Post only facts on the News thread and any opinions HERE - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another goblin 700.

They have the:
700 OG
700 Competition
700 KSE
700 Black Thunder
700 Black Nitro
700 Speed
700 Speed Comp
700 Comet
700 Urukay
700 Urukay Graber

Edit:
700 Competiton Carbon
700 Urukay Carbon

Am I missing any?

That's a lot of helis......
I think Saje was onto something

Last edited by BuildFlyCrashRepeat; 10-19-2016 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Added more
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 12:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

10 700 helis in 4 years, granted some of them are basically rehashes of others. There are stalwarts in this hobby that haven't released that many different helicopters, let alone 700s.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2016, 02:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildFlyCrashRepeat View Post
Another goblin 700.

They have the:
700 OG
700 Competition
700 KSE
700 Black Thunder
700 Black Nitro
700 Speed
700 Speed Comp
700 Comet
700 Urukay
700 Urukay Graber

Am I missing any?

That's a lot of helis......
I think Saje was onto something
700 Urukay Carbon should be out soon.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is that just a carbon fuse? I would not count it as another model. The Comp and "normal" and KSE are actual revisions of the original 700, but the Urukay would be like the 380 Carbon which I don't really consider as SAB having another 380 model. Am I correct? Is it the same heli just a different fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgerry View Post
Old 10-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just saw your signature and it turns out you have EXACTLY the dream fleet I would like to have. A 570, a 500, a 380 (actually you have two), a 420 (I assume you have a pre-order in already) and an Oxy 3!

Quote:
Old 10-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I just saw your signature and it turns out you have EXACTLY the dream fleet I would like to have. A 570, a 500, a 380 (actually you have two), a 420 (I assume you have a pre-order in already) and an Oxy 3!
Still on the fence about the 420, May wait to hear owners reports. Still have a nerd-on for having my future 700 match a smaller heli thou. Lol!

The Oxy 3 is up for sale, I haven't flown it much over the last 6 months. Some of it is wrenching on smaller models- the majority is my BSN program, keeps me incredibly busy. I snuck out with the 500 and 2 380's last weekend, 9 flights. 3-4 were tuning the Chinese scale flyer 380 and the yellow 380 (Brain 2 +Jeti integration FTW!!), rest were abusing the rail blades and the G380. The 500 USA will be turned into a tri blade, and the 570 is just a shell- no electronics yet. Bought it during that amazing gonitro sale and put it together one morning when I was up at 3am. No one wants to study pharmacology at 3 am.....
Old 10-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again this is just from what I have read from other experiences but tri-blade is something for very specific applications. It increases the lift, decreases the disc load but increases complexity and crash costs. The best I have heard to improve the performance of the 500 is to use Rail 516 blades to be honest.

So you are planning a 700 Black Thunder then eventually? Seems to me like you are as big a fan of Goblin as I am and moving through my dream fleet so I will be looking for your comments and experiences

Another thing you could do is just move the 500 electronics to the 570 to try it out. You may like it more than the 500 and forget about the tri-blade and fly the 570 instead. Everyone talks wonders about that heli.

One thing for sure it seems like it will get interesting on your journey!

Quote:
Still on the fence about the 420, May wait to hear owners reports. Still have a nerd-on for having my future 700 match a smaller heli thou. Lol!

The Oxy 3 is up for sale, I haven't flown it much over the last 6 months. Some of it is wrenching on smaller models- the majority is my BSN program, keeps me incredibly busy. I snuck out with the 500 and 2 380's last weekend, 9 flights. 3-4 were tuning the Chinese scale flyer 380 and the yellow 380 (Brain 2 +Jeti integration FTW!!), rest were abusing the rail blades and the G380. The 500 USA will be turned into a tri blade, and the 570 is just a shell- no electronics yet. Bought it during that amazing gonitro sale and put it together one morning when I was up at 3am. No one wants to study pharmacology at 3 am.....
Old 10-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Again this is just from what I have read from other experiences but tri-blade is something for very specific applications. It increases the lift, decreases the disc load but increases complexity and crash costs. The best I have heard to improve the performance of the 500 is to use Rail 516 blades to be honest.

