Greetings from NZ - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Greetings from NZ

Its taken along time but I've finally started on the mission of learning to fly an rc heli
I've only been at it for about 3 weeks but I'm already hooked on the challenge but I've also quickly realised that it's gonna be hard.....don't get me wrong I knew that it was gonna be difficult but I didn't think it was gonna be balancing 2 eggs on spoons whilst doing a handstand whilst taking a physics test sort of hard

My starting kit consists of a Blade 230s and neXt heli sim,I got the rx2sim wireless contraption with that but don't have a spare receiver yet so I've just started with the dxe that came with 230,a program called smartpropoplus and a cord
I'm going to carry on with this set up for a short while and then will upgrade the Tx and carry on

As it's going to take me the next 2 years to get thru reading all there is on this site I'm after a cpl of recommended readings for the novice on starting out and the basics of set up The 2-3 that you guys think are the most helpfull would be a good start
I'd like to be able to start to get a basic knowledge of set up and tuning so that I can set up the helis in the sim to be a bit less chaotic

I think I'll be spending a heap of time here so hope to learn heaps and slowly get where I want to be

Thanks in advance and a happy new year to all
nz420 is offline        Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the hobby. I don't know whether these guys are anywhere near you, but they are very friendly and helpful. Hobby Hangar

Some sims allow you to slow time; not sure whether neXt will do that for you. The other standard adjustment is to reduce DR from 100 to something lower, and increase expo from 0 to something higher. You might start by trying 50/50 for example - that will tone it down quite a bit.

Something else you can try for working on hover orientations is a Blade Nano QX. (The original version is better than the newer "3D".) This is a quad copter, not a heli. It's easier to fly, won't take damage when you crash (the 230s definitely will) and you can learn a lot from it.

Also check out Archmage's Tutorial for a structured approach to your training. This will help a lot if you stick to it!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Wargamer

Funnily enough I've just received an order from those fellas ....new tail rotors,main rotors and a cord so I can update the rx just waiting on main gears

Cheers for those settings,gives me somewhere to start ....I'm on the sim 10-15min 2-3 times a day at the moment and once Jnr is back at school I'll be into those lessons and will start the reading up.Then a decent Tx (thinking dx7 ) so I can really confuse myself

I got a Syma quad from the mother in law for Xmas and managed to get pretty good with that in just a cpl days....that's what made me sort my
out and get motivated with the heli....quad was easy so I figured the heli couldn't be much harder
nz420 is offline        Reply With Quote