Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scorpion 4035-400 motor set up help please

hello all
I received via a club mate a trex 700 conversion kit including motor and esc. Thing is I can't figure out if its actually going to work. The motor is the scorpion 4035-400 and the esc is a castle phoenix 85hv. My concern's are with the following. The motor has a 13 tooth pinion and I have the mod 1 main gear of 115 teeth. So with 2 x 5000mah 6 cell packs in series does it sound like it is all going to work? What head speed should I be aiming for with the 700 for mild flight with a little 3d chucked in. I will be flybarless using the align head and beastx. So to conclude will my set up work or do I need a different pinion or a different motor? It's the helidirect conversion. My other concern is the lack of upper shaft support and if it's needed.
cheers
blackcataps is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same motor and ESC on my 700E conversion but I am using the stock Mod .7 main gear on that heli still. I am running a revco 20 and 21T pinion. My headspeeds are 1800 for normal and 1950 and 2100 for idle 1 and 2.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a great setup for the type of flying you are wanting. It can be fully 3D capable as well. Here's a video of that setup.
RRE Models Pilot Alan Austria (3 min 8 sec)
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thank you but is it using the stock main gear

Hello Mr Nice Guy
Watched the video and it makes me want to speed the conversion job up. Can you confirm the following please:
Is it using stock main gear or a different one?
What pinion?
Approx head speeds?
Batteries used?
Any other info to help?
Thanks in advance.

Also thanks to jetblue for your reply
blackcataps is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is Al Austria's bird. Here's a post where he talks about the set up. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...29#post1860029

Quote:

I actually just tached my 700 and it was right at 2200 with a Model Avionics tach, my iPhone app picked up 2230. I'm currently running Governor High mode with firmware version 3.2 on the CC 85HV.

The RJX kit comes with two G10 drill guides that bolt onto each side frame if your machine is already put together. If you're side frames are still separated, you can even bolt them together with the drill guides and drill all four holes with only two passes. Either way, the kit is super simple to install.

Any quality .7 module, 20T pinion will work fine. Rhino, Revco, Mikado, etc are all good brands.

The -400 makes excellent power, I'd say just a couple steps above a well tuned nitro. As far as watts goes, rated power is just that, RATED. The amount of power that the motor will actually produce in the air can and will deviate from the manufacturers' ratings and is completely dependent on the rest your setup. Just as an example, I've run 28mm inrunners in S400 class pylon racers which were "rated" at 300 watts, at nearly 700 watts on high current 3S power setups.

It comes down to how efficiently a motor can generate such watt figures without overheating and/or breaking down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in