Such a Shame - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

Old 09-16-2016, 03:01 AM   #1
brw0513
Registered Users

Default Such a Shame

I've been designing my own heli airframe for a while now. To be honest, just pinching ideas mostly from all the very good layouts I can find.

It is a shame the Mostro is no longer available. It is a magnificent piece of design with some great elements. The manual was also a marvel.

I would buy one today if the marque was still available and supported.
brw0513 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Thestructured
Registered Users

I wish avant would at the very least release the cad designs so people can supply their own parts, or find someone else interested in making them instead of just disappearing.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Hawk404
CHC Benefactor

Just ship the part you're interested in to a CNC reverse engineering shop and write a check.

One of many:
http://www.astromachineworks.com/reverse_eng.html

I believe the same laws that apply to abandoned physical property apply to abandoned intellectual property.

Nothing is going to happen to you if you dusted off 100 sets and sold them as "short kits". However I can't imagine why anyone would bother. What was once unique and cutting edge is now ho-hum and abandoned.

My Mostro is now serving well as an organ donor. The only time it ever made if off the ground was in a FedEx cargo hold on its way to its new home.

All in all mostly an unpleasant memory of botched quality control and abandoned support. It's probably best to simply let it go.
Hawk404 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #4
fatboyrob
Registered Users

to be honest i dont care anymore the heli has gone you cannot buy kits or spares all the model shops and us idiots who have owned them have been ripped off by a con man. there is no way we can keep them flying so stop kidding your selfs. i will be stripping my electrics out this weekend and getting another heli one that is supported.
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:20 AM   #5
gunny_jeeves
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestructured View Post
I wish avant would at the very least release the cad designs so people can supply their own parts, or find someone else interested in making them instead of just disappearing.
Here here!!!!!

So waaah! They're intellectual property and valuable.... (yeah... only if someone uses them...)

Fine,
Sell them to China! Don't want to do that? Sell to MSH or another vendor... surprise! They don't want to pay for em? Then sell them to one of us. We'll make parts and resurrect this killer heli.

Want to keep any of the dignity you guys had? Release them as open source.

The design is as valuable as its futures which is Zero unless something changes.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #6
brw0513
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm still very keen to buy a complete airframe. They don't last long when they become available.

Please let me know if you have one for sale.
brw0513 is offline        Reply With Quote