Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > HobbyWing ESC's

HobbyWing ESC's HobbyWing ESC Support

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry, should have been more clear. Neo gov is not usable for me as I do not want to disable AFW. I would prefer this one though but then I got the tailkick. The learning procedure is for the HW gov store.
In addition, I don't understand the value that you can read out with the progbox. Mine says 19 times 1000 after the learning process. What does that mean?
Not using vcontrol but Spektrum dx7 v2
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cant help you on the program box question as I have never used on and have the wifi module.

Regarding the cant get throttle at 50%.......The HW when in gov mode will see anything below 40% throttle as "off". The fact that you must raise your TC to a much higher value in order to start makes me wonder if your FBL/TX units output and the ESC are not matched properly so you need a much higher result on the TX, but the HW is really seeing another value. Im not a Vbar guy, so Im not familiar with that process.

I too first started out using a 50% spool and wait a few seconds for the learning, however I soon abandoned that method and now just use my lowest flying TC value of 65% normal mode. I cannot tell any difference at all in performance doing this, and my HW holds within 50-60 RPM under hard loads after tuning it.

Im not trying to say what is shown on the HW instructions is incorrect, but that just in my personal experience there is no need for any specific TC in order to work well. I can get a lock spooling up at any of my three flight modes and TCs by spooling up with zero pitch and then just take off as usual. Im using Elf gov mode in my case since I switch between different voltage packs.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:29 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Tony,
I think I'll stick with what I have. The learned value with linear throttle up to 50%. I have my 3 speeds in the 3 Neo banks and this works when I switch. I don't have a tach so I don't know the real headspeed but at least it is flyable. We'll see what the future brings.
By the way I also posted this in the vstabi forums, along with the tailkick problem I posted about in another thread. Rainer there was very helpful but did not know the HW. In the end, it is a HW problem.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:16 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

what is your data after 50% set up. rpm=?, ?,?,?..when you stored it.
thanks
Mtpisgah99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's been a while since I used it. Don't really remember the value that was shown via the prog box. That value is a bizarre number anyway. Don't remember how to get the actual headspeed from it. Don't know why they make this so complicated. Anyway, I'm planning on selling it. I'm done with HW since they refuse to fix their problems. My newer machine has Tribunus. Works flawlessly.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am I assuming correctly that I can only do a gov store with the program box and no way to do it by pc and HW usb link?
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Am I assuming correctly that I can only do a gov store with the program box and no way to do it by pc and HW usb link?
nope, you need the box. there was a cheap dongle that hobbyking sells, some people say it worked, but I haven't used it. get the box and be done with it.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
nope, you need the box. there was a cheap dongle that hobbyking sells, some people say it worked, but I haven't used it. get the box and be done with it.
Yes I have that dongle and it works fine, but at the time I wasn't sure if I could put in gov store, unplug it then spool up etc etc, but I ended up doing as you said and just ordered the box anyway. Should be in my hands by the weekend.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks again to Dave for the vid; had to swap out my motor, and reprogrammed the HW 120A V4. So simple. And effective. The motor direction is also a nice feature...the bullets are tight and are tough to unplug, especially when already on the heli, so when I tested and it spun in the wrong direction, it was a cinch to correct w/o pulling the motor bullets.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dumb question, because I did not get one thing, about "reset" store gov.

For a new standardization do I need to go in elf gov and save, then again go back to store gov and save?

Or do I need to go to fixed wing/save and then go back to heli / store gov/save?

Thanks!
Lumberjackbr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	804467  
Old 07-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post

Oh my gosh! I am blind.

I swear I looked at the manual before (I admit that I looked very very quickly) and did not see that part.

Thank you my friend!
Xrayted likes this.
Lumberjackbr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in