Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ic-racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2021, 04:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New (Old?) 450 kits to buy

Hi all, after a big hiatus from the hobby I'm looking to dip my toes back in again. I'd like to find a 450 size heli to build as I have a good set of servos, blades, 3S motors / ESC that would suit.

However it seems to be that align are now making the trex 470, and other companies have followed suit at least with the longer blades and 6S power systems.

What kits are available to buy with enough parts that I can use a 3S 450 size power system for?
Kozzy_98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2021, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Align Trex 450 is really a 300-size heli - it uses blades that are 325mm.
When it is placed next to a heli that uses the blade size as the model name (Like the Goblin 380), the size difference it apparent.

Align has been doing this for all their heli that are smaller than 550 and still does it today.

If you want to stick with the 300-size heli (like the Trex 450 really is), then take a look at the Blade series at Horizon.
But, in general, everything has moved to 6S because the higher voltage gives more power and allows for cells that do not have high discharge rates.

If you want a Trex 450 clone, there are still a few out there. You just need to search a little
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016_03_26-13_18_41-RC_Helicopters-Goblin_380-Trex_450_Pro-Side-by-Side.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	926277  
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oxy 4 replaced my Trex 450L. They both fly the same 360mm blades. In fact I swapped the ESC and motor and batteries form the 450L to the Oxy 4. You can setup the Oxy 4 with 3, 4, 5 or 6 cell, as you wish.
RyanRT likes this.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're set on a heli in the Trex 450 size there are a number of kits you can buy - Tarot makes a good one as does Gartt (JCZK).

If you look for their combo kits you'll pick up a good, basic heli. Not big dollars, lots of fun building it and more flying it....before repairing it....then flying it.....

Sent from my P20HD_EEA using Tapatalk
zaphod69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2021, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Damn shame there aren't any 450 SE V2 kits anymore.

Seems like a lot of the newer 300 size helis will also take 325mm blades; Gaui X3 seems to be a good idea too, that way I can use most of my old blades and power systems. With the amount of clone 450 parts I have lying around it might be worth trying to have one last crack on that front, but the lack of available spares make me think it's not a good idea once I crash haha.

Cheers for the advice
Kozzy_98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2021, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy_98 View Post
Damn shame there aren't any 450 SE V2 kits anymore.
I know where you can get just the frame(pod) part with all mounts, no electronics, no head, no landing gear, no boom, no tail for about $35, an actual Align 450 SE V2 frame.

I also want to check out RC Aerodynes Chaos 450 for $125 on scaleflying.com. It's based on the 325mm 3s 450's so it should work with your stuff. Have any of you out there tried this heli?
Lymangood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
Oxy 4 replaced my Trex 450L. They both fly the same 360mm blades. In fact I swapped the ESC and motor and batteries form the 450L to the Oxy 4. You can setup the Oxy 4 with 3, 4, 5 or 6 cell, as you wish.
Good to hear there are some good options for Oxy 4. I'm looking to get one from a local guy. Gonna take a look at it tomorrow after the tire mounting and alignment on my truck.
RyanRT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in