Post only facts on the News thread and any opinions HERE - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post only facts on the News thread and any opinions HERE

Ok so this is an attempt from keeping the News thread clean. Thanks to myxiplx for the idea.

As everyone knows the Nation has a "News" thread to post anything that anyone can count as news to the hobby so that the RCHN hosts can talk about them on the show.

They have repeatedly stated how helpful it is, so let's try to keep it just for the plain facts. Any opinions, even if just one post, should go here.

So battle it out about anything that comes out on the News thread here.

I will ask for the News thread and this thread to be promoted to Stickies to be always available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OMG

IMHO
Old 09-10-2016, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post only facts on the News thread and any opinions HERE

imho too
etherbatxx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking of a more informal title myself, something like "News Discussion thread". Let's keep things friendly :-)
And now a Lynx Team Pilot :-D
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I thought about that. But I wanted to place it as a sticky and to be kind of the "rules" for the news thread. Wanted to make it clear to everyone to have a one liner that was kind of a "README" for the forum. Basically the only point worth making clear to everyone to try to avoid posting anything other than news on the News thread and to have a place to vent and make it very clear. So the goal was to have a one liner on the subject of a thread that clearly stated the expectations. Don't want to make it like super formal just clear to anyone, it is all in everyone's benefit as the guys can just scan to the news thread and comment it on the show. If they want they can take a look at the opinions or just comment their point of view on the news thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
I was thinking of a more informal title myself, something like "News Discussion thread". Let's keep things friendly :-)
Old 09-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Airetic

Who made this a sticky?
Old 09-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Airetic

Oh. I didn't realize you were HF admin.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked for it and got it promoted to sticky. Asked one of the mods/admins. I am not one. That is why I said I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
Oh. I didn't realize you were HF admin.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My opinion on the news thread is that i don't have an opinion on the news thread
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think this needs to be stickied. If people feel strongly enough about giving their opinions on a given news topic, then start a new thread on that topic. Frankly, as long as the news thread is relatively clean, it's all good in my mind...just no significant tangents.
Justin Pucci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

After someone suggested it thought it would be a great idea. Every so often we have new people come into the Nation and consequently into this forum. Of us that have been for a while it is tribal knowledge how things work. And that the News thread is for helping you guys so it is easier to parse through it clean. Even me who has been for a while has commented and polluted the thread. So a sticky was to make the post subject clear enough for someone to come in and know how to make better use of it. Kind of like a "readme" very clear expectation for old and new users alike. Plus it gives a space to vent out or as you said open up a new thread. But mostly it was for the evident expectation. I know it's not meant to be super strict or to make a bunch of rules just a clear explanation in everyone's interest since we all enjoy you guys commenting on the News that everyone contributes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Pucci View Post
I don't think this needs to be stickied. If people feel strongly enough about giving their opinions on a given news topic, then start a new thread on that topic. Frankly, as long as the news thread is relatively clean, it's all good in my mind...just no significant tangents.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Of us that have been for a while it is tribal knowledge how things work.
Interesting.

One might theorize that this could be a subconscious attempt to make a play for insider status by asserting a form of authority. But I wouldn't go there because it could be considered rude.

Just messing with you. It does seem a little over the top, but I suspect you're just a really big fan. I love me some Pucci too, it's all good. Heck I'm probably guilty of the same - enthusiasm and energy are good problems to have.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Interesting.

One might theorize that this could be a subconscious attempt to make a play for insider status by asserting a form of authority. But I wouldn't go there because it could be considered rude.

Just messing with you. It does seem a little over the top, but I suspect you're just a really big fan. I love me some Pucci too, it's all good. Heck I'm probably guilty of the same - enthusiasm and energy are good problems to have.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post

I'd be curious as to whether this is a complete rewrite and is no longer compatible with 7.5. For all of us who own 6.5, 7, or 7.5, what is the incentive to buy it? They created a new USB Interlink interface that seems more like their Tactic transmitters than the original Interlink which I think was supposed to be like a Futaba controller.

On a similar note, anybody know whether RealFlight Drone is just a subset of RealFlight 7.5 or whether it's got models/fields/features that you can't get in 7.5?

(And yes, I sent an email to the support email address at RealFlight. We'll see what they say...)

EDIT: Here's a review over at RCGroups about it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2750018

looks like it is a completely new product from the ground up.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing I would worry about is if now I need to upgrade my computer to run it if a complete rewrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I'd be curious as to whether this is a complete rewrite and is no longer compatible with 7.5. For all of us who own 6.5, 7, or 7.5, what is the incentive to buy it? They created a new USB Interlink interface that seems more like their Tactic transmitters than the original Interlink which I think was supposed to be like a Futaba controller.

On a similar note, anybody know whether RealFlight Drone is just a subset of RealFlight 7.5 or whether it's got models/fields/features that you can't get in 7.5?

(And yes, I sent an email to the support email address at RealFlight. We'll see what they say...)

EDIT: Here's a review over at RCGroups about it

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2750018

looks like it is a completely new product from the ground up.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope they still have upgrade prices. Whether they call it a new version or not, it's fundamentally still an update.

I'm curious whether there are any benefits for heli pilots.
And now a Lynx Team Pilot :-D
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Whether they call it a new version or not, it's fundamentally still an update.
If you used the word upgrade, I would agree.
HeliYaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I heard back from Great Planes.

"RF-X is a redeveloped version of RealFlight using a new engine for graphics. It is a more demanding version of RealFlight please check system requirements."

and also

"RF-X will work with the Interlink Plus and Interlink Elite controller."

So there's that.

and then to my RF Drones question:

"the only way to get the Drone aircrafts is to purchase RealFlight Drone with the Interlink. The software is not sold separately."
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the follow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I heard back from Great Planes.

"RF-X is a redeveloped version of RealFlight using a new engine for graphics. It is a more demanding version of RealFlight please check system requirements."

and also

"RF-X will work with the Interlink Plus and Interlink Elite controller."

So there's that.

and then to my RF Drones question:

"the only way to get the Drone aircrafts is to purchase RealFlight Drone with the Interlink. The software is not sold separately."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.