Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Chase 360

KDS Chase 360 KDS Chase 360 Discussion

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2014, 04:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvn View Post
LMH, do you have the part number of those turnbuckles?
+1
freakystylez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry guys, I purchased them from HeliDirect and went to look for the direct link earlier. Just to find out HD seems to have dropped them from their retail lineup.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought them here http://ckado.com/HO-HPTB010-turnbuck...ois76jue8g0210
Old 11-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadik View Post
Those are them!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

found them on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HeliOption-T...item4d23acf76f
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My second build from boxed kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1414975171666.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	546932   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1414975248843.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	546933   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1414975352252.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	546938  
rallyant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

How does that Savox motor compare to the Scorp or KDE? I assume you have tried them all. Also, it looks like the kV is considerably higher than what comes in the combos. What gearing and hs are you going with???

Hopefully this isn't classified info. [emoji6]
Old 11-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyant View Post
My second build from boxed kit.
Is that the V1 kit? Where are all of the red anodized parts?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that this is default anodized parts with removed anodization by some cleaner with Caustic soda.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks so much better without the anodizing. Wish they'd come like that in the box.
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Mustangs View Post
How does that Savox motor compare to the Scorp or KDE? I assume you have tried them all. Also, it looks like the kV is considerably higher than what comes in the combos. What gearing and hs are you going with???

Hopefully this isn't classified info. [emoji6]
I hope to find out tomorrow! not flown it yet.
Unfortunately I have never tried the scorp motor! But i want to just so i can compare.
Im about to setup the KDE as a 7s too, Im willing to bet that will be the most grunty setup
The Savox is 1900kv, so basically the same as the scorp. all reports are it comes down the coolest, and no complaints about the performance, Will report back once I test for myself..
It is the lightest of the 3 at 106 grams, the KDS is 130 grams, But despite everyone been happy with it, Savox are refining it further, reducing the weight and who knows what else...
The KDE at 1750 will be perfect as a 7s, no need for the 19t pinion, its good as is but id like a little more head speed. so rather than chuck a 19t pinion on ill just add an extra cell to the lipo. 1300 7s
Ill try the Savox on 7s while im at it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Is that the V1 kit? Where are all of the red anodized parts?
No, this was a V1 kit, but as tadik said, i striped the colour off a few parts with some Caustic soda. didnt think the green of the motor and yellow of the servos looked right with red in the mix. so i cleaned everything up, including the main pulley.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteStewardson View Post
Looks so much better without the anodizing. Wish they'd come like that in the box.
I think it looks horribly plain Jane without the colors. The gold pulley looks extremely cool in my opinion along with the red accents. Look at the Ducati motorcycles and you'll know what I'm talking about. I for one am glad the kits DO NOT come in all silver.

As Glen mentioned he removed the anodizing because the green Savox motor and yellow servos clashed with the red and gold. No offense but If it were me I would've removed the anodizing from the ugly green Savox motor instead.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyant View Post
I hope to find out tomorrow! not flown it yet.
Unfortunately I have never tried the scorp motor! But i want to just so i can compare.
Im about to setup the KDE as a 7s too, Im willing to bet that will be the most grunty setup
The Savox is 1900kv, so basically the same as the scorp. all reports are it comes down the coolest, and no complaints about the performance, Will report back once I test for myself..
It is the lightest of the 3 at 106 grams, the KDS is 130 grams, But despite everyone been happy with it, Savox are refining it further, reducing the weight and who knows what else...
The KDE at 1750 will be perfect as a 7s, no need for the 19t pinion, its good as is but id like a little more head speed. so rather than chuck a 19t pinion on ill just add an extra cell to the lipo. 1300 7s
Ill try the Savox on 7s while im at it too.

No, this was a V1 kit, but as tadik said, i striped the colour off a few parts with some Caustic soda. didnt think the green of the motor and yellow of the servos looked right with red in the mix. so i cleaned everything up, including the main pulley.
The KDE will be a monster on 7S! Jaymackey is also trying to do the same on his KDE 1750 in his Gaui X3 but is having a hard time finding a suitable battery, or really any 7s battery under 2600mah. Where did you find a battery/what battery are you using? Or are you going to wire a 3s and a 4s in series? Maybe a custom made pack?

