Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by evosix View Post
I hear there is a HF supporting vendor dedicated to just Oxy stuff.

Hobby Boost will continue to stock oxy3 parts until the sun burns out. In fact, ALL Hobby Boost carries is Oxy stuff. I love Oxy and sell it exclusively.

If anyone is going to the Monarch Garden Swap Meet in Appleton,WI this coming Sunday, I'll be there next to Rich Knapp guarding the new Oxy2 and the 4+ prototype. Come say HI!!

Jason
I'll be there, definitely will say hello.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
And don't worry, Oxy isn't going anywhere. Hell, they are getting ready to put out the Oxy 2 and the Oxy 4 is set to follow shortly after. Oxy 3 is their only kit right now.
I hope so also......But never say never, the heli business is very tough right now. JR was coming with new models and we all know what happened next.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Supply and Demand

Oxy 3 is reaching out to many folks who want "Quality" usually only seen in Lynx Heli Innovation upgrade parts and like me, want a kit to build themselves instead of buying BnF and running into the same issue's over and over again.

I got my kit late in the game and with that, a ton of parts to maintain it. Many new Oxy owners coming into the fold every day from what I read in the forums and see on video's. With Oxy 2's upcoming release, Oxy 3 kits are still going to attract new flyers, who buys kits, and buys spare parts.

Oxy is a freight train and I don't see them adopting a 'discontinued' program anytime soon, IMHO.

(I don't know why I've waited this long to buy an Oxy 3...I just know I'm hooked.)
Old 03-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L72 View Post
Oxy 3 is reaching out to many folks who want "Quality" usually only seen in Lynx Heli Innovation upgrade parts and like me, want a kit to build themselves instead of buying BnF and running into the same issue's over and over again.

I got my kit late in the game and with that, a ton of parts to maintain it. Many new Oxy owners coming into the fold every day from what I read in the forums and see on video's. With Oxy 2's upcoming release, Oxy 3 kits are still going to attract new flyers, who buys kits, and buys spare parts.

Oxy is a freight train and I don't see them adopting a 'discontinued' program anytime soon, IMHO.

(I don't know why I've waited this long to buy an Oxy 3...I just know I'm hooked.)
+1 here, loving the oxy3

Love flying at local parks, people come up and say, I never knew a heli could do that!!

I don't see any lack of support or parts!!
cool cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK. Sorry to resurrect this thread but my concerns continue to grow about the current Oxy 3 kits and parts availability. Even on the Lynx site I see many parts marked out of stock, especially the smaller stuff that tends to be necessary for minor repairs.

Yes I can often wander around from site to site and find individual items but who wants to order little relatively inexpensive bits and pieces one at a time from multiple vendors and pay multiple shipping charges.

And what about kits if I should get ready to build another. Even kit availability seems to be getting less and less. Have they or are they going to discontinue the sport kit? My Oxy 3 is the sport version and is perfectly fine for my needs but I don't even see it listed as out of stock on the Lynx site.

Everybody keeps reassuring me that I don't have to worry about discontinuances or availability of Oxy 3 stuff. But as of right now I am still a bit worried.

And now they are talking about designing an updated Oxy 3 and looking for suggestions. Well how about building inventory on the already existing Oxy 3 models. Heck, even the standard 255 kit is out of stock on Lynx and they don't even list the sport.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Oxy 3 sales have probably peeked or at least slowed.And with the old business model (as with every product in life) you need to change things to keep up interest and maintain sales. Times are hard in this hobby. It costs capital to maintain inventory and with the Oxy 2 selling right now it will give a needed shot of capital to produce part inventories. Of course I am just speculating. I wish the best for Luca.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
OK. Sorry to resurrect this thread but my concerns continue to grow about the current Oxy 3 kits and parts availability. Even on the Lynx site I see many parts marked out of stock, especially the smaller stuff that tends to be necessary for minor repairs.

Yes I can often wander around from site to site and find individual items but who wants to order little relatively inexpensive bits and pieces one at a time from multiple vendors and pay multiple shipping charges.

And what about kits if I should get ready to build another. Even kit availability seems to be getting less and less. Have they or are they going to discontinue the sport kit? My Oxy 3 is the sport version and is perfectly fine for my needs but I don't even see it listed as out of stock on the Lynx site.

Everybody keeps reassuring me that I don't have to worry about discontinuances or availability of Oxy 3 stuff. But as of right now I am still a bit worried.

And now they are talking about designing an updated Oxy 3 and looking for suggestions. Well how about building inventory on the already existing Oxy 3 models. Heck, even the standard 255 kit is out of stock on Lynx and they don't even list the sport.
Your worrying about nothing and reading into it. Relax and enjoy your 3 for years to come.

If we are out of stock on something, it's from supplying vendors around the world.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should we call you chicken little, lol? You have to know the story.

First off, the Lynx site is not the gauge of Oxy parts inventory. The big companies still have ton of stuff. Are you needing one thing, or are you randomly picking a part and see if they have it? I can't find a single part that isn't available at either Amain, Hedlidirect, Anythingheli, or even some of your smaller newer site like Hobby Boost.

