Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti integration

Does anyone know if there is flybarless controller that also supports quad copters and full Jeti integration?
eric303 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. Spartan had this capability, but Jeti wouldn't release the plugin for it.

A similar issue happened with Spirit, they have an Aero firmware, and want to release integration for that, but Jeti won't allow it.

Unfortunately Jeti control which integration they are going to allow, and they have chosen not to allow this to be used for anything other than heli flybarless controllers.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

interesting. i never heard of anyone wanting to do this before.

what is the advantage of connecting a $200 heli fbl controller onto a $200 quad?

wouldn't one of the cheap quad specific controllers be a better fit?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats a bit of a bummer. I guess I am just spoiled by all this very nice integration...I recently upgraded to Jeti.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Betaflight allows tuning via OSD, so there's no need for integration with Jeti. Any $30 flight controller with a $7 OSD can let you do all your tuning and telemetry through your goggles.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
they have chosen not to allow this to be used for anything other than heli flybarless controllers.
Not quite true. The Bavarian Demon Cortex pro and the Axon both now support Jeti integration. One for fixed wing and the other for helis.

Jeti DS24 / VControl Touch
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was not planning on FPV at this time...that is good to know...thanks for the info
Old 05-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Company line: As I understand it...
Jeti Assist receivers are coming and jury is out as to whether they might be capable as Multirotor FC and plane FC. (So imagine a RX capable of full integration, and multi, plane SAFE, plus 3D assistance, plus all benefits of a 3axis gyro. With or without accelerometers.) they want to fully release that first.

Makes sense as Jeti is mostly 40% ers and Turbines. Heli growth was thanks to BK and integration.

My opinion?
Integration is absolutely a game changer. Sick technology! You can't deny that it will influence decisions.

The gamble?
Every vendor except Spartan who was dissatisfied with Jeti's answer, also integrated with OpenTX / Horus. (Full heli and plank and Multirotor support) Jeti is gambling that they're better served by ensuring they do it right first before they open up to other vendors for non heli integration, and once allowed, vendors will come back rather than be content to stay on OpenTX only for their plane integration.

*** Quick Update on this too: SH Brain 2 got integration with Graupner. (I'd never heard about this until today).

Jeti's plane integration to date even has artificial horizon on the TX. So there is some truth and validity to letting them do it "right" first.

Last edited by gunny_jeeves; 05-24-2017 at 10:57 AM..
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
Company line: As I understand it...
Jeti Assist receivers are coming and jury is out as to whether they might be capable as Multirotor FC and plane FC. (So imagine a RX capable of full integration, and multi, plane SAFE, plus 3D assistance, plus all benefits of a 3axis gyro. With or without accelerometers.) they want to fully release that first.

Makes sense as Jeti is mostly 40% ers and Turbines. Heli growth was thanks to BK and integration.

My opinion?
Integration is absolutely a game changer. Sick technology! You can't deny that it will influence decisions.

The gamble?
Every vendor except Spartan who was dissatisfied with Jeti's answer, also integrated with OpenTX / Horus. (Full heli and plank and Multirotor support) Jeti is gambling that they're better served by ensuring they do it right first before they open up to other vendors for non heli integration, and once allowed, vendors will come back rather than be content to stay on OpenTX only for their plane integration.

*** Quick Update on this too: SH Brain 2 got integration with Graupner. (I'd never heard about this until today).

Jeti's plane integration to date even has artificial horizon on the TX. So there is some truth and validity to letting them do it "right" first.
Fascinating chess game. So, do I understand correctly, heli fbl integration is unaffected by all this jockeying? We're a bit player so we get integration but don't factor into the game?

