Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default to Gain or not to Gain?

hey freaks, i have a DX7 with the 3gx setup v2.1 on my trex 550e FBL. on my gain screen on the tx i have 77% at 0position & 77% at 1position. in the 3gx software screen under settings display my gain reading is at 51%. i remember on finless's video he said that if you used a futaba tx the gain was exactly what it read ie 32 gain is 32 gain, but on other tx's you had to use an equation to figure out what it was ie 70 would = 30 or 32? is this what i'm seeing here?77 is actually 51. another reason i ask is, before i raised my tx gain to 77 it was like 70 which was below 50 in the software screen under rudder gain the heli was acting a little weird. was this rate mode? i raised the tx gain to 77 = 51 in software rudder gain. is this heading hold?
em3jefferson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think your dx7 is like my dx8 where the scale is similar to futaba -100 to +100. If so, you want to put in +35 for heading hold as a starting point (per the manual). I'm flying with my gain set at 36 on the TX

if your scale is 0 to 100 like the dx6 then start at 70 on the TX
Taxus812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

when i was flying my dx 7 with multiple 3gx units my gain was -100 +70. never touched the negative side, and made only small changes to the top. my 9503 uses the same settings.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The old DX6, DX7 and 9503 should be about 70

The newer DX8 and DX7S use the Futaba scaling and should be about 35

It's nice that the industry is standardizing but it leads to confusion in the short term
"Fly Lower!"
Lower! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in