Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7200BX Problem????

Looking for some help. Been flying Blade 450X for several weeks now with no problem until yesterday. Inverted hover resulted in brain lock and impact. No major damage, replaced main rotor blades, main gear, elevator servo gears. Back together today and test hovering. Nose was creeping to the right. Landed and noticed tail rotor servo was creeping even with motor off. After moving TX rudder stick to any position, servo would creep to right nose position. Unplugged battery took heli insid to shop, reconnected battery on bench and servo was not moving any longer. Took it right back outside and still no creeping. Popped heli into hover and after about one minute, violent tail rotor input and crash. Only other point is that after rebuild (after inverted "landing"), I did notice the vertical tail fin was showing considerable vibration.
I have heard that the AR7200 is prone to vibration problems so not sure if that's what happend but...should not have caused the tail rotor servo to creep when sitting still on the ground without the motor running. Appreciate any help...thanks!
yamr6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you go through the set up after your crash on the AR7200BX? if not i would say here lies your problem. vibration could be slightly bent Feathering shaft, or blade holders, main shaft??
retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was going to say to check/replace both the main and the feathering shafts. I've crashed my 450 twice and both have been bent sometimes only very slightly. I also runa gaui X2 with an AR7200BX. I had a blade strike on a landing. I knew the main was bent but the feathering shaft looked ok. I fixed the main and the baldes but it didn't fly right. Strange elevator plane bobbing and tail motion on pitch pums that it didn't do before. I pulled out the feathering shaft and even along a staright edge it didn't seem bent but I replaced it anyway. All the weird symptoms went away. Point is, one or both shafts are probably bent and even a tiny amount is bad.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys! I will replace main shaft, feathering shaft and possibly tail rotor shaft. Another question...are you mounting your AR7200BX with the OEM pad or using some other tape to mount it?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used the 3M product often suggested here but I lost the packaging that has the part number. 4xxx I think. Look in the BeastX forum.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you're tracking a vibe problem (as the blurry tail fin would suggest), check the tail blade assembly. If there is vibe coming from spool up w/out main blades, then either the tail rotor hub and/or tail rotor shaft could be bent. Other culprits are too loose belt and/or bent boom. Good luck.
nbisme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
I used the 3M product often suggested here but I lost the packaging that has the part number. 4xxx I think. Look in the BeastX forum.
4010 I believe. I just bought some.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Diesel6401 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you guys...great forum!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the 3M 4010 is what I'm using. The package looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4010.../dp/B00004Z4BU
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks knuckledragger! It's amazing that mounting this AR7200 with this tape versus the OEM pad helps eliminate vibration problems. Seems like it would be the other way around with the OEM pad being thicker\softer. I called HH yesterday to see if they thought vibration had caused the problem I had with tail servo creep and ultimately a crash from hard over tail input. They agreed it could definitely be from vibration and said not to use anything other than the pad that they provide to mount the AR7200.

I appreciate the help!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem on my 450x. I had the wobble on spool up and a major tail vibe during flight. I balanced the main blades which has helped the most so far. Then I used a thinner 3m tape for the beastx which helped a little more. Lastly, I balanced the tail blades and the tail vibe is just barely there during IU mode.

My 450x has never been crashed so I don't know what else could be causing the slight tail vibe now
Edge 603/92 ceramic lightning bearings

Last edited by Duramax11; 07-03-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Duramax11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax11 View Post
I had the same problem on my 450x. I had the wobble on spool up and a major tail vibe during flight. I balanced the main blades which has helped the most so far. Then I used a thinner 3m tape for the beastx which helped a little more. Lastly, I balanced the tail blades and the tail vibe is just barely there during IU mode.

My 450x has never been crashed so I don't know what else could be causing the slight tail vibe now

How many flights do you have? This is a stretch, but maybe your motor shaft is worn and stirring up some vibes?

How does your tracking look? Any chance your blades are too tight?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-bender View Post
How many flights do you have? This is a stretch, but maybe your motor shaft is worn and stirring up some vibes?

How does your tracking look? Any chance your blades are too tight?
Id say around 25 flights in total. I had the shake and tail vibe since day 1, but like I said I made them 95% better just have the very slight tail vibe now.
Edge 603/92 ceramic lightning bearings
Duramax11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in