Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters

Gaui Helicopters Gaui Official Factory Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui pitch slider clips

First off, i love my X4II. It's one of the best flying helis I have.

However I would like to say that I absolutely hate the "clips" that Gaui uses on the pitch slider arms. They are a nightmare to get off and back on and just looking at them scares me that they are not secure.

True story: When I received my Gaui NX4 when it was first released I pulled the head out of the box which also uses these clips on the follower arms and I swear one of the clips literally fell off the head without even being touched.

It annoys me that Gaui helis while being designed very well use these crappy things.

I was very happy to see that the new formula head Gaui has released has removed these clips and now uses a screw & washer in their place but it really pisses me off that the new formula pitch slider still has them.

I recently had a crash where i broke one of the pitch slider arms and it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to get them off. Luckily I had a micro heli pinion puller on hand and was able to push the pin out.

So on hand they fall off when you look at them, on the other hand when you want to remove them they are freaking impossible.

I really think gaui should have gone to the screw & washer if they were going through the trouble to design and create the new pitch slider.

The pitch slider itself is a great design but it's like when they got to the arms they just said "welp thats enough, lets just use some old part here" Sounds like the motto of a certain American car maker who I will not name!

I hope Gaui reads this and takes this into consideration. Next time I crash and my pitch slider breaks i'm going to replace it with a T-rex 600 pitch slider which fits and is MUCH easier to service the arms

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428255019.456619.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	578523

Last edited by vertico; 04-05-2015 at 05:07 PM..
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The push on lock washers have been used on helis for a very long time. I think JR was the company that made these very popular through their heli line a while ago but don't quote me on that. They can be soooo annoying to get off I can definitely relate to that but I think Gaui was going for a simplistic and light weight design by using them. When they are installed properly they can be really secure too. In certain industries they use a specific tool so that the washers are installed perfectly straight (http://www.bakfin.com/starlock/assembly-tools.html) and for other open end lock washers there is a tool to extract them but it isn't the exact same type of hardware
(http://www.kitclub.es/maquetas-kits-...N-6799%29.html).
Maybe if there was a proper tool to extract these washers then the simpler design that Gaui has could remain on the machine and just include a small tool with the kit. Its always possible there is aready a tool out there too I just havent seen one. Very interesting topic though Vertico.
iKon Flybarless
Swooper6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in