I agree, integration is a real game changer, along with telemetry. I love Futaba, but we're falling further and further behind, so I'm looking at Jeti and FrSky.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

With Jeti Assist, "artificial horizon", and full integration, wouldn't it be great to integrate with an FPV headset like Fat Shark? Things have come a long way over the last 10 years in the RC helicopter world. I can't even imagine what the next 10 years has in store.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rogue22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
With Jeti Assist, "artificial horizon", and full integration, wouldn't it be great to integrate with an FPV headset like Fat Shark? Things have come a long way over the last 10 years in the RC helicopter world. I can't even imagine what the next 10 years has in store.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can it just not be as simple as Jeti developing a satellite receiver to plug into your existing fbl units. Jeti would be better off by selling a lot more transmitters. I run Ikon and Spektrum, but don't want to change all the electronics just to use a Jeti Transmitter.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsorrell0653 View Post
Can it just not be as simple as Jeti developing a satellite receiver to plug into your existing fbl units. Jeti would be better off by selling a lot more transmitters. I run Ikon and Spektrum, but don't want to change all the electronics just to use a Jeti Transmitter.
Uuh, what? you just described a normal setup with any receiver and any fbl, and Jeti (as any other brand too) does that. In europe we have RSat2 and REX3 to that, in US you have R3SW and soon REX3 if I'm not mistaking. Of course any other receiver fits too, for example a REX6 is not much bigger than RSat2 or REX3.

The satellite-way as Spektrum is using is not a way to go in my opinion, way too much issues with those tiny contacts. (Yes, I have been using them, i used to have DX8 and DX9)

I think you meant to write something else?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are we talking at cross purposed here, as I have found no information to suggest that I can use say an Ikon 2 receiver, a Jeti satellite and a Jeti transmitter, if so, please send me the link. From my reading Jeti is Jeti. Are you suggesting a Jeti reciever and say a Spektrum satellite to pair up to my DX9. I don't wish to do that, but just the opposite. Sorry for the confusion and my lack of understanding.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so no, you don't have to replace the majority of your electronics, and yes Jeti is Jeti so you can't mix and match.

The Ikon2 isn't a receiver, it is a FBL unit and currently you use Spektrum satellites as the receivers. With the Jeti as the transmitter you replace the Spektrum satellites with a single Jeti Rx. It already has dual diversity so is a full range solution.

As the Rx and FBL support single wire connections (you can use several different protocols to connect them) you only need one of the smaller Rx's like the RSat2, R3 or REX3, which have 2 or 4 plugs on them, not the full size receivers. These smaller Jeti Receivers are often called satellite Receivers although they are really full Receivers with limited plug connection to them, the beauty with the Jeti is you can assign different functions to the different plugs on the receiver. The newer REX3 is the most flexible with remapping the plugs and so I would normally recommend getting those if you are starting off.

Hope that helps.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2017, 03:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I tried getting that info from Jeti, but they just fobbed me off. I do struggle a bit with the electronic side of this hobby.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am just on the point of ordering a DS14 which comes with an REX3 receiver. Now, talking to the agent it seems no trouble with integrating to the Ikon with just one lead, but he wasn't sure if it could be paired to the AR7210bx, which is a combined receiver and fbl unit. Any clues.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Improbable that you could get that to work.

Best thing since sliced bred is a jeti receiver single wire to a Brain2 unit....

Integration and receiver could not get any simpler!!!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, now I understand the earlier confusion, you have one of the few FBL units that has an Rx built into it. This is definitely an issue as I don't believe it has the ability to bypass the built in unit and couple in the Jeti Rx, so I am sorry but my earlier comments about not having to replace the FBL do not apply with this unit.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you are one of the few who have organised a module bay for your Jeti, through a third party, or created one yourself, then the Jeti to Spektrum based FBL is possible! This, however, does not apply to most people.
The REX3 receiver has been something I have been offering in Australia to sweeten the deal for those changing from another manufacturer. This is not the normal delivery mode for the DS-14.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsorrell0653 View Post
Am just on the point of ordering a DS14 which comes with an REX3 receiver. Now, talking to the agent it seems no trouble with integrating to the Ikon with just one lead, but he wasn't sure if it could be paired to the AR7210bx, which is a combined receiver and fbl unit. Any clues.
The Brain2/Ikon2 with REX3 is very easy, I have that exact setup on 2 of my helis and another with a Spirit Pro which is just as easy.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in