Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
rcinxs
Registered Users

Default New heli guy from south jersey

Hey everyone, I am an avid fixed wing r/c flyer, mostly 35 to 40% gassers, recently got into heli's with a blade 450 3D. Still learning to hover and moving around. Been using real flight to practice but found out that the real world is a lot different than a simulator. Sim is all set up and a perfect world, No problem on sim, hover, flips, fly all around, get mine out and its nothing like that, I think its because there's no reset button on mine. Anyhow, I picked up a blade 500x that was a good deal and its giving me grief. It has a AR7200 fbl receiver / gyro and fbl head naturally. I bought it used as bind and fly but that's not working to well. I was wondering if there is anyone in south jersey I could get together with that can help me with some issues I'm having with it? Thanks All.
rcinxs is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Wargamer
Registered Users

Welcome to HF -

Hopefully someone from your area will reach out. In the meantime, what transmitter are you using, and did you buy it separately or along with the 500x? Have you been through the 7200bx set-up routine using manual and maybe a video? Also, maybe describe a little more the symptoms she's having.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
rcinxs
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
Welcome to HF -

Hopefully someone from your area will reach out. In the meantime, what transmitter are you using, and did you buy it separately or along with the 500x? Have you been through the 7200bx set-up routine using manual and maybe a video? Also, maybe describe a little more the symptoms she's having.
Bought heli used as bind an fly from a guy on here, so I figured the AR7200bx was set up already, using my own DX8 transmitter, have everything working in proper direction but when I give it a stick input such as elevator, the swash plate moves quickly forward fine but comes back to center very slow as do all other inputs . also when I try to lift off ,the whole heli is drifting left and forward a bit before the gear even gets off the ground, swash seems to be level at center, but I noticed it looks like when it moves up the pitch servos is moving a little ahead of the others ??
Old 01-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
rcinxs
Registered Users

Have not gone threw the AR7200 as I said , I got it from a guy on here as bind and fly so I assume he had it set up, I'm using my own DX8 radio, everything working in correct directions and what not, but when I try to lift off , before its airborne, its skidding to the right and pitching forward at the same time. Swash is level at center stick but looks as if the pitch servo is moving up quicker then the elv. or ail. servo when advancing the throttle.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
rcinxs
Registered Users

OOPS, Sorry, double post
Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #6
Wargamer
Registered Users

No worries...your posts will be delayed for moderator review until the mods decide you are a real person and not a spam bot. It's a little inconvenient for your first week or two on the forum, but it prevents a lot of grief in the long run. Just keep posting, and eventually your account will be "cleared".

On the helis...

Is your 450 3D the original flybar version, or has it been converted to FBL? The reason I ask is that you will probably find it easier not to try learning on both a FB and a FBL heli at the same time. The set-up and flight characteristics are enough different that it will be annoying for you. Since I know the 500x is FBL, let's stick with that.

First lesson with helis is that there's really no such thing as BNF when buying used. You should always go through a complete mechanical and electronic set-up as if you were building from scratch. Experienced heli guys always do that, so "BNF" in the classified ads has become shorthand for "all electronics included".

The most complicated thing about a FBL heli is the FBL unit itself. My suggestion would be to download the 7200bx manual, print it out, then find a set-up video on youtube, and watch the video with the manual in hand. Some sources...The second one shows the 450X, but the 500X should be pretty similar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfp...6XQ_jkwFUw-1QE
AR7200BX Set-up with Blade 450X

The main thing is to go through all the 7200 set-up steps in the correct sequence. That will involve a combination of setting parameters in your Tx, setting parameters in the 7200, and tweaking the mechanical set-up of your head and tail. Don't try to fly the 500 again until you've gone completely through the set-up. When you have specific questions, feel free to post them. The BeastX forum is probably the best place for a quick response: BeastX Forum

Something else to keep in mind is that the FBL is a real brain between your Tx and the servos, so don't expect the servos to respond to stick input in the same linear (mindless) way that servos do in your fixed wings.

That should get you started!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #7
rcinxs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
No worries...your posts will be delayed for moderator review until the mods decide you are a real person and not a spam bot. It's a little inconvenient for your first week or two on the forum, but it prevents a lot of grief in the long run. Just keep posting, and eventually your account will be "cleared".

On the helis...

Is your 450 3D the original flybar version, or has it been converted to FBL? The reason I ask is that you will probably find it easier not to try learning on both a FB and a FBL heli at the same time. The set-up and flight characteristics are enough different that it will be annoying for you. Since I know the 500x is FBL, let's stick with that.

First lesson with helis is that there's really no such thing as BNF when buying used. You should always go through a complete mechanical and electronic set-up as if you were building from scratch. Experienced heli guys always do that, so "BNF" in the classified ads has become shorthand for "all electronics included".

The most complicated thing about a FBL heli is the FBL unit itself. My suggestion would be to download the 7200bx manual, print it out, then find a set-up video on youtube, and watch the video with the manual in hand. Some sources...The second one shows the 450X, but the 500X should be pretty similar.
RC-Help AR7200BX Videos
AR7200BX Set-up with Blade 450X

The main thing is to go through all the 7200 set-up steps in the correct sequence. That will involve a combination of setting parameters in your Tx, setting parameters in the 7200, and tweaking the mechanical set-up of your head and tail. Don't try to fly the 500 again until you've gone completely through the set-up. When you have specific questions, feel free to post them. The BeastX forum is probably the best place for a quick response: BeastX Forum

Something else to keep in mind is that the FBL is a real brain between your Tx and the servos, so don't expect the servos to respond to stick input in the same linear (mindless) way that servos do in your fixed wings.

That should get you started!
I messed with it yesterday, the 7200 is set up correctly. I added a few clicks of sub trim to elv. & Ail. and it seems to have cured it, lifted off and hovered pretty good. Thanks for your help and input. One more question, will them stupid puzzle things go away also after they see I'm a real person and not a spammer ?
Old 01-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #8
Wargamer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcinxs View Post
One more question, will them stupid puzzle things go away also after they see I'm a real person and not a spammer ?
Yes, the captcha goes away as well as the delay in post time.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #9
Flying Foot Doc
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome & best of luck in this new part of the hobby for you. I came to helis after many years of fixed wing. I fly mostly the same AR7200BX you are using. As to "the 7200 is set up correctly. I added a few clicks of sub trim to elv. & Ail." that make me think that your levels and centering are a bit out of place. The centering really should be done with pitch gauges and / or a swash leveler. That will let you leave the subtrims netural. As it flies are the blades tracking evenly too?