Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Would You Buy A Used Gyro?

I'm wondering how you guys feel about buying used gyro systems?

I no longer buy used ESC's, been burned too many times even with ones that claimed to be NIB and sold by guys that have great feedback. So for greater reliability and confidence I just buy ESC's from distributors, and I stopped having ESC problems.

Now, I'm faced with buying my first gyro system (probably a BeastX for programing simplicity). But, I'm not really sure how good of an idea buying used is, and how much buying used would increase the odds of crashing.
jwellsy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There will always be some risk in buying used equipment.
That being said, using PayPal offers a recourse if the item is defective.
Might also suggest you avoid items that say sold "as is".

Also if purchasing through the sales forum, you can check the sellers feed back rating.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have purchased a few FBL gryos and only had one time that got a bad one but the guy was super great and sent me another and it seemed to work. but it was cheap anyways... i have gotten many many old FB gyros never any issues. and same with my father. i think as anything you buy used just make sure you feel the person is honest, look at how long they been a member how often they post and there feedback.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem buying used. Accept for an older Ikon. They were known to just die especially after crashes.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

All but two of my Helis have Demons on them, which is probably eleven? Of those, I only purchased one new and that was when they first came out. I haven't had one go bad. I suspect it's because there's nothing in it that moves, and that the firmware is upgradeable. I even have a couple that were sold under the old name, and they are fine. The old versions prior to firmware 2.0 have to be sent back to the factory to update them, so be careful with that. You might want to Google that version as I don't remember the exact version.

We are all different though, and experiance can vary, causing opinions to be different between all of us. I also have bought several used Kontronik ESC's and really when a problem occurs, it's usually not weather I bought it used, but some other reason for the failure.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of my FBL units are used. Vbars especially are bargains right now as the Mikado faithful are all moved over to the Neo. I've never had any issues at all.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the difference of price is few..i suggest you to buy new equipment
yohto34 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in