Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Then I would just adjust your D/R and expo to your liking for FM1 and then leave it like the manual suggest for the other modes. It essentially can be made to be very similar by just adjusting and taming it down.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Then I would just adjust your D/R and expo to your liking for FM1 and then leave it like the manual suggest for the other modes. It essentially can be made to be very similar by just adjusting and taming it down.
Just flew 2 packs through it with this exact method. I setup aileron, elevator and tail with 70% travel and 25% expo. As well, I limited pitch to 75%. Definitely tamed it down some and was more comfortable to fly. It really flies great like this.

I feel these basic settings will allow me to get used to this heli and ramp up into it's performance as I grow. That seems to make much more sense than learning on a different heli (230s) then just switching to a different model. I can slowly adjust D/R as my comfort level increases.
TurboMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
I did the upgrade. Without over simplifying training mode on the 7210, the main feature is user settable bank angles. A recommendation when using this mode is to never take off or land with it engaged..... it gets wonky!

If you upgrade, lift off normally, flip it on, and fly around. (NO 3D) and then when you want to land, reduce altitude to 3-4 feet flip it off and land. It's not recommended to try and take-off or land with it active.

Hope this helps. Looking at your video, you should do fine with the 270cfx..... it can be a handful if you want!

I have 2 questions specific to this answer above.

A) If you upgrade to this pro version do you still have the bailout feature? Maybe that's a stupid question.

B) The trainer mode, can you adjust settings so that you can increase or decrease the amount that it allows the helicopter to bank?

The reason I'm asking is I've wanted to buy this helicopter for quite some time. I own a 230 S which I enjoy flying in the first mode that controls the banked angles. I've also flown it in idleup 1/2 somewhat. I have a T Rex 450 and 500 with skookum 720 BEs on them specifically so that I can engage self level and fly around them with the controls banking angles on and then flip it off when I want to fly around as a normal collective pitch without limitations. Of course with those because they are much bigger I tend to put them up in the air much higher so I can still see them and get a little braver flying around in normal collective pitch.

I am probably what you would consider a low-end intermediate flyer. The reason I utilize the above a lot is I have a spinal cord injury so my finger dexterity and hand dexterity is somewhat impaired but I am able to do some basic sport flying with a collective pitch. I'm still working on getting my skills up to be a little more precise with that as well as getting the balls up to do some 3-D of which I've only attempted a little bit. But with my impaired dexterity I really enjoyed the option to put it in a limited banking mode when my fingers aren't cooperating so that I can at least have some fun without worrying about turning it into a lawn dart.

If the 270 can be set up in a similar fashion I would like to get it and add it to my hanger so that I have something to go with the 230 that is a little more precise and capable when I go to a small Park versus having to go to my clubs big flying field.

Obviously I asked this question with the understanding that it's a much different helicopter than the 230, much more like my 450 and my 500. But that's the specific reason I'm inquiring about trainer mode and still having the ability to have a bailout feature. That has saved my butt a few times on the 450 and the 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysterious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the price to do this gets up around $150, I would personally just add a few bucks and get a new Ikon 2. Featured out with free upgrades for life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

A) Yes for the Pro-Edition. No for the free of charge Basic version. See here (bailout = attitude control): http://wiki.beastx.com/index.php/BEA...es/en#AR7210BX

B) Although I never tried it, I have seen you can customize the maximum tilt angles in Flight trainer mode via StudioX software ("Expert Settings" tab in main window, grayed out on the following screen shot): http://wiki.beastx.com/images/c/cb/S...oSoftstart.png

Edit: Don't forget as mentioned above, the Flight trainer mode is not made for take-off and landing.

Edit2: Maybe you will get better answers on those questions if you post them on the BeastX forum section (very knowledgeable people!).

Last edited by Lupo99; 06-02-2017 at 03:41 PM..
Lupo99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017, 12:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the replies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in