Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.) Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petebarrow View Post
great posting.
however can anyone add an idiots guide to adding GPS with the spektrum sat setup please?

Pete
The naze32 only has two uarts. One uart is used for the usb port, and the other is used for satellite receiver. So in order to add gps, you need to enable softuart, set the baudrate, set whether the gps uses nmea or ublox commands, and configure the gps for the same baudrate.

Note that softuart has an upper limit of (I think) 19200 baud. I suggest you start with 9600.

Word of warning: on my 250 quad, I have up trying to use gps. It worked great when the video transmitter was turned off. But as soon as Vtx was turned on, the gps couldn't lock. And there's not much room to move the gps antenna around on a 250 quad.
u8mydog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdjonas View Post
hi,
I have a problem with my spectrum satelit on the flip32.
I proceeded exactly according to the instructions above. but when i connect the flip ti my computer, cleanflight shows for every chanel 988.

I have bound the satellite with another receiver to my dx18. the LED is on. what can I do?
I have this exact same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

FLIP32+
LemonRX satellite (DSMX)
CleanFlight (latest)
RX_Serial and 2048 on the configuration tab
SERIAL_RX for UART2 on the Ports tab
Channel mapping TAER1234 on the Reciever tab

The satellite will bind and rebind with no problems, but all values on the receiver tab are stuck at 988 no matter what I do.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Did you solder the channel 4 pin to sat signal wire? And do you have another receiver to test with the satellite, to eliminate any issues with it first?
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 09:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Problem solved. Despite claims to the contrary, you still must connect signal to channel 4. The satellite connections still are not plug-and-play!

My complete solution and guide is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=958

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,

First post on the boards here so please pardon my noobness I am trying to set up my satelite on my naze32 flight controler and I am following the instructions described on his post and all the provided links but still cant get the satellite to connect.

- I have succesfully binded my TX with an AR8000 Rx with the satellite attached.
- I have soldered the power, signal and ground directly on the Naze32
- When connected to cleanflight using the USB cord, the orange light is lit when I power up my TX

This is where I am starting to get issues. I am trying to set the UART2 to serial but when I press save and reboot, the boxes I had checked are cleared and it goes back to UART1 with he check mark in the MSP box.

I've read and re-read all the posts I could find and I am following the procedure step by step without success.

If anyone has a clue what I should do or what I may be doing wrong, it would be highly appreciated.

Erick
montrealer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default .

Hi All,

I too am having a similar/same problem...
Quote :- montrealer - This is where I am starting to get issues. I am trying to set the UART2 to serial but when I press save and reboot, the boxes I had checked are cleared and it goes back to UART1 with he check mark in the MSP box.

I've read and re-read all the posts I could find and I am following the procedure step by step without success.

All wiring is as is, in the readme/tutorial - my setup is ~ QAU250 20A Emax Simonk firmware, Atlas Sphere PDB / readytosky 2204's 16kv 2300 / 1.5ah 3S Nanotech Lipo.

I am using a 2.4ghz orange 6 channel DSM2 R620 w/the sat RX plugged into it to bind the receiver w/a simonk 20 Amp bec. Have used 3 different sat rx's they flash go through the normal bind process However if I unplug the receiver from one of the bec's then plug that receiver back into the flip nada! ......??? (as far as motor action/response) Rx lights up and doesn't flash.

Puzzled as I can run a motor test so bec's/motors are all good! after a bind attempt I am unable to move the receiver profiles ie. up down + or -1500 in software? I've obviously done some thing wrong I just can't pick it atm

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks in advance to any one who can assist

Cheers,
hatesmakingupusernamesno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
Hi guys,

First post on the boards here so please pardon my noobness I am trying to set up my satelite on my naze32 flight controler and I am following the instructions described on his post and all the provided links but still cant get the satellite to connect.

- I have succesfully binded my TX with an AR8000 Rx with the satellite attached.
- I have soldered the power, signal and ground directly on the Naze32
- When connected to cleanflight using the USB cord, the orange light is lit when I power up my TX

This is where I am starting to get issues. I am trying to set the UART2 to serial but when I press save and reboot, the boxes I had checked are cleared and it goes back to UART1 with he check mark in the MSP box.

If anyone has a clue what I should do or what I may be doing wrong, it would be highly appreciated.

Erick
The values get reset if you have an invalid setting. You should have MSP enabled on uart1. MSP is used for cleanflight to communicate to the board. You can move MSP to a softuart if you use an FTDI or bluetooth connection for cleanflight.

