Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

Old 01-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #21
dannym
Registered Users

Here is how I have my Spektrum Sats installed on my 470, I am running a mini VBar. I do have other heli's with BeastX and a single Sat, on those I run the Sat on the top gyro tray like the one in the 470 photo. The only time I have had problems with a single Sat in that position was when I had a Sat go bad, which is why I run two on my 470.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	686809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	686810  
dannym is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #22
oldben
Registered Users

A lot of great input. Thanks all. dannym's photos are what I was thinking, but the Beast only allows one sat. I have a Spek. 9020 receiver I can mount which allows up to 3 sat's (a little overkill on the 470) but wiring to the beast is messy. Think I'll try the top spot first with just one sat and see how it goes. Thanks yakky for the recommendations on other sats - I'll check them out too.
oldben is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #23
Squier250
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym View Post
Here is how I have my Spektrum Sats installed on my 470, I am running a mini VBar. I do have other heli's with BeastX and a single Sat, on those I run the Sat on the top gyro tray like the one in the 470 photo. The only time I have had problems with a single Sat in that position was when I had a Sat go bad, which is why I run two on my 470.
Alright sounds good, I think I'll end up doing the same, is that heat shrink over the antennas?
Squier250 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #24
Number
Registered Users

Always put heat shrink over the satellite antennas. The cases are brutal with no strain relief and the antennas break off very easily over time.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:21 AM   #25
Pr0xenet4
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
What Andy said is correct, and while the video may have been a simple mistake and he meant to put it on the same hole, there could actually be some merit to putting it one hole out.

On a 120 degree swashplate, the rear servo (or whichever is the middle) has to move faster to do elevator movements. This is because in reverence to the pivot point (the swash ball and main shaft) the middle servo is actually significantly further away.

140 degree swashplates fix this by having the two side balls further forward, making the distance to the main shaft identical to the center servo.

For this reason, putting the center servo ball further out could actually compensate, because the further out the ball is, the further the ball and link and therefore that part of the swash will move for the same given servo movement. Of course, it will also affect collective in some way (making the heli tilt forward on positive collective or backward on negative), so generally you will want to have them on the same hole.
Hello Number, may you tell me how you have configure the linkage of your swashplate?could you share to me a photo? I followed the Enterprise Hobby video and put the ball link on inner hole for ELE (ch1 MBplus) and the second hole (most outer) for PIT a AILE. I think that manual is not sufficient clear and appear that show the same i did.
By the way, I see your flights awesome skill.
Pr0xenet4 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #26
Number
Registered Users

Mine are all the same. All on the outer hole.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #27
Pr0xenet4
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Mine are all the same. All on the outer hole.
Thanks, Number. I have a single question more: there are any hit on the antirotation bracket on ELE linkage using the outer hole?

The manual recommend the inner hole, at least on the ELE show it and the linkage moves right at middle, between antirotation and top bearing block.

Sorry for my English, Google translate
Pr0xenet4 is offline        Reply With Quote