Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Landing Frame

Hi Guys
I have had mine for about three weeks now and I am really loving it, but so far I have broken two landing frames through heavy landings, have any of you guys found an adhesive that works, I tried Super Glue and UHU, but no good!
Chrisiw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might need something with higher viscosity, though depends on where you are repairing. Hot glue gun, Shoe Goo or Goop work well in some cases. Others have used thicker CA glue with success.
kenko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you checked out this thread?:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=391888

The "glue in a sleeve" (my term for it) is working well for me.
TexanPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or just make the one time investment on a set of Airtime RC skids and be done with it!

May seem a little steep at ~$13 but they are potentially the last LG you'll ever have to buy.. After 3 stock replacement skids and a set of Xtreme skids I decided to give em a try.
Never looking back.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...hlight=airtime

vokeswaagin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanPilot View Post
Have you checked out this thread?:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=391888

The "glue in a sleeve" (my term for it) is working well for me.
Yes! I quite like this way to repair, that's a good idea.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokeswaagin View Post
Or just make the one time investment on a set of Airtime RC skids and be done with it!

May seem a little steep at ~$13 but they are potentially the last LG you'll ever have to buy.. After 3 stock replacement skids and a set of Xtreme skids I decided to give em a try.
Never looking back.

Thanks, think I will give these a try, seems the way to go.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Landing Frame

I have found the best way to repair a skid is to take an old skid and a soldering iron. Melt some of he plastic from the old skid with he soldering iron and use the gob of plastic on the soldering iron tip to "solder" the skid together. In my experience the repair will be stronger than the original part.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2
stokbr5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My cheap fix is to use some thread to sort of bind the skid back together, then coat all that with CA. I wrap it with turns around the broken leg, then around the skid frame, then back around the leg, etc.

Looks ghetto, but it works like a charm.
HeliTree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had some mixed results with welding them together with a soldering iron. Wrapping the weld in heatshrink did make it more durable.

For my bl msrx i am using a v922 landing gear ordered at banggood. Indestructable and cheap. The msrx lipo wont fit straight away, but with some modding or/velcro it should work. I will check the v911 landing gear for you. Smaller lipo's are used on the v911 than v922
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliTree View Post
My cheap fix is to use some thread to sort of bind the skid back together, then coat all that with CA. I wrap it with turns around the broken leg, then around the skid frame, then back around the leg, etc.

at the "Ghetto Look"

Edit: I know a source if you'd like to try an aluminum CNC landing gear

Last edited by JonJet; 03-08-2014 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Edit:
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2014, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=HeliTree;5683497]My cheap fix is to use some thread to sort of bind the skid back together, then coat all that with CA. I wrap it with turns around the broken leg, then around the skid frame, then back around the leg, etc.

Mine broke where the 'peg' locates into the frame. I used a very fine elastic and tied the skids on. The elastic holds them fine but allows movement in the case of a heavy landing.
Rochmel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliTree View Post

mine had a broken leg too, I finally got around to fixing it tonight, using some stiff copper wire as a brace, and some thin copper wire to tie it all together. I didn't use any glue though, this seems like it'll do well for what it is.

I "simulated" some hard landings on the desk, and it's survived quite nicely. the hardest landings may bend the wire out of shape but it's easy to bend back; though with a "landing" that hard, the skids may not be the primary concern in assessing damages sustained.

now I gotta figure out the best fix for the broken canopy pins. I'm looking to get a new frame and skids anyway. and I guess new blade grips as everyone's recommending them (even though I haven't broken one yet).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	msrxlegrepair01.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	690612   Click image for larger version

Name:	msrxlegrepair02.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	690613  
The Timmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 03:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokeswaagin View Post

Never looking back.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timmy View Post
mine had a broken leg too, I finally got around to fixing it tonight, using some stiff copper wire as a brace, and some thin copper wire to tie it all together. I didn't use any glue though, this seems like it'll do well for what it is.

I "simulated" some hard landings on the desk, and it's survived quite nicely. the hardest landings may bend the wire out of shape but it's easy to bend back; though with a "landing" that hard, the skids may not be the primary concern in assessing damages sustained.

now I gotta figure out the best fix for the broken canopy pins. I'm looking to get a new frame and skids anyway. and I guess new blade grips as everyone's recommending them (even though I haven't broken one yet).
The extra weight would kill it or me.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
The extra weight would kill it or me.
think so? I measured the wire(s) at about 1.1 grams worth of copper. I can't imagine the MSR X to be so precisely calibrated and tuned right at the battery bay. There are LED mods on these little birds that I've seen that are heavier.

put 1.1 grams on one end of a blade, and now we're talking excessively heavy. still, I'll do some test flights later and edit this post with my findings on if I could tell a difference before and after. --this fix is just until I can get a suitable replacement in anyway.

edit:
it seems to fly much smoother and easier to handle now. but that may be because I am flying inside with no drafts vs. the last several times I flew it, outside with light wind. as far as I can tell, there is no real appreciable or negative change in its flight characteristics. --I'm not racing it or stunt flying though, or running obstacle courses.

I went ahead and used the same stiff copper wire to replace the broken canopy pins that hold the back canopy on. I used a 1/16th drill bit to put a hole for the wire to go through, then ran a bit of wire and bent it in a way that it would hold itself in, and then stick out for the canopy grommets, and then trimmed them appropriately. it seems to work out fine for now.

Last edited by The Timmy; 01-25-2017 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: reporting back with new information
The Timmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in