If the Oxy 2 is coming out now and the Oxy 4 is right behind it and they are even talking about improving the Oxy 3, doesn't that make you feel like the company is strong? I don't understand the doom and gloom.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could compile you a list of oxy vendors but they are numerous. I find a new vendor like every month. And they are all great IMHO

Last year I was looking for stretch booms and within 3 hours rich pointed me to a vendor who had them and a vendor PM'd me that day. That is simply amazing.

You should see the industry I'm in, sewing machines.
You should try vendors like Brother or Husqvarna. If I need support outside of my guy with brother, my calls usually get lost in the system. Husqvarna will tell you they have parts in stock, you place the order and then you only receive a partial order because it was back ordered.

I have found oxy, sab, align and MSH fantastic for parts support and technical support. I have found the vendors for them also fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
mattbeau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I keep hearing all these reassurances that there is nothing to worry about. People keep saying to check all the vendors out there because that is where all the parts are going. Someone pointed out Amain, Helidirect and others. Well I do tend to wander to as many different sites as I know about when looking. I am sure I don't know about a number of them but I have visited all of those mentioned in this thread.

Have you people looked at these sites lately. There are more and more parts showing backorder/out of stock listings. That includes the likes of Amain and Helidirect. And go ahead and try and find a sport version kit. I am sure someone can dig one up somewhere at some site but it is unavailable at many sites. It is not even listed at Lynx.

Yes you can wander around among the many vendors and find a part missing in one place is available in another. But as I said who wants to buy one part here, another part there and yet another part somewhere else. Do you people enjoy paying multiple shipping costs. If it was just and occasional part missing which then came back in stock in a few weeks then I can deal with that. But I am talking about sites that have been slowly getting lower and lower on inventories with no replenishment since back in December.

I understand the realities of business and managing inventory and the cost of such. But I am talking about 4 months now with no evidence of replenishment. If it was all about the Oxy 2 release then I would expect to see some changes reasonably soon. But instead I am seeing threads about what to put in a newer version of the Oxy 3.

I am just one lone customer with one lone Oxy 3 that I love. So me buying a part or two every now and then is not going to motivate any vendor to replenish inventory. But if I have a significant crash I don't want to have to go to 6 vendors to get 6 parts.

Sorry if everyone thinks I am chicken little.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off, companies only keep enough in stock based on prior usage. You don't keep 50 upper bearing plates because you sold one last week. A backordered item just means that company ran out temporarily. I get the same thing at a Goodyear tire store, it doesn't mean that Goodyear is going out of business.

Here is a sport kit in the very first place I looked. If it is not carried at a place, maybe they don't sell as well. It is no different than them not wanted to carry the rebuild kit for the tail. They wouldn't sell.

http://www.anythingheli.com/oxy-3-he...n-with-blades/

The Oxy 3, and I am sure Oxy 2 and 4 will be similar, is very popular. Sometimes there is just a rash of people buying new parts that vendors run out. I was talking to one vendor earlier this week about Oxy 2 parts and he said he had to limit qtys of those parts being sold because people wanted buy so many of certain parts and he limited it so there would be enough to go around. If I wanted to go to Amain right now I could probably buy every one of their spindles if I wanted to, putting them temporarily out of stock. It doesn't mean anything when you go to the site after and can't order them, however. By the way, I have 14 of those on hand I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that the only part I have seen go OOS in many places was the stretch tail boom. All it took was one person to ask here and somebody had found some.

As far as going to different places to get what you need...there is not a mini-Lynx site in the US. Although some of the places may have a large amount of inventory, I wouldn't ever expect for one place to have everything I need every time. This is not only true for Oxy, but also true for every mfg that I own systems for (Horizon/Blade, Oxy, MSH, SAB). I think you will find this is true for EVERY industry that distributes items to their retailers. They stock based off of demand. Pick a vendor that tends to have what you need the majority of the time. To me, if it means I needed to pay shipping multiple times as long as I can get what I need, I'm okay with that. Most of these places have some type of shipping deal (ie $1.99 flat, free if over $XX, etc). Take advantage of them.

Send Jason Bell, Amain rep, a PM and ask what their practices are regarding keeping stock. Maybe it will help you understand better what the general practices are.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... if I have a significant crash I don't want to have to go to 6 vendors to get 6 parts.
In a bad crash, it wouldn't be unusual to have to go to a couple of vendors, since most will be out of a random sample of things at any given moment.

If you can find a used airframe at a decent price, that's another strategy for piece of mind about a bad crash.

