Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Almost done just gotta 90 the servo arms and level swash plate then go through the setup..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170320_135132.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	699512  
mbleck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbleck View Post
Almost done just gotta 90 the servo arms and level swash plate then go through the setup..
Sweet, the iKon is probably worth more than the airframe.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex700MRX View Post
I bought three different servo sets, NONE would fit the servo cavity, they were all to long by 3/16 of an inch, just enough not to fit.

I looked at several ways to installing them, but gave up. I could have made them fit, but decided against it. too many critical points would have to be removed.

Dennis
I would still like to find something that would work with the Walkera Electronics. Just nobody has apparently tried or done it. I tried it, but you see the story above.

I would love to get the Skookum 720 w/GPS to work with the Walkera, or even the NAZA-H.

On the TRex 450's, NO problems.

the Walkera's are proprietary and don't like other manufactures equipment on their Helicopters. I hope somebody can prove me wrong.

Dennis
TRex700MRX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I have changed everything out. Receiver, Gyro, Servo's, ESC, Motor.

I have not flown it, almost scared to, but I will fly it soon. I hope everything proves out.

Dennis
Old 03-26-2017, 02:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck! Waiting to see how it turns out.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know if I mentioned this, but I have changed everything out. Receiver, Gyro, Servo's, ESC, Motor.

I have not flown it, almost scared to, but I will fly it soon. I hope everything proves out.

Dennis
Don't laugh, after changing everything out, I added a Skookum 720 to the Heli. It's working great. I had the time and the parts.

I love the way the original parts work on the Walkera 450.

I would love to just put a Bavarian 3SX on and just plug everything up.

Has anyone tried this, or has anyone tried any other Gyro?

I like the way it flies, and it makes a great practice Heli for my backyard.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! That's a he'll of a conversion. The Skookum 720 is a bit expensive, plus swapping out all of the other electronics....

Glad to hear that it flies good.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
Wow! That's a he'll of a conversion. The Skookum 720 is a bit expensive, plus swapping out all of the other electronics....

Glad to hear that it flies good.
I had the time and the parts.

I wish there was a gyro that could be used with the Walkera's electronics. Well, I have not found one. This is temporary, I will put the 720 back on my 700 this summer.

I just wanted a small size practice Heli with the gyro features.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My old Walkera DF 36 had a Align brushless ESC and motor in it. Worked just fine. Never bothered with the servos, rx or gyro since it's a old 72mhz flybarred heli you can't find parts for anymore. Don't see any reason you couldn't use the analog servos as long as you use the right settings in the fbl controller

Flew, crashed and lasted much better than my Blade helis did. Solid heli, if you didn't have a boomstrike you could pick it back up and fly more often than not.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I had the time and the parts.
Geez! I was complimenting you in your success. Don't have to get shitty about it.
But, still..."glad to hear that it worked out for you."
Old 05-09-2017, 03:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
Geez! I was complimenting you in your success. Don't have to get shitty about it.
But, still..."glad to hear that it worked out for you."
I didn't realizing I was offending anyone! I apologize if the statement offended anyone. This sincerely not my intention.

I was just merely stating I had the parts and the time during the winter months. It's all good. And of course, I am wanting to hear everyone's experiences if they had their same or similar success.

And I am glad to share mine. The main reason I am playing around with this 450, is I like to practice with it. It's fun to fly, and not that expensive to maintain even if you damage it. PLUS, I will be putting these mechanics in a Scale 450 size bird and definetly want a good gyro to be in it.

I am going to experiment with a 3SX shortly before I decide which one goes in the Scale Heli. One of the biggest features I like on the Skookum is the "Return to Home" mode. My eyes are not what they use to be, so it's like having insurance for me. Many are swearing I won't miss this feature if I go with a 3SX, but I will love the other features with this gyro.

Anyway, it's all good,
Dennis

PS: I am also thinking about the below. Most comments I am seeing are leaning towards the IKON2 or the AXON and 3SX.

Quote:
The best option would probably be the Ikon2/Brain2 and a Spektrum satellite receiver and you will still have self leveling and rescue.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

im seriously considering the Ikon2.

im a *will not mentioned said unit here for fear of being band* on both my 250 and 450. they work find never gave me problems. But they are kind of beater helis, the 250 being originally a copterx and upgraded to align parts, and the 450 2nd hand being originall hk with align parts over time.

Planning to get the align 470LP well if im gonna have a really nice new heli then maybe i should have a really nice gyro.

Now funny thing, the ikon2 case looks suspiciously like a vbar case....
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just completed this task. I replaced the walkera rx and esc with a mini yellow k bar and rotorstar 45amp esc. I kept all the stock walkera servos even though i know they are a weakpoint. It flies great. the esc and rx are the must change items for this swap.
Gixxere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, Walkera has stated their parts are proprietary for their equipment only. What a bummer.

The only way to do it is changeout everything..

Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in