Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters

Gaui Helicopters Gaui Official Factory Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui Customers in Canada

Swooper6 and myself are trying to get Great Hobbies to start stocking Gaui Heli parts. Below is an email I have sent to them expressing interest in Gaui.

If you are interested in helping the cause please send a similar email to jps@greathobbies.com

To whom it may concern,

I was given your contact information by the customer service department.

I was told that Great Hobbies may be considering stocking parts for Gaui Helicopters.
I currently own 4 Gaui helicopters and would love to be able to buy parts from a Canadian supplier. As you may know the primary Canadian supplier for Gaui helicopters (Rchelicanada.com) has decided to downsize. This move will leave many heli pilots without a way to get parts for Gaui models in Canada.

I wanted to send this email to voice my support for Gaui products. They have excellent designs, price and part quality. One of the nice things about Gaui is the long life cycles for each of the models. Rather than coming out with new designs they update the existing models. This is an attractive feature for Great Hobbies and its customers.
I believe that adding Gaui to your current product line would be an excellent business decision. I look forward to increasing my business with you in the future.

Thanks,
S.Millar

Last edited by S.Millar; 08-29-2014 at 06:03 AM..
S.Millar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much Millar. I do appreciated it when customers speak up for what they want, it shows a lot. Please if anyone wishes for Gaui to be incorporated to Canada then go right ahead and contact Great Hobbies at the email S.millar posted (jps@greathobbies.com). Once again thank you to all that post and of course Happy Flying!
iKon Flybarless
Swooper6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also sent a request for both Gaui and Compass support

With the closing of RCHeliCanada customers of Compass and Gaui are now without a local dealer. There are loyal fans of both manufacturers in Canada and it would be great to have a local dealer here.

FWIW I am thinking of getting an X3 (or two) to replace my 450Xs and use as my regular beater(s).
Old 08-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would buy an X3, but only if we have a dealer that will stock parts here north of the border.
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the support guys!

I think its a really good opportunity for a dealer like Great Hobbies to come in and support these brands. It would also be great for us also. They have multiple locations and free shipping over $100.00 similar to what rchelicanada.com had.

A lot of people have been turned off of the fast life cycle of the Align helicopters that most hobby shops carry. The X3 has to be one of the best beater 450 machines available. Most people would purchase it over the 450L and 450X that they carry now.

C'Mon Great Hobbies!!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Millar View Post
Thanks for the support guys!

I think its a really good opportunity for a dealer like Great Hobbies to come in and support these brands. It would also be great for us also. They have multiple locations and free shipping over $100.00 similar to what rchelicanada.com had.

A lot of people have been turned off of the fast life cycle of the Align helicopters that most hobby shops carry. The X3 has to be one of the best beater 450 machines available. Most people would purchase it over the 450L and 450X that they carry now.

C'Mon Great Hobbies!!
+1 regarding the fast turn around (and constant updates) from other heli manufacturers which also turns me off. This is the reason I have been flying Compass helicopters and now am about to get an X3, possibly two. The X3 from my research will be perfect for my intended purpose of a beater heli. From what I have gathered it is tough, cheap to repair, and flies well. Being the cheapest of the current class of 6S 450 helis is also a factor. I just hope a local dealer will step up so Canadian customers can quickly source parts (and kits).
Old 08-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a X3 and NX4 ... I'll be shopping there if they stock parts ....
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
I have a X3 and NX4 ... I'll be shopping there if they stock parts ....
Make sure you drop them an email. They are not monitoring this thread as far as I know.

Email is the only way they will get the message.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've sent an email to the address above. This thread is a good idea. I hope others join our crusade.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up S.Millar, I just sent an email. Sucks Jeff is getting out of the GAUI business, and I hope someone picks up. I have not needed any parts for my x5 yet but it was nice to know that there was a Canadian supplier. Great Hobbies would be awesome as there is one like 10 mins away from my home / flying field.

I really hope someone picks up GAUI as I was thinking about getting an x3 to replace my trex 450, but now I am not so sure.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll send an email as well. However, anythingheli has been good for me. I've gotten both my orders exactly 1 week after I place the order. Not too bad. He ships very fast. And shipping is fairly reasonable. I always choose the cheapest method.

I'm not even sure great hobbies would beat that shipping time they are in Ontario?

