Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New servo combo

Iv see a few combo's here with cyclic and tail servos I'm looking for direct replacement that need no modding and also if I upgrade servos and switch my esc to 6v do I need to get a step down for the tail or are there tail servos that will handle 6v
Possibly a angry wife :lol
derrickfosgate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running Savox SH-0257mg for cyclic and a Hitec HSG-5084MG tail servo with my BEC set at 6V. They all fit with no modification to the frame. If you're going to stay with the stock tail servo you will need step down but the Hitec HSG-5084MG and the MKS DS95i (the two most oft mentioned replacements in this forum) will both run at 6V.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks knuckle I'm asking cause I'm upgrading all servos in both 450x cause one hovers level and when inverted hover it gets a bad elevator drift like I'm inputting alot of stick so I switched it with my aleron and now I'm gettin a hard aileron drift so my guess is it's a weak servo or it can't find center that's jus my guess ( this option u provided is that okay with the stock esc)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another ? What's the difference between a Ds 92 and 92a+ and difference between A Ds92 and 92i
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickfosgate View Post
Another ? What's the difference between a Ds 92 and 92a+ and difference between A Ds92 and 92i
A+ are for FBL.

The DS95 is the best servo in this class though it's pretty much the DS92+ with metal end caps. Specs, internals etc are about the same from what I've read.

The DS95i is the MKS tail servo.

IMHO the DS92A+ cyclics and DS95i tail combo is pretty bloody good though pricey. I now run this on both my 450X's.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I'm running the stock ESC. On top of the upgraded servos I'm also running the E-flite 3600Kv 450 motor and it's all working perfectly together so far.

BTW, I would have gone with the MKS servos but my 600 has been a huge money pit the last few weeks. Those MKS servos just look so dang good, I don't even care how they perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickfosgate View Post
Thanks knuckle I'm asking cause I'm upgrading all servos in both 450x cause one hovers level and when inverted hover it gets a bad elevator drift like I'm inputting alot of stick so I switched it with my aleron and now I'm gettin a hard aileron drift so my guess is it's a weak servo or it can't find center that's jus my guess ( this option u provided is that okay with the stock esc)
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckledragger View Post
Yes, I'm running the stock ESC. On top of the upgraded servos I'm also running the E-flite 3600Kv 450 motor and it's all working perfectly together so far.

BTW, I would have gone with the MKS servos but my 600 has been a huge money pit the last few weeks. Those MKS servos just look so dang good, I don't even care how they perform.
Hey, Knuckledragger, do you find any difference in flight times with the e-flite 450 motor installed? Was it a pretty easy swap motor for motor?

I'm really thinking of putting that motor in my X.

Thanks and to the OP, sorry for the thread jack.
whodothevoodoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up slotting the holes in the frame a little bit more than they already are and I had to dremel out the channels that the motor mount sits in so I could adjust it out away from the main gear a bit because it was too tight when I first installed it.

I've still been getting 4:30 flights. I was pretty conservative on my flight times, before, and I'm still well within the safety zone for the batteries.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodothevoodoo View Post
Hey, Knuckledragger, do you find any difference in flight times with the e-flite 450 motor installed? Was it a pretty easy swap motor for motor?

I'm really thinking of putting that motor in my X.

Thanks and to the OP, sorry for the thread jack.
It's all good I'm learning of ur replays and ?'s as well
Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm running the Hitec 5065MG for the cylcis and the stock DS76T servo for the tail via a diode with ESC=6v via little front switch.

I had the 5084MG on the tail but that got smashed during hi speed tail in landing

Works a treat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in