Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)

Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Aut. FC

Opinions needed...I have narrowed down my search to 2 FC for a camera ship...Tarot ZYX and APM 2.8
Who out there would think that one is better than the other...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

...CRICKETS....
Old 06-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF MR Support

...Bought the APM 2.8 so we will see what is what when it gets here....
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never played with the Tarot personally but once you get use to it, I think the APM was the better option.
Cpl Woody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2016, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default APM

Well, got the APM 2.8 in today and installed it...worked for a while but now refuses to arm...only spins for a second then stops...gone over set up two times now and still the same so now looks like I need a APM GURU !
Old 07-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTcaflyer View Post
Well, got the APM 2.8 in today and installed it...worked for a while but now refuses to arm...only spins for a second then stops...gone over set up two times now and still the same so now looks like I need a APM GURU !
APM should tell you what is going on when you connect it to your PC. I know both the ones I wired up were finicky until I got the GPS direction correct.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Everything looks OK when connected to my lap top, but will not arm once it is disconnected...GPS shows locked on flight data screen outside.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Still not working...checked TX end points and re-calibrated everything again...will only spin motors on arming for one second....no spool up without
the FC connected to my computer
Old 07-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Still not working...checked TX end points and re-calibrated everything again...will only spin motors on arming for one second....no spool up without
the FC connected to my computer
Hmmmm that is odd... If it isnt showing any errors then there might be a hardware issue
Old 07-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF MR Support

..Ready to sell this thing already...I so enjoy using items that work right out of the package...
Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
..Ready to sell this thing already...I so enjoy using items that work right out of the package...
Ironically.... When I was doing more custom builds I would usually use compatible plug and play type products to cut down on labor costs for the customer. Almost always this was followed with, "I found so and so combination for waaaaaaay less than your price on eBay/Bangood/etc."

Course then my labor rates would double or triple since the amount of effort that goes into making that crap work together was often obscene....
Old 07-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default FC APM VS KK2.1.5 VS KK5.5

...As it turns out...the spare KK 2.1.5 board I have did not work as expected...multiple flip overs was enough to get close to shelving the whole thing. On a whim, I pulled out the antique KK 5.5 ACRO board and guess what...fly's like a dream! I have to actually " FLY" it all times since there is no self level, but it is stabile!
Old 07-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...As it turns out...the spare KK 2.1.5 board I have did not work as expected...multiple flip overs was enough to get close to shelving the whole thing. On a whim, I pulled out the antique KK 5.5 ACRO board and guess what...fly's like a dream! I have to actually " FLY" it all times since there is no self level, but it is stabile!
Very nice! Its kinda funny when you can revert back like that. I think I have like 6 kk boards sitting on my desk just waiting for the right build for a little nostalgia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in