Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
26 --> 130X .... Next on heli hoarders
And, compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

You would have that many if buying, experimenting, modding and selling were a source of income like they are for JonJet.

180 flies pretty good at the middle hs, what I run with. Dx6i so I only get 2 hs's and have to use the lowest hs to take off and land since my 180 is so old, beat up and glued together it will tip over from vibes if I use a higher one.

Stopped keeping an accurate count at 1000 flights. All original cept the cyclic servos that all died one at a time between flights 1000 to about 1500 and the tail servo I replaced with a 3060 around 250ish flights. Got lucky with mine, has seen more rain, snow, flights and abuse than any other heli I've owned and just keeps going.

Quit doing maintenance a while back as well and it has turned into a sport seeing just how ragged it can be and still fly well.

Can say one thing for sure, once off the ground the stock rx is practically impervious to vibration. ..lol
Old 08-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
All original cept the cyclic servos that all died one at a time between flights 1000 to about 1500 and the tail servo I replaced with a 3060 around 250ish flights.
All original or all stock? There's a difference. Nobody flies anything for 1000+ flights without having to replace mechanical/airframe parts.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

All original electronics cept the tail servo till flight 1000 when the first cyclic started acting funny. I don't count crash parts, those are on me. For a Blade heli that's astronomical, all the other Blae helis I've owned had electronic failures in 80 flights or less.

Only part that wore out was the top main shaft bearing, can't remember when exactly but it was a while ago.

There are actually many airframes that can go 1000 flights with nothing more than some lube and a belt change at the most. Quality TT heli can go almost indefinitely as a main gear or TT don't need to be replaced periodically like belts do

The vast majority of us never make it that far without crashing to find that out...lol
Old 08-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

180CFX now only $179 at A-Main with price cut and coupon code. Also includes carry case and free shipping. See this thread:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=753467
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
All original electronics
Ah, okay. That piece of info was missing before. No way a stock 180CFX can go 1000+ flights without needing mechanical parts replaced for whatever reason.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Ah, okay. That piece of info was missing before. No way a stock 180CFX can go 1000+ flights without needing mechanical parts replaced for whatever reason.
Probably at least kill the cheap main shaft bearings and lose a tt end or two. I turn 2 bad torque tubes into one good one, finally got to one where I have replaced both ends and found they last a lot longer and survive minor crashes if you use quality CA on the ends.

They use something cheap at the factory to make them break really easy to save other parts. Break too easy and definitely can fail in flight.

Oh yeah and the tail servo will fail in 250 flights or less. That's a guaranteed weak link
Old 08-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

They use something cheap at the factory to make them break really easy to save other parts. Break too easy and definitely can fail in flight.
I've never had one fail in flight that hadn't been previously crashed. I took that chance once and had a bad crash from it failing very soon after a crash. Stock TTs are cheap and ready to go. If I have even the slightest tail tap, I replace it. Very easy and quick to do and it's a four buck and change part since they come in a two pack. I just stock up on them. I think I have about 12 or so left.

Quote:
Oh yeah and the tail servo will fail in 250 flights or less. That's a guaranteed weak link
Yeah, mine got replaced with an H3060.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in