Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted2112 View Post
After much reading, debating, and balancing price vs performance, I just put in 4 KST DS215M servos. $29 bucks a pop and they seem excellent quality for that price. First flights with them this evening. Those particular servos will all run with the stock ESC switched to 6v.

Regarding the diode, I used one of the Align step downs that plugs in right in line with the rudder servo and ran the stock ESC at 6v with no issues on the stock servos. Here's a link:

http://www.helidirect.com/align-51v-...tor-p-7099.hdx

I'm going to run a dedicated BEC very soon when a new motor and ESC goes in, but that's probably overkill for this set-up.

I have 4 of those same servos on my 450 pro dfc, seem great so far. Do yourself a favor tho and unscrew the bottom of the servo and put a small piece of black tape along the bottom cover so you do not get any shorting internally. Havent crashed to see how well they hold up but i think there a great servo for the price.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive had a 450x for a while now and I keep running into vibes do to a ever so slightly bent main shaft every 3 to 5 flights or so. Everything is set up perfect. Im not doing any crazy flying or anything but I do punch outs and quick flips. Anyone else having this issue new out of the box? Im waiting on the lynx frame stiffener n lynx dampners maybe they will solve it.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracing515151 View Post
Ive had a 450x for a while now and I keep running into vibes do to a ever so slightly bent main shaft every 3 to 5 flights or so. Everything is set up perfect. Im not doing any crazy flying or anything but I do punch outs and quick flips. Anyone else having this issue new out of the box? Im waiting on the lynx frame stiffener n lynx dampners maybe they will solve it.
Hey there, its been a while! Are you saying that you KNOW the main shaft is "ever so slightly bent"? If so, I would think the best fix is to replace the main shaft. That is also a cheaper fix than dampeners and a frame stiffener.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im saying it develops the right death roll every 3 to 5 flights, I replace the shaft and 3 to 5 flights later its rolling again im 100 percent sure its only the main shaft and was wondering if this is a common problem out of the box.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #45 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Im saying it develops the right death roll every 3 to 5 flights, I replace the shaft and 3 to 5 flights later its rolling again im 100 percent sure its only the main shaft and was wondering if this is a common problem out of the box.
Interesting. If you are 100% sure, what exactly is bending the main shafts? Also, no, that is not a common problem at all.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a PM from Fox about the main shaft bending every five flights. I've never, never, ever heard or read that anywhere and I certainly haven't experienced it in my many hundreds of flights of 450X experience. I ain't buyin' it...

Fox, do you handle the heli like the Hulk would when he gets mad and you're accidentally crushing it?
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

if its not a common problem ill leave my issues out of this thread maybe post this later in the reg 450x thread. thanks tho.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
if its not a common problem ill leave my issues out of this thread maybe post this later in the reg 450x thread. thanks tho.
Seriously, if the main shaft is bent, even slightly, the entire heli would be shaking like a wet dog in a hover. It would be VERY visible that something was wrong and it would be constant instead of showing up only every 3-5 flights.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Are you sure that your head block isn't twisted/deformed?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Are you sure that your head block isn't twisted/deformed?
Excellent question. The bottom of the head block can very easily get twisted in a crash which will throw the head out of phase.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

This is what the twist can look like. This is a severe example though. It can be more subtle than this.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=544342
Old 03-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MANUAL ENTIRELY

The manual gets most of the info right in setting up your 450X. Unless you know what you're doing, it's a good idea to listen to the manual. For example, there are certain reverses you need to put in on the Spektrum transmitters.
THIS IS BIG:
DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR THROTTLE CURVE (at first)!
It says to put the idle up at 100% on all stick positions. THIS IS A HAZARD
When I got my 450x, I did not see good flight times at 80%. I now run this thing at 70% with more than enough power and get 4min (on aftermarket servos - stock battery)
I caution you about these high head speeds for a different reason though. They do NOT put thread locker on the head assembly. My first week of owning this, I had my blades fly off. I dont want to know the damage if I had the throttle at 100% let alone 70%.

In short, always put on threadlocker and make the heli run at something reasonable...
sgtdan707 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on the 100% throttle curve! That's insane!!! There's no need for that kind of headspeed. I run at flat 80% in IU2 and 70% in IU1. Just enough punch to get outta trouble and my batteries love me! Plus you get longer flight times...
Just my thought tho...
Old 03-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

100% flat across the board in idle-up 2 is perfectly fine. I ran this setup for years on electric helis, including the 450X, before finally switching to ESCs with governors. Does everyone need that power/headspeed? No, but it sure is a heck of a lot of fun for those who can handle it.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know it's fine but why? Harder on batteries and shorter flight times... That's all I'm saying.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
HF Support

I remember thinking the first time I spooled up an MCPX that it was just insane speed and now those things feel like they're in slow motion. So it's all relative and depends on how you intend to fly the model.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc247 View Post
I know it's fine but why? Harder on batteries and shorter flight times... That's all I'm saying.
I already said why. It's a lot of fun to have a fast, responsive heli...if one can handle it... Besides, with good batteries, I was still getting 5 min flight times before going governed and those were not "easy" flights.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

newb here.... does the mini vbar suffer from the same brown out issue as the beastX when not using the 6v servo setting on the ESC?
jeffro360 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #59 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Are there any "must do" things you should do with the 450x out of the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro360 View Post
newb here.... does the mini vbar suffer from the same brown out issue as the beastX when not using the 6v servo setting on the ESC?

No it shouldn't. Use DSMX so it will rebind faster in the event of brownout.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro360 View Post
I have a Mini Vbar on mine. The only time I had a brownout was due to a bad servo.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in