Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr.Ben

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V2 setting for F3C hovering

Hi all,

I am setting up my CGY for F3C competition and have setup the conditions for a hovering bank. So far the only changes I have made are to reduce the pitch range to 10 degrees (from 12), decrease the rotation rate from 240 d/s to 180 d/s, increased the expo to -30 and increased the heading hold for both Elevator and Alieron to 100, from 80.

I haven't flown this setup yet, but these changes seem similar to what I would do on other FBL units for Competiton hovering. Are there any other of the settings I should be looking at or does anyone have a better starting point that they are using?

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just finished up NATS here in the US.
Many of the pilots, including me, are below 50d/s for the hovering bank.
Also, you may make use of the base gain to make the cyclic gain higher than 100 for the hovering bank.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Montee View Post
Just finished up NATS here in the US.
Many of the pilots, including me, are below 50d/s for the hovering bank.
Also, you may make use of the base gain to make the cyclic gain higher than 100 for the hovering bank.
Thanks very much for responding. Wow, that is low for hovering, I flew at 180d/s yesterday and see it could go lower. I was running down at 50 agility with the Vbar but that doesn't equate to deg/sec.

I am up at 100 for my hovering bank and heard Nick mention the use of base gain to increase it. Do you know if that also applies to the HH gain? I am at 100 but felt it could go higher.

The other question I have is on feel. I normally like a very robotic feel for the aeros, but was wondering for the hovering if running natural (50) or even lower would smooth out the movements. I realise this is a personal setting with no right or wrong but have you seen any preference being used? On the Vbar I found the similar setting didn't help me but thought it may be different with the CGY.

//Dennis.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If by HH gain you mean the tail gain, no. Base gain is for the cyclic only.
In another post Nick wrote about using different flight style settings in the banks to aid with presentation of the model in front of the judges.
At the moment both my banks have the same flight style.
For aerobatics and freestyle I personally prefer the flight style to be higher.
After reading Nick's post I'll probably play around with the hovering bank flight style some more.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I meant the HeadhldA and HeadhldE which is the I gain on the head. It should make the Heli hold better for hovering on cyclic.

//Dennis.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My HeadHldE and HeadHldA are stock.
StpTuneE is raised on my model to stop oscillations on elevator after input.

Also found for hovering I like my flight style lower.
Makes the movements inputted during hovering maneuvers appear less drastic.

Last edited by Full Montee; 08-13-2016 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Fixed settings talked about.
Full Montee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 03:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis have a chat with Greg Lepp. He has done a heap of fine tuning for FC3 with the CGY and his E7SE flies like it's on rails.

Stuart
Citizen #507
awesomeOne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeOne View Post
Dennis have a chat with Greg Lepp. He has done a heap of fine tuning for FC3 with the CGY and his E7SE flies like it's on rails.

Stuart
Thanks Stuart, after I posted here I caught up with Leppy and have some settings from him to try.

//Dennis.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

3D mode is FINE FOR F3C, so use it.

1. Use two banks, one for aeros, one for hover
2. Set base gain to 150 so you'll have as much as 150 head gain available for hover.
3. Start with about 35% swash rate for hover and around 90d/s cyclic rate for hover.
4. Keep transmittter dual rates at 100%.
5. Adjust for piros around the mainshaft by increasing or decreasing the swash rate a little bit at a time as needed.
6. For hover adjust ele stop tune to stop an ele bounce. 110-120 % works well. Stock ail stop tune for hover is generally fine. It's fine for aeros too.
7. For hover you can further improve performance by increasing HH gain, but do not increase to the point you see wiggles either when the model is hit by the wind or with stick input in the wind. Stock HH gain settings for aeros are generally fine.
8. Run head gain as high as the model will tolerate in hover.
9. Increase Style for hover as high as you can without making the model feel too robotic or notchy when moving from point to point.
10. Control Authority is important. For hover tune to taste until the model initiates movement smoothly. For aeros, I would start with 35%. Esp for ail, you need to tune control authority to match the stability and response of you blades. Reduce up to the point you perceive control lag. If control authority is too high with large and/or stable blades, it will corkscew your rolls and create unpredictable (but NOT scary) entries into rolling maneuvers. The nose may pitch up or otherwise deviate offline.
11. Once again depending on blades, you made need to use a little ele comp if the nose is trying to lift in rolls. Tune carefully and in no more than 2% increments.

That'll get you started.

Ben Minor
MeekaMoMo likes this.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks very much. I do need to up the base gain as I am at 100% for hover and it can still go higher. I am running down at 50 d/s for swash rate but haven't played with the swash rate.

I still have a lot of work to do on my flying, I've had about a 6 month break from flying and even longer since I've flown F3C. I ran through the P schedule 4 times today and at least everything was starting to look recognisable by the end, and the current tune is good enough till I get my flying back to a reasonable level. But this will be a good reference as I improve.

//Dennis.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

To add to this thread Nick Maxwell posted up his current setup with his Quest on FB the other day.

Base gain @ 150
-TX gain @ 100
-Gyro #2 Rt.Hd.Gn @ 140/140 EndPoint; 155/155limits
-Elevator HHG @ 93
-Aileron HHG @ 139
-Sws.Rate in Hover @ 6 degrees; 9 degrees in aeros (I think its 34 in hover and 53 in aeros... (but depends on servo wheel size and servos)
-Sws.Ring 150 in Hover, I think 126 in aeros (whatever just off binding is)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in