Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 04:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini titan e360

Hello, i have seen this heli in local hobby shop and am contemplating it as a next heli.
I presently am still learning, mainly flying in my garden with t-rex 150, 2x blade 230's, and blade msr in front room. I do have several others that need work/repairs or suitable batts inc blade 400, twister cpx, esky cp.
And ultimately a kyosho calibre 30 for when i'm ready.

I quite like the price point ~300, would set up with a futaba 10J, and ideally use 4s 2700mah batts that i already have.
Reckon it's a good idea?
Anyone still flying one or suggest an alternative?
Thanks
Phil
Fzr Phil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2021, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello - - -

I too have a Mini-Titan e324, purchased years ago; it has a head-hold gyro, and, I never could quite get the hang of flying either it or the T-Rex 500.

Contemplating putting a BeastX-Plus in it, and if it works will do the same thing with the 500.

By the way the mini-Titan is no longer made - - do you know where parts are available.

Regards,
Jim
KsWhirly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2021, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you got the E360 from your LHS now?

Afaik TT has stopped mini E325 as well as E360.
In their first announcement about stopped productions the E360 was still excluded but was later removed nevertheless.

The E550 and that one smaller E300 scale heli is their entry level.

You want / need a heli which still is actively supported by a vendor and not simply discontinued without any further announcement.

Most important E360 parts are sold out: https://shop.thundertiger.com/collec...ter_titan-e360

If something is quite cheap, there usually is a good reason.

No idea how TT is doing with the remaining heli line.
Here in Germany Graupner took over part sales as TT closed the European headquarter a while ago, what I heard.
Graupner Germany has closed its doors too.

Maybe get a Blade Fusion 360, Align 470lp/lm or Alzrc X360, Msh Protos 380 (XLPower took over MSH),...

I am not a big fan of lower tail gear ratios like Align is doing it in later models.

Your LHS won't be able to help you much on that E360 besides selling you the last artf box he got since being 3-4 years in stock, my opinion.

My LHS sold the last three E360 Bnf/Artf boxes which the owner was offered on a fair before all those TT restructurings happened and there still existed an Europe/German office (way before Graupner distribution was announcement) and helis were not discontinued.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 09-02-2021 at 05:53 AM..
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2021, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for replies and suggestions. I haven't taken the plunge yet.
Still a bit frustrated about it, and have received exactly the same advice from others re. Spares availability. If i get a chance to visit the shop and he offers a reasonable discount on the kit i could possibly be persuaded. Esp as i have suitable 4s packs but no 6s packs. Will give myself some more options with those other suggestions.
We'll see.
But thanks again for reply
Phil
Fzr Phil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2021, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Mini-Titan is a great flying little helicopter but, as someone pointed out above, is long out of production.

Parts are scarce for it.

One of the last things Thunder Tiger did for it was to manufacture and FBL head-made a good little machine fly even better.

Mine has not been out of its case for at least five years now (due to lack of available spares should the unthinkable happen).
Old 09-12-2021, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A crash usually results in

- bent spindle / feathering shaft (I heard Gaui X3 / Alzrc X360 spindle is thicker and not as weak material like my Blade 450)
- bent main shaft
- corrupted main gear
- broken main blades
- bent boom
- corrupted 1-2 tail gears (if not belt driven) at the back and maybe one in the front
- cyclic servo gears needing replacement
- maybe servo arms
- some linkages to head could be damaged possibly too
- on a bad crash onto concrete the B4503D tail shaft was bent once and at least one plastic thing while disassembling, maybe the plastic tail pitch slider too
(1-2 other times on a green field nothing happened to the tail)
- broken front left landing gear mounts on the plastic frame
(either you have carbon frame sides with a second bottom plate which breaks; some of these parts might be damaged then)

Sounds to me you're mainly interested in the E360 because of Arf and not wanting to assemble your own heli kit from scratch?! :-)

One simple crash and you're grounded.
No dealer discount can compensate this.
The LHS should have depreciated it by now for accounting purposes since a longer time.
I would fly it for $1-10 once :-)

Phil, it is not the question if you crash but when while you try to push your limits
You know how it usually is from your other helis...

Sometimes even the maiden flight goes horribly bad.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in