So to start, leave MSP on uart1, and set uart2 for serial rx then save. Then go to the config tab and set the RX type to DSMX or whatever you are using and press save again. If at anytime you see the defaults come back, you chose an invalid setting.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatesmakingupusernamesno View Post
Hi All,

I too am having a similar/same problem...
Quote :- montrealer - This is where I am starting to get issues. I am trying to set the UART2 to serial but when I press save and reboot, the boxes I had checked are cleared and it goes back to UART1 with he check mark in the MSP box.

All wiring is as is, in the readme/tutorial - my setup is ~ QAU250 20A Emax Simonk firmware, Atlas Sphere PDB / readytosky 2204's 16kv 2300 / 1.5ah 3S Nanotech Lipo.

I am using a 2.4ghz orange 6 channel DSM2 R620 w/the sat RX plugged into it to bind the receiver w/a simonk 20 Amp bec. Have used 3 different sat rx's they flash go through the normal bind process However if I unplug the receiver from one of the bec's then plug that receiver back into the flip nada! ......??? (as far as motor action/response) Rx lights up and doesn't flash.

Puzzled as I can run a motor test so bec's/motors are all good! after a bind attempt I am unable to move the receiver profiles ie. up down + or -1500 in software? I've obviously done some thing wrong I just can't pick it atm

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks in advance to any one who can assist

Cheers,
Once you plug the sat into the FC, I presume it binds to your TX. If so, next you just need to get the FC to recognize the serial stream. From the defaults, go to the ports tab and change uart2 to serial rx baud to 115200 and save. Then on settings tab, configure for the correct serial rx type and save.

Then on the receiver tab, you should see channel values change as you wiggle your tx sticks. On this tab, change the order of channels to match spectrum (map to TAER1234) and save. Now the correct channels should wiggle as you move the tx sticks.

Check the docs here: https://github.com/cleanflight/clean...ee/master/docs

Also, search for 'naze' on rotorgeeks.com. He has pics and instructions for wiring the 3.3V and setting up the naze32.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey u8mydog Thanks for you responding! also read more into this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=958 after a bit of rinse repeat the rx/tx did bind

I can now go into the Reciever tab on Cleanflight and move the sticks and see the response in the software Roll Pitch and Throttle are all set to 1755 and move around, However Yaw is sitting at 988 and there is no response from the sticks? I can't / don't know how to adjust this I should also not the TX is obviously an Orange from HK mode 1 with the Gimbles swapped over to act as a mode two BUT only has two position switches which are all set to 0 even. Trim adjustments make no difference either?

I have backed up the settings I then disconnect from base flight turn the TX off unplug the usb cable and lipo - then reconnect the lipo and turn on the TX the RX lights up and is bound but no response from the quad ie. motors don't spin / like there not getting the input/output form the Tx? final hurdle I hope!

Thanks glad I found this Great Forum! Once again thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Cheers!
hatesmakingupusernamesno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatesmakingupusernamesno View Post
Hey u8mydog Thanks for you responding! also read more into this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=958 after a bit of rinse repeat the rx/tx did bind

I can now go into the Reciever tab on Cleanflight and move the sticks and see the response in the software Roll Pitch and Throttle are all set to 1755 and move around, However Yaw is sitting at 988 and there is no response from the sticks? I can't / don't know how to adjust this I should also not the TX is obviously an Orange from HK mode 1 with the Gimbles swapped over to act as a mode two BUT only has two position switches which are all set to 0 even. Trim adjustments make no difference either?

I have backed up the settings I then disconnect from base flight turn the TX off unplug the usb cable and lipo - then reconnect the lipo and turn on the TX the RX lights up and is bound but no response from the quad ie. motors don't spin / like there not getting the input/output form the Tx? final hurdle I hope!

Thanks glad I found this Great Forum! Once again thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Cheers!
The mode shouldn't matter because spectrum will always use the map TAER1234. Check the 'monitor' output of your TX to verify the 4th channel (rudder) moves with your sticks. Do the same test with your switches.

Regarding motors spinning up, first, you need to calibrate the accelerometer using the first tab in cleanflight. The FC will not arm if the accelerometer doesn't think it is level and not moving. Also there is a stick movement to arm the FC. Check the docs on github (link I previously sent).

A few other things: Make sure your stick travels are seen in cleanflight as 1000 to 2000. The middle should be 1500. It sounds like yours are off so adjust your trims & travel adjust on your tx.

Once you are ready to spoolup, there is a calibration process required for your ESCs so that they all turn on at the same time. Google around but I believe the process is power on FC/rx/tx. Go to the motor tab, select the checkmark (making sure props are off), use master slider to to go to max throttle, then apply power to the ESCs. The ESCs should detect throttle calibration mode and not turn the motors. Then move the master slider all the way to the bottom. Now ESCs should be calibrated and moving the master slider will start all motors at same time.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I am humbled in your presence

How in the world did you guys know this. It worked. The flip 32 6DOF was not this process.
I wanted a 10DOF and ran into this binding issue.

