Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters


700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #461
shaun.evans09
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Default

Hey guys I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction with a small issue. I've noticed that in IU1 & 2 whenever I do a full rudder input the heli comes around fine and as it stops suddenly it snaps back and forth just a little. It's like a little bounce back and forth, albeit very slight. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a tail gain adjustment but I wanted to make sure before I go jacking around with something that doesn't need playing with. Any suggestions?
shaun.evans09 is offline       
Old 05-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #462
zortness
Registered Users
 
Posts: 162
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Default

Got mine all assembled and ready for a flight... now if only the wind would go away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153359.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	508138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153406.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	508139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153419.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	508140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140510_153559.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	508141  
zortness is offline       
Old 05-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #463
dunkonu23
Registered Users
 
Posts: 12,915
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan, East of Hell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
Hey guys I want to make sure that I'm heading in the right direction with a small issue. I've noticed that in IU1 & 2 whenever I do a full rudder input the heli comes around fine and as it stops suddenly it snaps back and forth just a little. It's like a little bounce back and forth, albeit very slight. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a tail gain adjustment but I wanted to make sure before I go jacking around with something that doesn't need playing with. Any suggestions?
Mind you, I don't know IKon FBL systems, but it sounds to me like the stops are a tad too high. Stop are different from overall gain. Try lowering stops in small amounts and see what happens.

Scott
__________________
Team Compass USA--Team Pilot
Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>
http://www.experiencerc.com : Making Helicopters Great Again!

dunkonu23 is online now       
Old 05-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #464
dunkonu23
Registered Users
 
Posts: 12,915
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan, East of Hell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
Got mine all assembled and ready for a flight... now if only the wind would go away.
Outstanding looking helicopter, Zortness! Congratulations! It's really windy here, too. Beautiful day otherwise. We can't wait to hear about your maiden flight!

Scott
__________________
Team Compass USA--Team Pilot
Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>
http://www.experiencerc.com : Making Helicopters Great Again!

dunkonu23 is online now       
Old 05-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #465
shaun.evans09
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Mind you, I don't know IKon FBL systems, but it sounds to me like the stops are a tad too high. Stop are different from overall gain. Try lowering stops in small amounts and see what happens.

Scott
Actually that's what I've come to while doing some reading. In the Ikon I believe it is referred to as tail asymmetry and includes the stop ratios so I'll play with those and see if I can't get it ironed out. It's only present on hard piro's under full deflection and it's a slight return bounce, like it's hunting a bit. I'll hook up the Ikon later on and take a look at the settings.
shaun.evans09 is offline       
Old 05-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #466
shaun.evans09
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Default

I posted this elsewhere already but I'm so excited I'll post it here too. I've been busy building my G700C and haven't put a lot of flights on the Rush in the past week but I was able to iron out the issue I was having with the tail bouncing back a bit. After adjusting the D & I gains and tail assymetry advanced settings in the Ikon a bit it stops perfectly now during all flight modes. The slight "hunting" or bounce back I had when stopping on hard piros is a thing of the past. It's sharp and crisp now on the stops so thanks everyone for getting me pointed in the right direction.
shaun.evans09 is offline       
Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #467
dunkonu23
Registered Users
 
Posts: 12,915
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan, East of Hell
Default

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

Scott
__________________
Team Compass USA--Team Pilot
Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>
http://www.experiencerc.com : Making Helicopters Great Again!

dunkonu23 is online now       
Old 06-06-2014, 03:08 AM   #468
doujoh
Registered Users
 
Posts: 197
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sweden
Default Sv: Rush 750 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
Got mine all assembled and ready for a flight... now if only the wind would go away.
It's hard to see in the pictures, but it looks like the motor cables are a bit exposed to the top carbon fiber plate. I would put some velcro or fuel tubing on the edges of the top plate so the wires don't wear out.
__________________
|Goblins|Vcontrol|Vbars|
doujoh is offline       
Old 06-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #469
zortness
Registered Users
 
Posts: 162
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Default

The edges of the carbon are sanded smooth, so there's not much danger of the wires being damaged. I do have them velcro'd down at the moment though.
zortness is offline       
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #470
DaveHolland
Registered Users
 
Posts: 4,506
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
Actually that's what I've come to while doing some reading. In the Ikon I believe it is referred to as tail asymmetry and includes the stop ratios so I'll play with those and see if I can't get it ironed out. It's only present on hard piro's under full deflection and it's a slight return bounce, like it's hunting a bit. I'll hook up the Ikon later on and take a look at the settings.
I just recently bought an Ikon to get familiar with the system since its so popular. The value you are looking for is D Gain or Derivative Gain in the Advanced options. Here is also a link to all the advanced info on the Ikon and how to adjust for a clean tail.

http://67.228.244.248/showthread.php?t=443625
__________________

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline       
Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #471
wbefield
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,960
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
I just recently bought an Ikon to get familiar with the system since its so popular. The value you are looking for is D Gain or Derivative Gain in the Advanced options. Here is also a link to all the advanced info on the Ikon and how to adjust for a clean tail.

http://67.228.244.248/showthread.php?t=443625
Excellent thread on getting the tail dialed in on the Brain/Ikon. My tail barks a little bit on counterclockwise piro stops, but it doesn't bounce. I need to dial the bark out, but it is flying so good, I didn't want to mess with it.
__________________
William
Synergy N5C, 130x, Mini Protos 6s
wbefield is offline       
Old 06-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #472
shaun.evans09
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
I just recently bought an Ikon to get familiar with the system since its so popular. The value you are looking for is D Gain or Derivative Gain in the Advanced options. Here is also a link to all the advanced info on the Ikon and how to adjust for a clean tail.

http://67.228.244.248/showthread.php?t=443625
Thank you for the info. I forgot to update this thread, but I've already gotten the issue worked out. I don't have any issues with the tail authority now. Mine also had a little bark on piro's which I got ironed out. It took some minor corrections with the D & I gains and the tail asymmetry to get everything the way I want it to be.
shaun.evans09 is offline       
Old 06-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #473
DaveHolland
Registered Users
 
Posts: 4,506
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Default

Seems to be a major issue with the Ikon. I have some wiggly / barking / loose, tail issues with my Goblin 500 and Ikon combo. Its just a different mindset coming from the SK540. Leading class for tail gyro but you have to set up the cyclic, Ikon is the opposite, cyclic was good but tail needed work.
__________________

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline       
Closed Thread




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright © 2004-2016 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The HeliFreak.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.