So you are planning a 700 Black Thunder then eventually? Seems to me like you are as big a fan of Goblin as I am and moving through my dream fleet so I will be looking for your comments and experiences

Another thing you could do is just move the 500 electronics to the 570 to try it out. You may like it more than the 500 and forget about the tri-blade and fly the 570 instead. Everyone talks wonders about that heli.

One thing for sure it seems like it will get interesting on your journey!
The tri 500 is not a performance thing- its an "i want to try it" thing!

The 500 electronics wont go to the 570, the servos are too small- plus then i couldnt fly the 500!! Ideally i will have a fleet that i can pick and choose which helis i feel like flying that day.

Plan is for a BT 650 -> 700 stretch. That way i have the 650 parts to play with, and the yellow will match my planned 420. I think thats cool personally. the 700 will be my BSN graduation present, next december.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just saw the new Gaui tools. Swash leveling to me is somewhat irrelevant with the Soko Heli Tool but nothing wrong mixing older methods with newer tools.

Glad to see they did the link tool though. I had one of the century ones but it broke. It was nice that when you needed to just redo one link or you had one survive a crash in good condition to use it to quickly set the replacement to the same lengths and know they match. This saved me some time after crashes and I just had to recheck my setup to make sure everything was still where I wanted it.
ben_beyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not understanding the new again tools except for the link maker thing. Which seems over priced anyway.

The swash leveler tools are pointless. With either the Soko, some knowledge of the soko set up and a regular digital or manual pitch gauge or a zip tie for that matter, you can do the same thing.

Points for trying but fail for what they released.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do everything with a pitch gauge, calipers and a standard swash leveler.
I use a blade cut to about three inches long and can do a FBL head setup in just a few minutes and my blade tracking is always spot on. It doesn't matter if the table is level either because I turn the head 90 degrees and zero the gauge prior to measurements.
I'm not sure why more gadgetry would make it better.
HeliYaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by HeliYaw; 01-01-2017 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: double post
HeliYaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 02:22 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the link measuring tool is interesting, but my god it's expensive.

The swash levelling tool does look nice, but zip ties are still hard to beat for simplicity and convenience :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Yeah, the link measuring tool is interesting, but my god it's expensive.

The swash levelling tool does look nice, but zip ties are still hard to beat for simplicity and convenience :-)

I had to use zip tie on my protos 380 for first time and would much prefer a swash level like I used on my 450. I may just break down and get a soko that works on all heli. The zip tie method isn't rigid enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup

I use the SOKO Heli tool. I will take it over everything else I have tried.
RCHN Citizan #517 I FLY FORZA 700 FORZA 450 GOBLIN 500 TREX 600DFC PRO and a RAPTOR 30 V1 CONVERTED TO ELECTRIC and various smaller birds micros
Jerry1067 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I had to use zip tie on my protos 380 for first time and would much prefer a swash level like I used on my 450. I may just break down and get a soko that works on all heli. The zip tie method isn't rigid enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But once the zip tie is on you never touch it, just rotate the mainshaft. It's good to a tiny, tiny fraction of a mm, certainly less than half a turn on a pushrod, and accurate enough even if you use turnbuckles.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Either get a Soko or use your own pitch gauge after watching the Soko set up video. Works perfect. I don't own a Soko but use the method.

Ziptie isn't good enough IMO. I tried a couple times but I didn't like it. Also doesn't account for a bent swashplate.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you point to that video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
Either get a Soko or use your own pitch gauge after watching the Soko set up video. Works perfect. I don't own a Soko but use the method.

Ziptie isn't good enough IMO. I tried a couple times but I didn't like it. Also doesn't account for a bent swashplate.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Can you point to that video?
Go to YouTube. Type "soko heli tool".
Old 01-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new Align looks ugly AF
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.