Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question about T-Rex 450L Dominator Super Combo 6S

Does the Microbeast PLUS that comes with this combo allow bailout setup out of the box?

I thought my friend had read that is does not, but in the listing on HeliDirect is talks about it being a 6-axis (which I know is the hardware), so I was wondering if it had any 6-axis featured enabled in the software. If not, does anyone know the exact cost to upgrade the firmware?

Not that I am ready to move up, but I have my eye on this one as a possible next step.

[2023 - Goblin Speed & Buddy 380 | Spirit / EdgeTX]
[Past - OMP M2 Evo | Goblin: Speed/420/380/Mini Comet | Blade: 360 - Nano]
treys1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

had a look at microbeasts website, theres no mention of bailout.

it has altitude control but not sure a 6 axis gyro relates to that.

i wish gyro manufacters would stop with this "6 axis" nonense, theres no 6 axis, its 6 sensors, 3 gyro sensors and 3 accelorometer sensors.

If you want bailout, your probably better with ikon.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Microbeast PLUS is definitely able to have "bailout":

http://www.beastx.com/eng/microbeast_plus.php

I'm just not sure if the one in the combo has the feature unlocked in the firmware and was hoping someone could confirm / deny.

- Agree on the 6 sensor / axis thing.

[2023 - Goblin Speed & Buddy 380 | Spirit / EdgeTX]
[Past - OMP M2 Evo | Goblin: Speed/420/380/Mini Comet | Blade: 360 - Nano]
treys1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure you need to pay about $100 extra on-line and upgrade the Microbeast software to get bailout with the 450L kit. I know that is how it was for my 500X kit.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

im still on the fence with bailout, but i learned without. Most of my crashes i doubt bailout would have saved it, but i hve saved my helis quite a few times.

on one hand it can be a great help for someone that is starting out and learning on a larger machine but on the other hand it can prolong the learning curve as you dont learn how to correct mistakes and rely on the save button.

like recently was doing half piroflips and something went wrong i just reacted the heli did some scary twitches and i was back flying no thinking
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
im still on the fence with bailout, but i learned without. Most of my crashes i doubt bailout would have saved it, but i hve saved my helis quite a few times.

on one hand it can be a great help for someone that is starting out and learning on a larger machine but on the other hand it can prolong the learning curve as you dont learn how to correct mistakes and rely on the save button.

like recently was doing half piroflips and something went wrong i just reacted the heli did some scary twitches and i was back flying no thinking
Bailout/rescue can save a person learning lots of $$$
I know 2 that crashed 570 Goblins and couldn't afford to rebuild them and gave up the hobby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in