Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016, 03:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha this setup was far from free lol.

Here is a pic of the battery screen I think you wanted Kelly. Sent another error report too.

I will try some different batteries now and see what happens.

Be back with those results shortly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_163949.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	661191  
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016, 04:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you were right Kelly it is just that particular battery info totally sends it for a loop lol.

I tried another brand 2200 3S 35C and it worked flawlessly. And also just tried a couple 6S with no problems.

What's the odds that was the 1st one I tried lol???
Old 07-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

We're proud to announce the latest release of the Bump Controller CCS app which now includes fully-automated battery history upload and graphing.

Features included in this release:

Android CCS App 3.09
* FEATURE: Battery History upload and display
* FEATURE: New Settings->Battery History setting to enable/disable upload to the device
* FEATURE: Entire content area is now scrollable (more room for viewing graphs)
* FEATURE: New 'Pack' subview tab replaces 'Info' (for better organization with graphs)
* FEATURE: Increased max battery capacity from 32Ah to 65Ah
* BUGFIX: Fixed navigation problem returning from Settings screen
* BUGFIX: Multi-pack BumpTags not working from mobile app

Bump Firmware 2.15
* FEATURE: Battery History logging and upload over Bluetooth
* FEATURE: "Upload Batt Hist" settings checkbox to enable/disable logging and upload
* FEATURE: Watts display
* FEATURE: New 'Pack' subview tab replaces 'Info'
* FEATURE: Increased max battery capacity from 32Ah to 65Ah
* FEATURE: Charge max now defaults to 10% of discharge max for LiXX tag setup
* FEATURE: Low-level safety checks on PowerLab operation status
* BUGFIX: Multi-pack BumpTags bumped on mobile device fails
* BUGFIX: 'Back' or 'Clear' doesn't always work when charge is complete
* BUGFIX: 'UpdTag' shown even when Analyze is stopped (should only show on complete)
* BUGFIX: Additional debug to isolate first/last cell IR bug

NOTE: Make sure you enable the new battery history feature on the Bump Controller (in Options), as well as on the mobile device where you want the history to be stored (in Settings). Once it is enabled, it will automatically upload after the operation completes, or the next time you bluetooth connect to your Bump.

Tools->Battery History opens the history view, or you can also touch any battery in setup (after bumping) and in the popup menu select History - this will open the same history view, but with that battery selected.

This is a base feature set - lots more stuff will be coming in the future. Next up will be ability to delete individual cycle graphs or batteries from your history. After that the ability to backup/restore/export all history data, and replace a faulty BumpTag with a new one without losing history data. We'll also be imporving the UI to add search/sorting/filtering capabilities to make it faster to find the pack you're looking for.

As usual, let me know about any issues and we'll get them fixed as quick as possible - the more help and detail you can provide, the faster we can fix them.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

When will the update show up in Google Play?
Old 07-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to keep improving the Bump Controller. Been flawless since getting back from the original noise issue.
pctomlin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 05:59 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the updates and tried it out. Pretty cool for sure.

The only problem I notice so far, is the display when I go to logged battery info and "select battery".

The battery I select has 2 or maybe more lines of text in the 2 boxes at the top of the screen. One long box and one short. The second line of text is cut off and I can't quite see it enough to read. And it will not let me swipe the screen to scroll lower.

Also Kelly, I got the app to crash again with the new firmware using the battery configuration we discussed earlier, and is pictured in a post above as you requested. And I did send another error report to Google Play using the new firmware as you asked.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post
Yes you were right Kelly it is just that particular battery info totally sends it for a loop lol.

I tried another brand 2200 3S 35C and it worked flawlessly. And also just tried a couple 6S with no problems.

What's the odds that was the 1st one I tried lol???
Found the root case for this crash - it will be fixed in the next bugfix release, probably in about 1 week.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I got the updates and tried it out. Pretty cool for sure.

The only problem I notice so far, is the display when I go to logged battery info and "select battery".

The battery I select has 2 or maybe more lines of text in the 2 boxes at the top of the screen. One long box and one short. The second line of text is cut off and I can't quite see it enough to read. And it will not let me swipe the screen to scroll lower.

Also Kelly, I got the app to crash again with the new firmware using the battery configuration we discussed earlier, and is pictured in a post above as you requested. And I did send another error report to Google Play using the new firmware as you asked.
Yeah, the display still needs to be optimized for mobile phones - if you view it with limited horizontal space, it doesn't work as well. We'll get this tweaked over the next couple weeks to ... probably reduce font size and remove some of the info to make sure it fits.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found another crash bug.

I tried 1 battery and the logs were uploaded and I was able to view graphs etc.

I tried a second different battery. Charge was completed and logs were once again uploaded.

But now as soon as I select battery history the app crashes consistently.

2 more reports sent to Google Play for this crash.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I found another crash bug.

I tried 1 battery and the logs were uploaded and I was able to view graphs etc.

I tried a second different battery. Charge was completed and logs were once again uploaded.

But now as soon as I select battery history the app crashes consistently.

2 more reports sent to Google Play for this crash.
Looked at the crash report and this is actually the same bug, just hitting it in a different way. I'll be posting a fixed version mid-week.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So should we stay away from 2.15 then?

Old 07-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are ok to go with 2.15

I seem to have some unique circumstances that are causing crashes for me.

At worst you will not be able to view your logged battery history without crashing. A feature you do not currently have right now anyways so no big deal. But it should work fine for you. I'm special apparently lol.

