Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tail Pitch Assembly problem.

I'm currently building my Trex600, very sweet machine, all has gone well but I'm a little stuck on the Tail Pitch Assembly.

Is it meant to slide up and down easily on the tail rotor shaft?
It seems to not slide well at all, and when connected to the control arm I don't think the servo would be able to move it honestly.

The Control arm moves nice and smooth so there's no notchyness there.
Finchwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it should move without any resistance on the tail output shaft.
if it's not there is something wrong.
disassemble it and look at it if anything is bendt or uneven surfaces on your shaft or brass ring that goes outside of the shaft.
good luck m8
and also check the tail control rod guides are in a straight shot, and rod moving freely
Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's essential for the tail pitch slider to slide very smoothly, silky smooth. Any binding or notchyness will have a negative effect on your tail performance and you will have problems locking the tail as you will not be able to set the gain high enough without getting tail wag.

I had a similar problem on my 600 and I first checked the tail rotor shaft for any notches and imperfections and then I gently polished the inside of the brass bushing till the slider slid smoothly. It's important to be very gentle so that you don't remove too much of the bushing and get slop.

If you slide the slider back and forth on the tail rotor shaft a couple of time (let's say 10 - 20 times) and then look inside the bushing, you'll probably see the areas where the bushing is binding as these areas will be somewhat shinier than the rest. Gently polish those areas.

I also suggest that you check all joints in the tail pitch control assembly to assure that they all move easily and freely.
jockew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 03:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep, the control arm is silky smooth, and I haven't got the control rods on there yet because the tail pitch isn't sliding up and down.

I didn't see any imperfections anywhere before, but I'll have another look and try figure it out.
Finchwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 05:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Thumbs up Tail Problem...

Yep! I had the same problem had to use some very fine sand paper to get it smooth. Some you just get lucky and you don't need to modify a thing. God Bless the T600.

HouseMD
ratorfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

It's not uncommon for the brass slider to bind on the tail rotor spindle - there is a variable tolerance - the fix is quite simple - take of the slider and grips and spin the main rotor around while polishing the spindle with some 1000 grade carborundum paper - after it is nice and shiny clean it up with some solvent then try again with some silicone spray - repeat till it is silky smooth and minimal resistance - if that doesn't work try another slider !
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I did the same as Mercuriell, but used 1500 grit until the tail shaft was shiny, and the polished it with some green compound on a tight sewn buffing wheel. Buttery smooth now...

Out of the kit, the slider would barely move on the shaft. Both of my 600's needed this treatment.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Same here. Here's what I have found after couples of try and errors...

Insert the brass slider in the tail output shaft before screwing in the "Y" or "U" shaped control arm. Add a few drops of triflow, the tail will be silky smooth.

I think the "U" shaped control arm just deform the brass ring a little and make it tight on output shaft. Insert the brass ring before assembly will probably prevent this problem.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Im a noob (1st build too) I smeared some grease on with my fingers and that helped, isnt it supposed to be lubricated?? if not is it becaue it will collect dust n' dirt??

Cym
Cymon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
Im a noob (1st build too) I smeared some grease on with my fingers and that helped, isnt it supposed to be lubricated?? if not is it becaue it will collect dust n' dirt??

Cym
Best to use Tri-Flow oil. Available at good hardware stores.
Outrage 550..........Outrage G5........Phazor 600
In memory of: James Archer
wren1702 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in