And if you're ever having a hard time finding something, check in here.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the improvement to the Oxy 3, I think it is another indicator that the Company is strong. We are all thankful to have a company owner that is open to suggestions and usually listens to things. If you ordered a kit today you would get the new grips that were not in the kits that I ordered 9mos ago. These grips are an improvement over the first ones, but they are completely compatible with everything. So you have the choice to use or not. My gut tells me that improvements to the Oxy 3 in the future would be similar.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am quiet sure the new update will include a retrofit kit (similar to how you can get a conversion kit for X3 to X3L). I imagine if they redesigned new Oxy3 with Oxy 2 servo layout, we will be looking at new frames and main blocs plus some other minor bits....what else is different on Oxy 2 from Oxy 3? The new skids will be compatible with old Oxy 3. We shall see though...
Old 04-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I knew someone would make a point of locating a sport kit somewhere just to try and refute what I am saying. But they didn't address why it isn't even listed on Lynx, Amain, Helidirect, Hobby Boost and others, especially Lynx. They all list other stuff that is out of stock.

And everyone seems more interested in giving me a lesson in business practices than paying attention to the points I am trying to make. I fully understand how businesses have to deal with inventory.

I am not talking about a part that goes out of stock somewhere then they get more in a few weeks later. What I have seen is parts that were out of stock back in December that still have not been replenished at any point. Instead there has been a slow but steady increase in the number of parts on various sites that are out of stock. Yes, so far you can wander around and find what you are looking for somewhere.

I would be less concerned if I had seen anything that I looked at come back in stock in the last 4 months even if it went back out again in a few days or so. But I am not seeing evidence of turnover. I am just seeing a slow but steady increase in the numbers of parts out of stock.

I will back off and not aggravate anyone any further. I know what I have been observing and have done enough business on line to know the difference between that and stuff that is coming and going during normal business cycles.

Sorry if everyone believes I am paranoid.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol, I went to one place to see if I could find and it was there. Models are models, they are all Oxy 3. The sport differences from the standard kit are minimal and all the parts are interchangeable between systems with the only catch being 255 vs 285. I could take my Sport, if I owned one, and dress it out with 100% of the Tareq edition metal if that was what I wanted. Or I could take my Tareq edition and completely dress it down and start over with all the green stuff. The sport version may be slowly going away because people don't buy it much - specualtion. But all the other 6 or so version of the Oxy 3 share the parts, they aren't one offs. So your point about you can't find a sport kit is sort of moot. Because although that item as a complete kit may not be as out there as it used to be, parts for it are more than plentiful.

I think people are understanding what you are saying, but it seems like you still want to worry, despite what all have said and that there are new vendors showing up every few months.

Stop looking at the Lynx site. They work much harder to supply their vendors than they do to keep there own stock replentished. If you went there just after Black Friday you would have thought you missed the going out of business sale. They have a couple of sales through the year, like Chinese New Year where stuff is 30% off and people jump on it. If you go there and something is out of stock it means just that. If you look at the Lynx upgrade sections you see things like "sell off" which is them trying to finish off stock of things they have had on the shelf a while, although it doesn't apply to the Oxy stuff, or hasn't.

I wouldn't worry so much. If something starts to happen and seeing how Luca treats his customers, I think he will let everyone know.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I knew someone would make a point of locating a sport kit somewhere just to try and refute what I am saying. But they didn't address why it isn't even listed on Lynx, Amain, Helidirect, Hobby Boost and others, especially Lynx. They all list other stuff that is out of stock.

And everyone seems more interested in giving me a lesson in business practices than paying attention to the points I am trying to make. I fully understand how businesses have to deal with inventory.

I am not talking about a part that goes out of stock somewhere then they get more in a few weeks later. What I have seen is parts that were out of stock back in December that still have not been replenished at any point. Instead there has been a slow but steady increase in the number of parts on various sites that are out of stock. Yes, so far you can wander around and find what you are looking for somewhere.

I would be less concerned if I had seen anything that I looked at come back in stock in the last 4 months even if it went back out again in a few days or so. But I am not seeing evidence of turnover. I am just seeing a slow but steady increase in the numbers of parts out of stock.

I will back off and not aggravate anyone any further. I know what I have been observing and have done enough business on line to know the difference between that and stuff that is coming and going during normal business cycles.

Sorry if everyone believes I am paranoid.
You are fine, your concerns are legitimate. It is just the lagging RC helicopter business. When we loose a company like JR (along with others) anything can happen and never say never.
It take a lot of money to run a company. We are a very small group of hobbyist, like maybe the size of a pimple on the elephants ass compared to the rest of RC.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know what I have been observing and have done enough business on line to know the difference between that and stuff that is coming and going during normal business cycles.
It really comes down to how you interpret the data, and whether you decide to change your behavior based on that interpretation.

Your interpretation of the inventory data is that the hobby is going to implode soon. We may not agree, but all that's important is that you believe it. Given you do, you kind of have three choices: spend your time worrying about it, spend your time flying; or get out now and do something else with your time.

Not trying to be an a$% here. It seems like a simple choice that only you can make.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Besides all the spares I keep stocked my solution is simple. Two nearly identical Oxy 3's I'm not worried about Lynx and parts even if both were down. I was hoping for an April 1st Oxy 5 announcement. Spektrum got into the spirit with the radio radio.

Be sure to grab the Phoenix 6 beta download. It works great with the new wireless dongles.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

The jesus bolt on the main gear is the only (little) problem for me...very difficult to change..don't drink a beer before

OXY rep/Lynx team pilot
derailleur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in