And if you do have an issue just mention it here and it will be fixed pretty quickly. Its the reason I don't mind taking my time to provide feedback. I would be blowing hot air to alot of other companies.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bump Control Firmware version

I am confused and I would like to know what is the latest firmware version for the BumpControl. In your post above you state the latest release is version 2.15 but on my BumpControl Windows firmware update app it lists version 1.54 as the latest version.

Is the latest 2.15 version only available through the Android app???

Gaui X4 II-Spirit RS | Gaui X7-Spirit RS | Gaui R5 V2-DEMON AXON | Soxos Strike 7.1-Spirit GTR
JETI DS-14 | JETI DS-16 Gen2
iscripter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscripter View Post
I am confused and I would like to know what is the latest firmware version for the BumpControl. In your post above you state the latest release is version 2.15 but on my BumpControl Windows firmware update app it lists version 1.54 as the latest version.

Is the latest 2.15 version only available through the Android app???
Sorry for the confusion - we are currently working to fix a bug in the WIndows Firmware Upgrade Utility, so the latest firmware has not yet been posted there. We should have it fixed in a couple days.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Sorry for the confusion - we are currently working to fix a bug in the WIndows Firmware Upgrade Utility, so the latest firmware has not yet been posted there. We should have it fixed in a couple days.
Thanks for the quick reply. Patiently waiting for the update.

Gaui X4 II-Spirit RS | Gaui X7-Spirit RS | Gaui R5 V2-DEMON AXON | Soxos Strike 7.1-Spirit GTR
JETI DS-14 | JETI DS-16 Gen2
iscripter is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kelly.

Just a couple questions on how the battery logging is supposed to work.....

- If you have logging enabled on the BUMP, how many charge cycles can you do before you need to upload to a tablet ( or loose data ) Or is it really meant to be connected to a tablet whenever a charge is taking place ?

- If you upload to one device, does that clear the logs in the BUMP? Or can you then upload the same data to another device?

Thanks,

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Hi Kelly.

Just a couple questions on how the battery logging is supposed to work.....

- If you have logging enabled on the BUMP, how many charge cycles can you do before you need to upload to a tablet ( or loose data ) Or is it really meant to be connected to a tablet whenever a charge is taking place ?

- If you upload to one device, does that clear the logs in the BUMP? Or can you then upload the same data to another device?

Thanks,

KevinB
Depending on the size/length of the operations, the Bump will cache about 100 cycles before running out of space. You will see a pop-up message if that happens so you wI'll know to connect and upload if your concerned about losing history data.

Once it is uploaded to one device, then it is removed from the Bump. Support for multiple devices, if/when that happens, will be by syncing between those devices, not by uploading to multiple, since that would waste space on the Bump.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect! Thanks Kelly,

Is there still plans to implement the ability to add our own battery names to the BUMP tag, rather than it just showing the battery ID?
Even if the "friendly" name was limited to 8 or 10 characters, it would be much more meaningful than the tag ID.

Just fyi.... (not important, just letting you know).... since the last app update, even if I set the Alert setting to Silent, I still get a sound from my phone or tablet when the charge completes. It's some default sound on the device because it's different between my two devices. If you actually pick an Alert sound, it plays that one. But if you pick None, even though it shows Silent, it still plays an alert.

Thanks for all the great work on this app so far!

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
Perfect! Thanks Kelly,

Is there still plans to implement the ability to add our own battery names to the BUMP tag, rather than it just showing the battery ID?
Even if the "friendly" name was limited to 8 or 10 characters, it would be much more meaningful than the tag ID.

Just fyi.... (not important, just letting you know).... since the last app update, even if I set the Alert setting to Silent, I still get a sound from my phone or tablet when the charge completes. It's some default sound on the device because it's different between my two devices. If you actually pick an Alert sound, it plays that one. But if you pick None, even though it shows Silent, it still plays an alert.

Thanks for all the great work on this app so far!

KevinB
The plan is to be able to set the 4-digit ID to whatever you want. So it will still be limited to 4 hexidecimal digits, but at least you can come up with your own pack numbering scheme ... so for example if i have 6 of the exact same pack, then I would number them 001A thru 001F. If you typically had more than 6 of a certain pack, then maybe use 2 digits for the "type" and 2 digits for the "number" .... so something like 0101 thru 0108.

That number doesn't have to be unique across all of your packs either - it is only for your reference. So the number could just be used to identify the "number" of that specific kind of pack. So, for example, I have a dozen 6S 5000's all simply numbered 0001-0012 and some 3S 2200's numbered 0001-0010.

This approach seems to align pretty well with what alot of guys already do (manually) if they want to track the history of a pack - they write some relatively small/short number on the pack. Minimizing the length (to 2-bytes in this case) avoids wasting valuable BumpTag storage space.

I'll add that Alert bug to the list to be fixed.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bump CCS App 3.10 and Firmware 2.16

Just posted new software with the following changes - mostly about fixing the problem with Analyze producing bad Fuel tables.

* Android 3.10
* FEATURE: Sorting of batteries in history (by chemistry, cell count, then capacity)
* FEATURE: Delete buttons added for both batteries and graphs (in history)
* FEATURE: Bump Firmware 2.16

// Firmware 2.16
// - FEATURE: Support for Wiring Mode and Regen Discharge PowerLab settings
// - FEATURE: Per-PowerLab options configuration (Apply and ApplyAll choice)
// - BUGFIX: Fuel sometimes invalid after Analyze Cycle
// - BUGFIX: BT connect during Analyze Cycle causes it to stop before final charge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in