Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RotorHeads Ep10 - The ROTOR Game

Hey guys! Here is RotorHeads Episode 10. We decided to do something a little bit different this time around... for episode 10 we play a game of ROTOR with autorotations. Enjoy while Saje repeatedly destroys his sim heli while we get some great laughs. There are some pretty crazy attempts in this one so we hope you like as much as we did. Please let us know if you want to see more things like this!

RotorHeads Episode #10 - The ROTOR Game (1 hr 8 min 21 sec)

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting, no feedback at all? I'd especially like to hear criticism as this episode already has two downvotes, and we're always trying to improve.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought it was entertaining to watch, but I'd have been disappointed if I tried to throw it on in the background at work like I normally do with podcasts. Didn't really learn anything beyond "Johnny is good at autos" and "chase camera is weird", so a big part of the reason I like listening to podcasts wasn't there. That said I happened to watch it at home where I could watch the shenanigans, so I liked it, I just wouldn't want to see that be the regular format.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fun to mix it up like you did. It's also nice to see people just generally enjoying the hobby. If it's sim or not, it's still practice.

* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, I kinda anticipated that some people wouldn't like this EP as much, we decided to do it anyway though. It was fun and maybe gave people ideas on things they can do on the sim EP11 will be regular again.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoyed it.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was interesting to watch. Looks like fun. But I normally listen while I drive so it was weird to sit down and watch an episode.

What I felt was lacking was a dialogue. Just seemed like three friends have fun on the sim, but not much to follow in terms of content. Just my opinion.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Interesting, no feedback at all? I'd especially like to hear criticism as this episode already has two downvotes, and we're always trying to improve.
I didn't enjoy it, sorry. I stopped watching after a few minutes and listened to the audio in the background.

How about a look at what you're currently flying? No need to do it professionally, just hold a phone camera and talk about the heli as you do some close-ups

What about a weekly flight analysis? Grab any of the top guys videos and run through it as you tell us what they're doing.

New Moves is still my favourite section and there are literally hundreds you could cover. Take something like F3N or Global 3D set manoevres and do one of those each episode.

Rich

Last edited by richardv; 04-26-2017 at 05:58 AM..
richardv is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you, we got about 50/50 reviews, some people loved it, some people hated it.

Next EP will follow our usual scheme and we will go in depth with a maneuver again! Taking bets on what it will be
Old 04-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am LONG ways from doing a piro tic toc but it's my "goal" maneuver. Once I can get it I will feel I have become a proficient pilot. Until then I am just doing lame attempts at 3D. Although I keep trying to work on the basics and be proficient each step I progress.

It was nice to see that because my mind couldn't actually understand how to do it

But I think you are going after level 10 maneuvers what about some more simple maneuvers, say funnels which I think is probably the first "milestone" of 3D flying. I would personally benefit from that as I find it hard to keep them on the same altitude and position so tips would be great. Although you can do from a simple funnel to a rotating funnel on the same maneuver segment if you want to spice it up a little for advanced pilots

Quote:
Thank you, we got about 50/50 reviews, some people loved it, some people hated it.

Next EP will follow our usual scheme and we will go in depth with a maneuver again! Taking bets on what it will be
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Where did you get 50/50? I see 12 to 2 in favour.

I don't have any criticism but I can give two suggestions.

The episodes are close to an hour long and you are producing them on average less than once a week? Thats a lot of concentrated effort to continually produce quality ideas. Its also a fair bit of time for your viewers to dedicate.
If you are not contractually obligated then perhaps set a fixed time of 30 minutes and spread the episodes out to every 2 weeks. See how it goes. If people go into withdrawal you can always go back to an hour a week.

After 10 episodes your format is getting a little samey. You guys are obviously enjoying yourselves and you get along well. But perhaps get out of the sim at times and invite other personalities to join you.

Talk about some of the shit storms on the forums.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in