Sent from my mobile
Highway11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think great hobbies main office is in PEI, but their main warehouse is in Mississauga, Ontario. Not sure if they have other warehouses as well as they just came to Mississauga a year or 2 ago with a retail store. I think shipping should be about the same if not faster as it won't have to go through customs.

I have heard nothing but great things about anythingheli so glad to hear they have stock if we need.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by khogan View Post
I think great hobbies main office is in PEI, but their main warehouse is in Mississauga, Ontario. Not sure if they have other warehouses as well as they just came to Mississauga a year or 2 ago with a retail store. I think shipping should be about the same if not faster as it won't have to go through customs.

I have heard nothing but great things about anythingheli so glad to hear they have stock if we need.
Great Hobbies head quarters is in p.e.i. and yes main warehouse is in mississauga. Mississauga store has been open for a few years now and warehouse a little less than that. Shipping does not include customs, and is cheap and fast within canada. Also, spending over 100 constitutes to free shipping under most conditions. Some special products like rocket engines or lipos do not translate to free shipping over $100. I am expecting to hear news from Gaui or Great Hobbies around Wednesday or Thursday this week. I will post updates on this thread as soon as I know. Let's cross our fingers!
iKon Flybarless
Old 09-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rotorquest is close to the Great Hobbies Main Warehouse. I get orders from Rotorquest in 1-2 days with free shipping.
I think we could expect similar service from Great Hobbies. Great Hobbies also has locations to serve more of the country faster (Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Edmonton Alberta,
Mississauga Ontario, Ottawa Ontario).

Dave Mullen from Anythingheli.com is a great guy. I love the selection of Gaui parts and assories he carries.

Is it too much to ask for something similar in our country?

If Great Hobbies decides not to carry Gaui I plan on ordering from Dave or Empire Hobbies and would recommend them to other people without a doubt.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Millar View Post
Rotorquest is close to the Great Hobbies Main Warehouse. I get orders from Rotorquest in 1-2 days with free shipping.
I think we could expect similar service from Great Hobbies. Great Hobbies also has locations to serve more of the country faster (Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, Edmonton Alberta,
Mississauga Ontario, Ottawa Ontario).

Dave Mullen from Anythingheli.com is a great guy. I love the selection of Gaui parts and assories he carries.

Is it too much to ask for something similar in our country?

If Great Hobbies decides not to carry Gaui I plan on ordering from Dave or Empire Hobbies and would recommend them to other people without a doubt.
Great Hobbies shipping is usually around 2-3 days within ontario (so they claim). And less than a week throughout canada but we only ship from our mississauga warehouse, the stores around canada are separate fronts unfortunately and do not ship. If someone needs something from those stores a special request can be made and it may be possible to cross ship those items but that can take some time. For those near rotorquest area it is possible to pay for an order at the Mississauga store and then pick up at the warehouse. The warehouse and store are right down the street from each other it is only about a 30 second drive between the two.
iKon Flybarless
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully someone in Canada carries gaui , I personally hate waiting on orders from the states and the extra feas that come with it
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I sent the email too. I have a Gaui X7 and an X5 and a Compass 7HV and have just moved to Burlington, Ontario. Local parts for my favourite helis would be wonderful.
Cheers.
Protos Max v1 (800) - 7HV v2 - X7 - Trex 600 ESP - X5 FES - Logo 480 XXtreme - Protos 500 CF Stretched x 2 - Trex, CopterX & Blade 450s - CopterX 250 - MCPX - Nanos - XK 110. MD500 (Funkey / Align 600).
TimM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome TimM!

I'm a member of the Burlington club. I look forward to flying with you.

Thanks for sending an email.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks !
Tim
Protos Max v1 (800) - 7HV v2 - X7 - Trex 600 ESP - X5 FES - Logo 480 XXtreme - Protos 500 CF Stretched x 2 - Trex, CopterX & Blade 450s - CopterX 250 - MCPX - Nanos - XK 110. MD500 (Funkey / Align 600).
TimM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

there is a war out there with each manufacture. Each authorized dealer will not allow to sell certain brands. Its a way of big boys saying sell my brand only. You not allow to sell other brand otherwise we will pull out. One popular brand S@B recently pushing their product very aggressively. Their authorized distributors closed Align account to all dealers.

This kind of fighting between brands are hurting everyone because LHS can not carry multiple brands. Shops closed their door because they cant survive selling only one or two brands.

In the end it is the pilots that will pay the price because we cant get the parts we need. when we do find the part, it is in china and shipping cost more than the part itself.
czynot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in