Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is why I always pay with pay pall.

Up had them settle a few cases for me in my favour. Most stores absorb the fee but even if they don't I don't mind paying a tiny bit extra for piece of mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
This is why I always pay with pay pall.

Up had them settle a few cases for me in my favour. Most stores absorb the fee but even if they don't I don't mind paying a tiny bit extra for piece of mind.
totally agree....paypal has been good to me too....

got my 500 out yesterday..and all is well it seems...5 minutes of hovering and basic movement to get the tail dialed in and it seems back to 100%...
Old 12-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
totally agree....paypal has been good to me too....

got my 500 out yesterday..and all is well it seems...5 minutes of hovering and basic movement to get the tail dialed in and it seems back to 100%...
Good to hear.
After doing so bit of trimming and adjusting the blade tracking, I took mine out to a bigger field and let her loose a bit. It's gonna be a while before I get over how well it flies. she loves being thrown around just as much as she likes to stay still and calm I just need to practise nose in a bit more... Had a few sketchy turns in toward me
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good to hear.
After doing so bit of trimming and adjusting the blade tracking, I took mine out to a bigger field and let her loose a bit. It's gonna be a while before I get over how well it flies. she loves being thrown around just as much as she likes to stay still and calm I just need to practise nose in a bit more... Had a few sketchy turns in toward me
I'm terrible with nose in and can't make turns towards me to save my life! I'm hitting the sim hard this winter to improve.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not done. Just showing off the new canopy and blades.
I really like the RCbooya canopy pins, but a little disappointed that the yellow on the blades doesn't quite match the canopy. Doesn't even look like the same heli does it?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trex canopy.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	271111  
Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Not done. Just showing off the new canopy and blades.
I really like the RCbooya canopy pins, but a little disappointed that the yellow on the blades doesn't quite match the canopy. Doesn't even look like the same heli does it?!
Looks great! From what I can see you have done so pretty god job on the shielding.
Did you find there were heaps of 3 mm screws left over but not many 2 mm left in the rcscrewz kit? I actually ran out of 6x2.5mm.
I'd love to see more pics if you have time.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Looks great! From what I can see you have done so pretty god job on the shielding.
Did you find there were heaps of 3 mm screws left over but not many 2 mm left in the rcscrewz kit? I actually ran out of 6x2.5mm.
I'd love to see more pics if you have time.
I haven't changed out much hardware yet. Nice kit though isn't it? Once my other parts get here I can dive in and start doing that. I just threw everything together for the picture.
I needed m2.5 set screws for the new canopy mounts and they were in the screw kit so it's already helped.

I'm embarrassed to show my wiring close up. I did not not really do a good job and am not happy with it. I'm seriously considering moving the ESC.....the wiring is pretty exposed in case of a crash.

The shielding from the gyro to the tail servo is the worst. I think I'll just start over on that one and try your other suggestion, the cable ties are too noticeable.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't be too hard on yourself, and remember if you have to chose one over the other choose function over form. If skill permits in future re do your wiring so that you can satisfy both function and form.

If you wanted you could move the ESC under the battery tray like mine but its a PITA to get all the wires to fit where I wanted them to. I've come up with a pretty easy solution now where the motor plugs are still accessible (my earlier install they were not) I'll post some pics tonight so you can make your mind up if you want to give it a try.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I haven't changed out much hardware yet. Nice kit though isn't it? Once my other parts get here I can dive in and start doing that. I just threw everything together for the picture.
I needed m2.5 set screws for the new canopy mounts and they were in the screw kit so it's already helped.

I'm embarrassed to show my wiring close up. I did not not really do a good job and am not happy with it. I'm seriously considering moving the ESC.....the wiring is pretty exposed in case of a crash.

The shielding from the gyro to the tail servo is the worst. I think I'll just start over on that one and try your other suggestion, the cable ties are too noticeable.
i'm gonna be honest and say don't stress over your wiring..mine is not pretty at all...for a 1st build and big CP flyer..go for function only...if the wires are out of the way of moving parts and are not causing any glitching just zip tie them in so they don't move and be good..you are not trying to win a Heli show...just trying to be functional and safe. My wiring is a mess..but it works to where i can see it all and make changes easy. I would make it all work 1st and got for pretty later when you get it flying and are happy with it...

just my opinion..

Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you guys are saying......I'm just picky that way. However.....I was just looking at it again and my mood right now is to heck with it, I don't feel like doing it over again right now.

I'll do it over again when I'm in the right mood to do it. I want to get larger red, blue and yellow heat shrink for the ESC to motor wires anyway.

And Dan; your wiring looks fine. I just got on this kick because I saw how nice Steemo's looked and decided I wanted to do that too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring 2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	271220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	271221  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
The problem is they don't care if they get it back. They already have my money. If I don't sent it back I eat $100.00. So if I spend $10.00 to get $90.00 back so be it.I have no choice. All I can do is tell others to use them at their own risk. Lesson learned on my part.
The point I'm making is that under the terms of a contract, they have not fulfilled the contract, so you can claim your money back, regardless of what happens to the stuff they sent to you. That's a basic contractual point and I'm sure it is just as valid over in the US as it is here; if you don't supply as per contract, you can't charge!

Of course, the principle is one thing...I appreciate that actually enforcing it is another....

And +1 on the Paypal thing. I won't use a site that doesn't let me pay by Paypal. Big ticket items (holidays etc) always go on a credit card, so that if the company goes bust, you get your money back!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
The point I'm making is that under the terms of a contract, they have not fulfilled the contract, so you can claim your money back, regardless of what happens to the stuff they sent to you. That's a basic contractual point and I'm sure it is just as valid over in the US as it is here; if you don't supply as per contract, you can't charge!

Of course, the principle is one thing...I appreciate that actually enforcing it is another....

And +1 on the Paypal thing. I won't use a site that doesn't let me pay by Paypal. Big ticket items (holidays etc) always go on a credit card, so that if the company goes bust, you get your money back!
I emailed them and said your mistake and I have to pay for shipping?? Got a reply back that they will refund up to $10.00 for shipping. It cost me $10.28. I will not use them again.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
I emailed them and said your mistake and I have to pay for shipping?? Got a reply back that they will refund up to $10.00 for shipping. It cost me $10.28. I will not use them again.

Are they going to send you the 500 kit?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

No I just want a refund for the kit and bad motor.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What a scam, sorry to hear JC
Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's some vid of flight after adjusting the trim and blade tracking the other day.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGlJJ8Z5No[/ame]

Last edited by Steemo; 12-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: uploading finished
Steemo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fence jumper!!!!

nice dude!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gotta love the sound of those big blades beating the air!

It looked like that bird buzzed it! Great video Steemo!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great job Steemo! Nice and smoooooth
Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Gotta love the sound of those big blades beating the air!

It looked like that bird buzzed it! Great video Steemo!
The sound is intoxicating, it's 5 am and I'm just thinking over and over "I wonder how pissed the neighbour would be if I took the 500 out right now... Surely they wouldn't mind to much"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
Fence jumper!!!!

nice dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
Great job Steemo! Nice and smoooooth
thx VL, I'm getting ok at sport flying but do want to get better at scale too. But that smooth movement and precise control has been far beyond my skill level on the Bee and 450s. It really is so easy for a noob like me to fly this baby, you would love it VL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in