Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 01-12-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
toadiscoil
Registered Users

Default Real life encounter with a fellow Helifreaker !

Today was a good day. I got to meet JonJet in person. Not only did we share some time earlier this week on my trip to Fargo, ND but I got to meet with him today for the second time this week.

I was not able to just share some wonderful time talking heli but I got to visit Cybertronic Hobby and let me tell you that was impressive! So many helis and the amount of work and love into each and everyone of them was overwhelming. Jon really knows his stuff and the quality of his helis shows it. I was close to leaving with a 130 or a 180 of his upgraded helis with me but resisted the urge.

Really nice time, Jon is a good example of the great people I have met in the hobby which make it the greatness that it is. Really as the guys from FreeFall RC Podcast said, this hobby has the best people of all hobbies.

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #2
Brute71
Registered Users

Theres a couple more helifreakers and fields in the area, just a note for the next time!

Team Pilot Hobbyboost.com
Brute71 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #3
BrokeDad
Registered Users

You coulda bought me one of his. You know I'm worth it and my birthday is only 12 days away.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:54 AM   #4
JonJet
Registered Users

It was a great time Toad...I sure enjoyed both meetings...

And You will have to forgive My feeble attempt at pronouncing Your first name...My tongue just doesn't twist that way

Looking forward to the next time...hopefully You can drive rather than fly and we can fly at VRCF Field...about a 20 minute drive from My place

By then Your fleet should be complete with additions of the 130X - 130S - 180CFX and Goblin 500 Sport...and maybe even the 270CFX !
Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
Dylan Hudock
Registered Users

You should make the trip up in the summer! There's quite a few good fun flies up here!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #6
newbheliusr
Registered Users

I met my best friend right here on HF way back in 2012 I think it was. I don't have a lot of friends, but he's a great dude, and we love to fly helicopters. Plus, he's a lot smarter than I am. It's always good to have smart friends.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Diogenes
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
I met my best friend right here on HF way back in 2012 I think it was. I don't have a lot of friends, but he's a great dude, and we love to fly helicopters. Plus, he's a lot smarter than I am. It's always good to have smart friends.
I'd like to find a couple here in the League City area that I could hang with off and on. Met bmc76 several years back, I'd bought an x2 and at the timr realized I was in far over my head in terms of kit helis (not so much now, thank goodness). Alas, he lives on the polar opposite of Houston so havent looked him up since
/ 130x, 180cfx, 300x, X3, x3L, X4-II, Protos 380, x5, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 500 stretch, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, DX18, 07 Harley Road King/04 Sportster, Traxxas Summit/X-Maxx, Vaterra 67 Mustang

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location

I met Doug Darby on HF back in 2007. I saw that he lived in the next town down from me, so I shot him a PM to introduce myself and tell him about the flying field I had discovered. We've been flying there ever since. Lots of other people have come and gone in that time.

We're not as close as we once were because he's really expanded his network of flying friends while my introversion makes it difficult for me to make friends.
Graupner MZ-24 Pro

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #9
slogoat
Registered Users

I was lucky enough to meet, befriend, and fly with d12bn, and b. Ewing here on the forum. Ive also met jimmy77611. Along with those guys, quite a few other great locals, though I'm not sure they post here. All the guys I've met in this hobby have been awesome. What is it about rc helis that brings in such a great crowd?

slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #10
peteski
Registered Users

Nice one. I haven't met anyone from HF in person, due to time and distance, but sure have made some good online friends including yourself Toad and a few others. JonJet seems like a great guy too from his postings

DX8, BeastX, Heli-X, neXt
peteski is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
Djentangle
Registered Users

Nice Toadiscoil, I hope to be able to meet up with you one day too. Maybe burn through some packs together. Thanks for the shout out quote. ☺️
Djentangle is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #12
Boinker
Registered Users

I remember when I met up with Mqowen one day.

Awesome guy, met him here and was invited to his home field. He and his fellow flyers at Norman Corcs are first class people. For certain . :-)
Boinker is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #13
HateTheDrake
Registered Users

That's awesome toad! I've been wondering how many other HF's are in the area, though have not hit up any clubs yet.

@Diogenes: yeah, I'll need to make some time to meet up at those fields we pm'ed about. Hopefully when I'm past the 'embarrassing newb' stage.
HateTheDrake is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #14
KiloXray
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateTheDrake View Post
That's awesome toad! I've been wondering how many other HF's are in the area, though have not hit up any clubs yet.

@Diogenes: yeah, I'll need to make some time to meet up at those fields we pm'ed about. Hopefully when I'm past the 'embarrassing newb' stage.
Check the map. Have a pin added.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=747502

RCHN Citizen № 268
KiloXray is online now        Reply With Quote