YOU guys are amazing and I feel pretty ignorant, I'd never have figured this out on my own.

Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoV View Post
By chance I find your post, thanks so much !

For the rookies like me I would add that each modification in a Cleanflight GUI page must be "saved" before stepping to next page.

Right now I am using Flip32 v2.3_OEM_RTF and I connected the spektrum satellite with a level converter cable, directly to RC4.

And for binding you also must go to CLI to enter:

set spektrum_sat_bind = <value>
save

where <value> is:
3 for DSM2 1024/22ms
5 for DSM2 2048/11ms
7 for DSMX 22ms
9 for DSMX 11ms

after reboot, the satellite will blink showing binding mode.
stevegross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 01:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and my satellite was already bound and in use with my Flip32 6DOF. Just saying, I did not bind it, the satellite 's light simply lit up and w full stick controls!!!! Awesome. Thanks to all of you again!!
stevegross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 09-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys. Thanks for the help, got it all set up turned out to be the endpoints were not set correctly once I sorted that I took It to the park and flew really well for about 1 minute till I hit/flew through a Gum tree at a decent speed, quad lost a prop and nut no biggie.

Found this interesting as I was flying in Heli mode
How to setup CH6 (Aux) on an OrangeRX T-SIX transmitter (3 min 48 sec)
changed setting to acro but think I now have the end point issue again as I did calibrate the motors spun them up via the TX then it wouldn't spin up again?

I know it's bound because I can tilt the cam so the servo switch is working via the tx an fc but as the usb port broke off I'm doing all this via the uart/bluetooth/cleanflight android app and bt for the cleanflight GUI on PC maybe there's to much noise between the orange TX and sat rx / Phone w/wifi & bt on / a PC wifi & bt + all the other noise............or maybe its my endpoints? will see
Old 11-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to get this thing running all night tried several combinations and the Naze still won't respond to my TX.
I'm running naze32 Rev 5, latest Betaflight rev, Spektrum dx7s, arx8000 dsmx main RX to bind, spektrum dsmx sat and have also tried with a spare carbon version sat.

Black wire on top gray wire on bottom Pad(4) orange wire @ 3.3V

Settings Seem correct...
Uart2=RX=Serial RX
Receiver Mode=RX_SERIAL
Serial Receiver Provider=SPEKTRUM2048
Channel Map=TAER1234

I can bind the sat to the main receiver no issues attach it to the Naze and it binds no issues.

Ive tried set Spektrum_sat_bind =7&9 and the sat blips for a split second wont come back on and wont bind...

Ive ohm'd the signal wire and it fine I'm not sure what else to do any help or input is much appreciated
Djt007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try binding the sat using your regular receiver, and then connect it to naze32. Since it's already bound, you don't need to use Spektrum_sat_bind option.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried It still isnt showing stick movement show any stick movement...
Djt007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thing is really doing my head in. Been working on it all night, no luck. I can get my DX18 to bind to RX, a DSMX orignal receiver okay. I can see the orange light turn on and of when I turn my radio on and off, but the receiver sees no signal in Cleanflight.

Soldered the signal pin to port4, checked the soldering and everything seems fine. One thing I notice it that it keeps binding to DMSX and 22ms framerate no matter how much I try to say 11ms frame. Could that be my problem?

How on earth can I get my DX18 to bind to 11ms?

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,
Similar problems to some of the above and it's driving me nuts. Trying to get the Naze working on Cleanflight with a single spektrum sat. Wiring all correct, bound via full Rx and gets a solid light when connected to3.3v and pin 4 as previously mentioned.

The problem comes when I go to change ports. It will activate UART2, but returns all to default when I select serial Rx. So it thinks serial Rx is not a valid command, therefore I guess it doesn't recognise the sat??

I'm sure I must be missing something simple, but I've no idea what.

PLEASE, can someone help me?
Old 02-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bee,
I've attached a screenshot of my Ports tab. It seems like I was at the same spot as you with no success. I kept selecting MSP for UART2 and then selecting serial RX for UART2. Once I just did serial RX, it began to work. Also I picked RX_SERIAL in RECEIVER MODE on the CONFIGURATION tab. At this point, my CHANNEL MAP on the RECEIVER tab only had two channels that worked. I had to select Spektrum1024 instead of Spektrum2048 to get all of the channels to work. Still working with it, but that is where I'm at now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ports.jpg (110.5 KB, 90 views)
walex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in