Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now i'm waiting to see what is out before I buy.
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think if they make a true 250 out of it they need to fix the main shaft setup, the tail grips, make straight blades instead of those crappy tapered ones, and go back to the regular FBL head or make the DFC strictly with plastic head links.

I could care less about anything smaller than that because either the servos in that size are questionable or I don't trust micros anymore. The 250 is already on the brink of disaster most of the time as it is (although if you pay attention to it they hold together well enough).
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworx View Post
I think if they make a true 250 out of it they need to fix the main shaft setup, the tail grips, make straight blades instead of those crappy tapered ones, and go back to the regular FBL head or make the DFC strictly with plastic head links.

I could care less about anything smaller than that because either the servos in that size are questionable or I don't trust micros anymore. The 250 is already on the brink of disaster most of the time as it is (although if you pay attention to it they hold together well enough).
The tail definitely needs help. I like the DFC head. The FBL head mixing arms are too small and sloppy. Besides at the headspeed the 250 runs DFC works great.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

250x wish list

Revised tail
New belt tail config
1 piece frame
Better, lighter servos
5* skids
Maybe ditch OWB on this small heli?
Old 12-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliLust View Post
250x wish list

Revised tail
New belt tail config
1 piece frame
Better, lighter servos
5* skids
Sorry iud like ti keep the owb. It comes in handy in emergencys. It saved my heli not long ago after stripping main gear mid flip.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Autoing on a 250 is tricky but doable. Since it has an undriven tail in autos you can't get very aerobatic with it which I would prefer, but you definitely are fighting the lack of weight as it is. That's why I think a true 250 would be better unless they gave us real blades to use on it as-is (maybe 210mm-215mm, etc... with full chord down the length of the blade). I fly the smack out of the plastic blades and they work a lot better than the carbons but at a cost of headspeed decay.

I do have to comment that longer, wider tail blades made a huge difference in mine in conjunction with the other tail fixes. The little batman style blades just don't get the job done where the 42mm (?) seem to do much better. I do hard reversals on mine so I push the tail pretty hard. Once you get it dialed in it's pretty sick what that little machine can do!
Old 12-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Autoing on a 250 is tricky but doable. Since it has an undriven tail in autos you can't get very aerobatic with it which I would prefer, but you definitely are fighting the lack of weight as it is. That's why I think a true 250 would be better unless they gave us real blades to use on it as-is (maybe 210mm-215mm, etc... with full chord down the length of the blade). I fly the smack out of the plastic blades and they work a lot better than the carbons but at a cost of headspeed decay.

I do have to comment that longer, wider tail blades made a huge difference in mine in conjunction with the other tail fixes. The little batman style blades just don't get the job done where the 42mm (?) seem to do much better. I do hard reversals on mine so I push the tail pretty hard. Once you get it dialed in it's pretty sick what that little machine can do!
Yeah, I've had to auto my 250 a few times and it has saved it with no damage. More often than not I end up with the OWB locked up and broken anyway.

The tail is pretty good after you get it figured out but I think it's still lacking.

While chord carbons would be cool.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
More often than not I end up with the OWB locked up and broken anyway.
This is the one deviation from all align stuff that I can agree on (in addition to the torx fasteners). Get the Copterx main gear assembly and most of the locking up problems go away. The gear is cheaper than the align anyway and it's a little more durable I think. I don't have a part number handy but MGPTWEGB might know it.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:38 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is the one deviation from all align stuff that I can agree on (in addition to the torx fasteners). Get the Copterx main gear assembly and most of the locking up problems go away. The gear is cheaper than the align anyway and it's a little more durable I think. I don't have a part number handy but MGPTWEGB might know it.
Funnily enough im using the copterx one way bearing on the align main gear. After my slign one way started to stick.

The copterx hub is smsller diameter than the align one it isnt a tight fit in then gear which us a bonus as it doesnt warp the gear once fitted
Old 01-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is there actually a 250X or are we just discussing issues with the old one here?
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's more of a wish list on what we would like to see in a newly designed 250. I'm betting we will see one in the next year or so, and Im betting it will follow closely on the 470 and 500x designs.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:04 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm betting we will see one in the next year or so, and Im betting it will follow closely on the 470 and 500x designs.
I bet we won’t as they don’t have room to move anything around on the 250, unless the make it bigger.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

can they give us a swash plate that doesnt develop slop after the first 5 flights.

Mines is getting to the point that i think i may need to replace it, i dont think its even had 50 flights yet mostly mild flying with maybe the last 10 doing flips and rolls. never been crashed.

The swashplate came super tight, not a hint of play, thought brilliant but now i can wiggle the upper swash up and down which shows up as i guess a degree or 2 of blade movement. My servos are older with more flights on them and one hard landing (which broke the dfc plastic ball links) and the servos have hardly any play.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Align will probably release a T-Rex 300 spinning 270-280mm blades. Lynx proved there's a market with the Oxy 3+, Blade quickly moved in with the 270CFX and now SAB are getting in too. It won't be long before Align cut a slice of the cake for themselves. They've already made a gap for the 300 size category by up-scaling the 450 to the 470, so it makes sense for them.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

They must be doing something with the 250 they are out of stock most places unless they sell out alot. I was looking to get one but I may wait.
martyq is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyq View Post
They must be doing something with the 250 they are out of stock most places unless they sell out alot. I was looking to get one but I may wait.
Wishful thinking, most places never seemed to keep many 250 kits, maybe it was a warning, maybe it was just knowing they didn't sell fast.

I'd love to see a replacement, but really the 250 market is small. I often wonder why I need a 250, or five. Too big for my back yard, too small for a baseball field.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, I've had to auto my 250 a few times and it has saved it with no damage. More often than not I end up with the OWB locked up and broken anyway.

The tail is pretty good after you get it figured out but I think it's still lacking.

While chord carbons would be cool.
figure my tail out!!! 1 day its perfect thenext its just wagging in the wind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Wishful thinking, most places never seemed to keep many 250 kits, maybe it was a warning, maybe it was just knowing they didn't sell fast.

I'd love to see a replacement, but really the 250 market is small. I often wonder why I need a 250, or five. Too big for my back yard, too small for a baseball field.
what? plenty big at my field thats also plenty big for the 450
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess Align won't let Lynx (Oxy2) and Sab (Fireball and Comet even if they are 280) alone on that market. And I think it would be a good thing they come back with a new version of their TRex 250
Pachapapa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope the update it

I was just hovering mine and its been 6 months sese I flew it but it is so nice responsive and looks sweet in the air

looking forward to a good summer

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sure hope there will be a new 250x soon. I've been out of the hobby for a while, excited to get back at it. A new 250 would be great since I only had problems with mine (Pro Dfc 3gx). But no rumors or news as of yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in