Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default upgrade the mcpx bl ?

I have several BL's that I am flying around and trying new things on. My current 'thing' is to learn backwards flying (upright & inverted).

I have a couple of lynx upgrades on these -- like the lynx swash. I just got the lynx extension kit, so going to try that soon.

So, was wondering if people have tried any cool upgrades for their BL's -- like Rakon Heli's 3 blade or 4 blade conversion, Rakon frame, Lynx DFC head? When you add all these up, one BL can easily go over $300-$400, at which point I might just buy another Oxy2 or 180cfx. LOL.
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'd probably be better off with another 180CFX...

I agree...upgrading the mCPX BL can be $300-$400 if you do it all...and the 180CFX brand new is less...a used one can be had for much less
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ot preorder the triblade 180cfx
Mr.Merlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My feelings on upgrading the mcpx bl except for maybe the swashplate, is a waste of money unless you simply want bling, and to some people bling is important, and for my larger helis it is. But the mcpx bl for me is strictly a trainer, I know that most days it's going to crash. So why spend money on aluminum upgrades which are more likely to bend, add weight, and cost more to replace?? But as I said, that depends on what's important to you. Bling is something we all like, but where do you want to spend it. It's like having a work car and a weekend car, I wouldn't spend bling money on my work car.

Perhaps if the prices dropped dramatically, then yes, but otherwise, no, upgrade your bigger helis . For example, I'm also interested in trying out a 3 bladed head, but I'd rather spend the money on the goblin head than $150 on a micro heli. To me its disproportional and you lack the tweaking features in head gain to adjust for any anomalies.

The other case is, is that maybe you have an extra mcpx bl STRICTLY for bling, I've seen a few, in that case, perhaps it makes more sense, but looking at the other helis in your signature, I would definitely invest the money in the larger helis.
Gartt GT450L 6s [BD-3SX]
Zermelo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why upgrading an obsolete heli? Spend your money one the latest and get additional satisfaction from new technology! In fact , go BIGGER if you have the space. A 380 or 450 size which is much more stable and satisfying to fly would be worthwhile.. AND easier to work on with more precise / accurate setups.!
Old 07-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I already have multiple 180CFX's

However, nothing offers the crashability of the mcpx BL. I know if I get those multi-rotor heads, they will eventually get damaged in a crash.

For me, the mcpx BL's are a good platform to try and learn new techniques on (with a simulator). I also have a 130s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
You'd probably be better off with another 180CFX...

I agree...upgrading the mCPX BL can be $300-$400 if you do it all...and the 180CFX brand new is less...a used one can be had for much less
Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, that's my thinking too now. It would probably end up costing me $300-$500 by the time I would be done upgrading my BL's to the multi-rotor head, the bigger frame, etc, etc.

I agree about the swashplate -- I have lynx swashplate on my BL's and it really helps and it doesn't get damaged in crashes. They also have a 'pro' swashplate with an anti-rotation pin in the proper place instead of on the left side as is the default case with the BL's. Supposedly that helps with flips -- it flips straighter, instead of pulling to the left / right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermelo View Post
My feelings on upgrading the mcpx bl except for maybe the swashplate, is a waste of money unless you simply want bling, and to some people bling is important, and for my larger helis it is. But the mcpx bl for me is strictly a trainer, I know that most days it's going to crash. So why spend money on aluminum upgrades which are more likely to bend, add weight, and cost more to replace?? But as I said, that depends on what's important to you. Bling is something we all like, but where do you want to spend it. It's like having a work car and a weekend car, I wouldn't spend bling money on my work car.

Perhaps if the prices dropped dramatically, then yes, but otherwise, no, upgrade your bigger helis . For example, I'm also interested in trying out a 3 bladed head, but I'd rather spend the money on the goblin head than $150 on a micro heli. To me its disproportional and you lack the tweaking features in head gain to adjust for any anomalies.

The other case is, is that maybe you have an extra mcpx bl STRICTLY for bling, I've seen a few, in that case, perhaps it makes more sense, but looking at the other helis in your signature, I would definitely invest the money in the larger helis.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

All true, all true.

Just those mcpx BL's upgrades looked very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
Why upgrading an obsolete heli? Spend your money one the latest and get additional satisfaction from new technology! In fact , go BIGGER if you have the space. A 380 or 450 size which is much more stable and satisfying to fly would be worthwhile.. AND easier to work on with more precise / accurate setups.!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Get the Oxy2

I've flown the MCPX BL for about 4 years, finally smoked something on the board and got an Oxy2. OMG, the difference is amazing, you won't regret it. I also learned a lot more about configuration. There are so many more options in Kit heli. I'd recommend to anyone that can handle MCPX BL.
caddyman67 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

To me, the best upgrade on mcpx bl so far was external esc and outrunner bl motor for the tail.
It makes mcpx bl completely different heli with solid and fast responding tail.
Of course it requires good soldering skill and some knowledges but I bet it's more than worthy to go.
mnipjy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in