Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 470 Class Electric Helicopters

Old 01-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
BgSkyFlyr
Registered Users

Default Tail neutral setup/ Ikon help please

Hi, I was wanting to know how people are setting up there tail with the Ikon. Do I set the servo to 90* with the tail blades at 0 pitch, and the Ikon adjusts automatically for head speed torque and applies the needed pitch? The instructions show 4mm pitch( bottom of page 23) but that is with the Beast, but maybe I am not understanding this correctly, not alot of info in the manual. Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Number
Registered Users

I always do 0 deg at neutral servo. The gyro is supposed to do all the work.

The only exception that I know of is BeastX which is based on older tail gyro systems and does in fact seem to perform better with a slightly angled tail blades at neutral servo. So does 3GX, Robird, and all flybar heli, tail-only gyros.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
Andy from Sandy
Registered Users

After doing all the mechanical stuff what I do with v-bar is see what the limits are and then if they are different by enough I will alter the rod length to equalise them. I don't actually check for 0 pitch.
Andy from Sandy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
BgSkyFlyr
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the replys. So am I understanding correctly to say that if I set the blades to 0* with 90* servo arm and my limits are different in either direction setting them equal with the blades no longer being at 0* at neutral, this will also be ok as the fbl will correct? Sorry if I seem repetitive I just want to make sure I am understanding this. Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #5
Number
Registered Users

Yes. Once you get 0deg tail and 90deg servo, use the endpoints in the tail menu to get full travel of the servo in both directions. If you are having a hard time getting perfectly 90 on the servo, go into the servo section of the advanced menu and adjust the tail servo (servo 4) center (my screen is showing 0 because it's in demo mode, in real life it will be somewhere between 1400 and 1600).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	688177  
Number is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
BgSkyFlyr
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Yes. Once you get 0deg tail and 90deg servo, use the endpoints in the tail menu to get full travel of the servo in both directions. If you are having a hard time getting perfectly 90 on the servo, go into the servo section of the advanced menu and adjust the tail servo (servo 4) center (my screen is showing 0 because it's in demo mode, in real life it will be somewhere between 1400 and 1600).
Great got it, Thanks Number!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:19 AM   #7
bad007
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgSkyFlyr View Post
Thanks guys for the replys. So am I understanding correctly to say that if I set the blades to 0* with 90* servo arm and my limits are different in either direction setting them equal with the blades no longer being at 0* at neutral, this will also be ok as the fbl will correct? Sorry if I seem repetitive I just want to make sure I am understanding this. Thanks
is good.