Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #81 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Synergy, TDR, Compass? Junk.
Blade 130X
drdispatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
I did a few on my 7 today and it performed flawlessly. I can't imagine a model being any more perfect. There is my biased opinion
Now...Imagine your flight today plus 25% more flawlessness ness cost

Brad_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post

As for the poster who mentioned the E7's possible belt issue and followed that comment with "with the 7HV, you fly what's in the box" I'd like to remind him that what came in the box with the first 7HV release was sometimes not even flyable. Non working motors, wrong blades, misaligned belt tensionors, etc. That launch just reeked of mismanagement. In fact I don't think there is a factory motor 'in box' for the 7HV yet.
Yes you are right, the first batch kits did have some shorted motors the in-correct blades and had missing canopy standoffs. But that was the first batch kits. You will not have that issue anymore, it's in the past unlike the E7's issues.

The new compass motor is about to be released, and some customers already have it. It's a 1.4mm YY wind motor that is on the same level as the Scorpion LE motors in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
2. A completed TDR/Diablo is less than 25% more expensive than an 7HV/E7 since they can all be built with the same electronics, but that difference becomes even smaller if you put top quality electronics in your heli.
Not to harp on too much about costs of repairs. But a re-kit will not cost 25% more, and crashing is like wanking, 90% say they do it, the other 10% who say they don't are liars

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
So what have we come away with after all of this.

1. Benchmark has more than one definition and both can be correct.
a. A standard of excellence to measure against
b. ANY standard to measure against.
Note: Apprently Align was the benchmark of ANY standard to measure against and for some reason Compass now holds this honor even though Align arguably is the more widespread standard. The TDR and Diabolo may be the standard of excellence, but there aren't enough of them to be able to use them as any reference of comparison.
2. A completed TDR/Diablo is less than 25% more expensive than an 7HV/E7 since they can all be built with the same electronics, but that difference becomes even smaller if you put top quality electronics in your heli.
Note: People get very judgemental about how much you spend on your electronics. Apparently you need to be Tareq to be allowed to fly nice equipment.
3. Many people don't believe you should own a heli that you don't use stick banging acrobatics close to the ground and crash often enough. ( I still don't have a clear understanding of how often I need to crash my helis for it to be enough )

4. Many people don't think you can enjoy high quality electronics and that they have no noticable difference in flight characteristics unless you are pushing the envelope. ( They seem to ignore the feeling of a great governor or FBL controller, the ability to auto-level with a switch, or have sensitive vibration analysis tools to help get your heli flying running at its smoothest which will help the components last longer.)

So based these comments I'm apparently really not enjoying flying my helis as much as I thought I was..

What part of the following did you miss??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych101 View Post
Only looking at the e7 or 7hv. No tdrs or diabolos

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I ended up buying the 7HV. In the end the decision was not based on anyone else's opinion and I just went for what I wanted (thanks for the feedback and comments though which helped confirm what I already knew). For some reason the 7HV just appealed to me more.

This is my setup:

Purchased:

7HV kit with 690mm Align blades
Futaba BLS 255 HV x 3 (cyclic)
Futaba BLS 256 HV x 1 (tail)
Align 700MX motor (510kv)
CC BEC Pro
Beast X (already had)

Planning to Purchase:

SJ PROPO 120A HAWK Speedy
JR RG831B Receiver (for my XG8)

Last edited by Psych101; 04-15-2012 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention beastx
Psych101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice! I'm sure you will enjoy the 7HV, I have fallen in love with mine.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will definitely find the 7HV satisfying. Everyone I fly with has one or two 7HVs now.
Thunderpower Batteries
r1sportbike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych101 View Post
I ended up buying the 7HV. In the end the decision was not based on anyone else's opinion and I just went for what I wanted (thanks for the feedback and comments though which helped confirm what I already knew). For some reason the 7HV just appealed to me more.

This is my setup:

Purchased:

7HV kit with 690mm Align blades
Futaba BLS 255 HV x 3 (cyclic)
Futaba BLS 256 HV x 1 (tail)
Align 700MX motor (510kv)
CC BEC Pro
Beast X (already had)

Planning to Purchase:

SJ PROPO 120A HAWK Speedy
JR RG831B Receiver (for my XG8)
Against all odds I wound up falling for the 7HV too. I have a Logo 600 and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it to get it up to 7HV flying standards. 7HV build is so-so... nothing special... but the flying is amazing for an improbable design... I'd say it's radically different than every other 700, not a refinement of anything for sure, but incredibly mannered none the less.

Curiosity... I remember a while ago there were problems with the BEC Pro. Did they have fix them? I had one in an airplane... just felt junkie to me.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTemp View Post
Against all odds I wound up falling for the 7HV too. I have a Logo 600 and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it to get it up to 7HV flying standards. 7HV build is so-so... nothing special... but the flying is amazing for an improbable design... I'd say it's radically different than every other 700, not a refinement of anything for sure, but incredibly mannered none the less.

Curiosity... I remember a while ago there were problems with the BEC Pro. Did they have fix them? I had one in an airplane... just felt junkie to me.
Try 7Hv head on your Logo, I've thought about but to lazy to do the swap.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 7hv belt

I would highly recommended anyone flying a 7Hv to upgrade the belt. The kevlar belt off the logo 600se fits perfect and pretty much eliminates the belt ringing. Also you are not having to tighten it all the time..

Chris
Blueabyss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueabyss View Post
I would highly recommended anyone flying a 7Hv to upgrade the belt. The kevlar belt off the logo 600se fits perfect and pretty much eliminates the belt ringing. Also you are not having to tighten it all the time..

Chris

I think you mean this is for the E7, I've never seen anyone have an issue with the massive 7HV belt and the self tensioner.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya it's the E7 that has the belt issues not the 7Hv.
Most guy's are holding out for the TT setup but in the mean time L600SE belt holds up.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default belt

Oops. Yes that is the e7 that benifits from the belt swap. Guess i need more coffee before posting...lol...
Blueabyss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in