Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 No Sound and acting very weird

Just happened out of the blue yesterday towards the end of the day. Powered on my DX9 and there was no sound. If you listen carefully you can hear a crackling noise coming from the speaker. It also boots up kind of weird, not the usual sequence I'm used to seeing, the screen flashes on and off a couple times, as well as there is no power off screen, it just shuts straight off when you slide the power switch off, instead of the usual sequence that would take forever to get through.

Heres a quick video showing no sounds and what its doing. Any ideas? Looks like I might be out of a radio for a couple weeks while horizon takes care of it.....i knew I shouldn't have sold my backup dx8

I've tried loading all versions of airwave with the same results across all versions. Very bummed. Not sure if I can still trust it to fly with, if its some hardware failure limited just to the sound, or if it will effect transmitting performance.

DX9 No Sound/broken :( (0 min 29 sec)

Any thoughts guys?

Keith
gcac399 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just noticed, the trainer port is not working as well. Definitely time to send it back to Horizon. Hopefully it will be a fast turnaround. One of the last couple flights before it went out, I was last using it with an old XP6102 buddy boxing my friend who's just getting into the hobby on one of my birds.

Keith
Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 No Sound and acting very weird

Well I dropped it off at the LHS where I bought it. They will be sending it in to horizon for me. I am interested to see what caused these malfunctions.

Keith
Old 03-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,
I have the same problem yesterday at the field my remote started going crazy say battery low and vibrating violently (mind you it was after being on charge all night) there was no way of stopping it i pulled the battery out to stop it a burning smell came from the remote. And when i tried starting it up it would turn on then say low battery.
did you have the same problem?
what was the reply from HH.
SantoRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcac399 View Post
Well I dropped it off at the LHS where I bought it. They will be sending it in to horizon for me. I am interested to see what caused these malfunctions.

Keith
Yes let us know how it works out. When you send something in it also helps to send details along with it. A note about what you may have been doing in use like Trainer port in use and type/model of Slave box
and cord. Or were you using WLT?
One question.Did you happen to possibly accidentally plug the buddy cord(if using one) into the Audio output port? IIRC I heard another report of Audio problems after accidentally plugging Trainer lead into Audio port.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantoRC View Post
Hey,
I have the same problem yesterday at the field my remote started going crazy say battery low and vibrating violently (mind you it was after being on charge all night) there was no way of stopping it i pulled the battery out to stop it a burning smell came from the remote. And when i tried starting it up it would turn on then say low battery.
did you have the same problem?
what was the reply from HH.
Your problem is different and not related to this thread. I would reply but you really should start a new thread for your specific issue. Add details.
Type of pack,method of charge etc.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is possible that I accidentally plugged it into the audio port, but never noticed if I did, so I am doubtful. The trainer port was exclusively used with the realfight interlink transmitter. They ended up replacing my radio. Funny the timing of your reply, as the On/Off switch won't recognize the "off" position. Turns on, but need to unplug the battery to turn off, and cannot use trainer mode with Realflight since it wants to see the switch off
Old 03-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Support second to none. New radio
I suggest finding a little plug or something to block the Audio port if your using sim/trainer cable alot. IMO its too easy to accidentally plug into the wrong one.
Not sure if this is what might cause a issue with the sound board but its not worth the chance to me.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

What an odd coincidence... Today I did the EXACT SAME THING. Buddy boxed off an old XP6102. and it did the same thing. No sound and boots up the same way...

Ricky
rickyg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 02:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have same problem with dx6

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
vic huijgens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine happened exactly the same thing. I used the buddy box via cable for a helicopter flight, the sound stopped working and the trainer door as well.

A friend who is an instructor at the club where I fly said that this has happened twice with him. Now he only does DX9 instruction in wireless mode.
He even pasted an adhesive behind the radio so there was no danger of plugging anything there.

Since I'm 6000 away miles from the USA (Brazil) and we have no assistance here, I can only sit and cry with a radio of almost $ 600 with such a stupid defect.
I honestly believe that Horizon should be aware of the problem, as it must have fixed many radios in the same situation, but does not issue a bulletin to preserve its image.
PetyaHawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in