Also, what ESC are you going to run it with? On 7s it is probably going to pull insane amps if you're pushing the headspeeds. He pulled just a hair under 80 amps and 1700 watts on the KDE 450xf at 6s! On 7s it is going to be insane! Maybe 90-100 amp spikes and over 2000 watts?!
Old 11-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I can say is some of you are just running some insane power. Puts a grin on me face as the brits say. I was posting earlier tongue in cheek about the polished silver. As long as it isn't some gaudy purple. I really have no preference myself.

And as far as power goes. I am still aiming at 12s and probably wont be happy until it shreds the GT2 belts in a smoke show during pumps and the frame twists in half.

Why some may ask?

Because we can!

Now I gotta go shut down my laptop and wipe the drool off my key pads from the Duc pic before it shorts out on me.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
The KDE will be a monster on 7S! Jaymackey is also trying to do the same on his KDE 1750 in his Gaui X3 but is having a hard time finding a suitable battery, or really any 7s battery under 2600mah. Where did you find a battery/what battery are you using? Or are you going to wire a 3s and a 4s in series? Maybe a custom made pack?

Also, what ESC are you going to run it with? On 7s it is probably going to pull insane amps if you're pushing the headspeeds. He pulled just a hair under 80 amps and 1700 watts on the KDE 450xf at 6s! On 7s it is going to be insane! Maybe 90-100 amp spikes and over 2000 watts?!
I ordered a custom pack from Hyperion Australia, (he has his own brand) but unfortunately the factory didn't do what was asked. No big deal, im just running them like this.
ESC is a de shelled (for weight loss) HW 70HV left over from my old compass 6hv. Should do the trick. 2000w continuous with near on 3000w, 105A spikes. Dont see me getting near that tho! But ill try, maybe a tri blade head will help achieve it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415283734512.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	547667   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415283806075.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	547668  
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is that a 3s and a 4s pack in series? Hard to see.

Looks great. Yea, the motor should have insane power and since KDE says it is rated for it, it shouldn't push the speeds past the capabilities of the bearings or go beyond the Magnetic flux saturation (hopefully).

It is still a small motor so there is only so much the iron core can handle before it is completely saturated but should be a total monster! A 3 bladed head should do well on it.

Can't wait to hear how it does, do you have any way to get the ESC data logs with that ESC? Would be really cool to see what kinda amps and watts it is pulling!

Hopefully JMackey gets his up and running on 7s on his X3 as well!

I did some flights on a 2200mah 4s on my X3 today and it was a total joy! 9:15 second flights at 2300-2100 rpm and very locked in still! I'm sure the Chase would perform very well with this setup as well!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi JMAN
If you go 4 s do you have to change anything if you are set up for 6s.Also what is the difference between 4s and 6s performance.
cheers
Old 11-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler777 View Post
Hi JMAN
If you go 4 s do you have to change anything if you are set up for 6s.Also what is the difference between 4s and 6s performance.
cheers
I didn't have to and it worked great.

I'm sure I could increase the tail gain and possibly adjust the head gain but it flew great.

It is not a smack 3D headspeed its a practice headspeed great for flying alone to perfect moves. With 9 min of flight and increased need for collective management it can really help you improve! Has enough power to do most moves but def is not the same as running full headspeed.

The battery cost me 19 dollars and I plan to get some more. I get over 2 times the flight time on the 4s 2200 than the 6s 1200.

It's great to have both. Fly 6s for crazy headspeed fun and power and drop to 4s for practice and learning! I love the convo!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifheli View Post
My first video of my Chase. I have a Spirit, KDE 1750 motor w/ 18T pinion, Hobby Wing PP 50 ESC, KST 215 & 515 servos in Heli.
I did not hear the timer go off and flew a little too long.

Chase 360 - YouTube
good collective control,
rockyou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

rockyou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in