXW Original kit tail gear may be short and may need gear rework where the metal will fix both. Some flyers stated they had a few mm side to side slop with the metal but a little sanding on the tail box faces with tighten that up. Mine only had a few 0.001" play and were good as is. Longer metal shaft needs no gear rework and will improve handling / flight.

H47H019XX Going from V1 to V2 Rotor will improve handling / flight

IMO the cost to reduce crashes via improved handling / flight is worth every penny spent.

Last edited by DPW; 09-04-2017 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: chg to reflect new kit parts
DPW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #1186 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as the 2.5mm bolt, a mild crash the original bolt will bend/distort and jam inside the main shaft, causing problems with removal etc. The upgraded one is much better and doesn't require the nut on the other side.

The metal tail pulley offers mostly bling, but it does eliminate the problem of a slight defect where the injection mold plastic has a little bump, which can catch on the belt and cause a weird clicking and unusual wear.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #1187 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my 470lm about 1.5 months ago.
My kit came with the 2.5 OWB assy. And the longer tailshaft. (Plastic pully). I have since put the metal tail pully on.
It might be that the newer kits come with them now, not sure though, i might have been just lucky. I would like to get the V2 blade grips though, and will after the first crash.
As far as the main tail pully goes, in my opinion, the metal one provides a path for static to disopait.
cschmidt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #1188 (permalink)
Registered Users

After I asked about the 2.5mm main shaft I looked at the manual (found one finally, because I don’t’ have the kit yet) and seen where it talked about the 2mm bolt. I didn’t see anything about upgraded blade grips until you mentioned that.

This is the kit I purchased AGNRH47E01X

So I’m not sure what will be included in that box. If you go to http://shop.align.com.tw and click on your model, there is an option to see the parts breakdown, then click the part reference number and it pulls up all options of that part, if you click on the blade grip, it does show the V2 option. Thanks for letting me know about the upgrades. I feel the same way about a build… build it to its best abilities and get it over with, within reason of expense.
I also added H47T030XXW metal rudder servo mount, I heard others recommend this while I was building my 450L dominator.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #1189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a picture from my box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170904_114156.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	721546  
Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM   #1190 (permalink)
Registered Users

And from the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170904_114038.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	721547  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:37 AM   #1191 (permalink)
Registered Users

My kit is not going to get to me until this Tuesday (9/12/17) the website doesn't show the last letter, and I bought the RH47E01X that comes with the servos and beast x. Originally I wanted to get the 06 kit and buy my own servos and a different flybar controller, but could not find that kit in stock. it's going to be a looong wait until I get to open that box..... my spare parts will be here Thurs.

This Saturday I will riding the motorcycle to the Flight 93 crash site memorial, I go there every year on or near Sept 11th to pay my respects and thank those that saved us from further tragedy..
Old 09-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #1192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Enjoy. This kit is awesome. One of my favorite flyers.
yakky likes this.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #1193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 470L stability

I am not sure if this is the forum to place a question of the 470L stability compared to the 360cfx.
I only flown the 360cfx, aside that the spare parts of the align 470L is cheaper. Is the stability of the 470L better than the 360cfx
please comment
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #1194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Align 470L

The 470 will fly pretty similar to the 360cfx. It’s basically the same size Heli.

Last edited by CrashNburn420; 10-17-2017 at 07:19 PM..
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #1195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasito View Post
I am not sure if this is the forum to place a question of the 470L stability compared to the 360cfx.
I only flown the 360cfx, aside that the spare parts of the align 470L is cheaper. Is the stability of the 470L better than the 360cfx
please comment
The 470l is overall a far better heli with great and cheaper parts support. I can also attest to the fact that it crashes like a tank. Very durable.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #1196 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will wait for black Friday to get a good deal on the 470. Mean while I will continue to fly the 360. Or I will just sell it!
yakky likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #1197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plenty of good deals on ebay.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #1198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
Plenty of good deals on ebay.
I will check ebay
Old 10-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #1199 (permalink)
Registered Users

got mine from ebay too
ChopDrifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #1200 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up a spare LP kit on eBay for 100$
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in