Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry a little dense and building my first heli, actually on the wiring part now. Yes that's the kit I have, and I purchased a dx8 that has an rx in it. So right now I just need a cp2 unit and I'm good?

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep. Got the similar setup but on older TR450SE and it's fb, so my setup is like this:
AR7000 --> CP2 --> cyclic servos
└xxxxx--> tail gyro --> tail servo
In your case it's just going to be:
AR8000 --> CP2 --> 3gx --> all servos
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was looking on heli direct and not sure which one to grab. They have a CPII-C2 for 164, a CPII-LT-C1 and a CPII-LT-C2. Anyone have any experience with the LT versions or am I better off just getting the CPII-C2?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

You may be able to find a used one here in the classifieds.

PM me and I'll give you a few contacts. You may be able to save $30 - $50.
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saving money is always a good thing, pm sent!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the first system I would recommend CPII-C3 http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Products/Co-Pilot-II/Co-Pilot-II-C3 plus plus GoLED http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...-II/CPII-GOLED

For subsequent installations you'll only need CPII-C4 http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...Co-Pilot-II-C4 plus GoLED.

GoLED makes for a nice extension for the main sensor and gives you a visual preflight status, so you don't have to check with IR Programmer whether CPII is happy before every flight.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
For the first system I would recommend CPII-C3 http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Products/Co-Pilot-II/Co-Pilot-II-C3 plus plus GoLED http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...-II/CPII-GOLED

For subsequent installations you'll only need CPII-C4 http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...Co-Pilot-II-C4 plus GoLED.

GoLED makes for a nice extension for the main sensor and gives you a visual preflight status, so you don't have to check with IR Programmer whether CPII is happy before every flight.

Patented Infared Technology measures the difference in temperature between earth and sky to pin-point the horizon

you can't be serious. does this even work?
bellfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Semantics notwithstanding, yes it does work; many crashes avoided
Old 12-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellfan View Post
Patented Infared Technology measures the difference in temperature between earth and sky to pin-point the horizon

I see you're kind of new to the forum...yes it does work:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgkC6qg_8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88kz_QxzOk[/ame]
Old 12-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cp2 save

CO-PILOT 2 SAVE BLADE 400.wmv (0 min 47 sec)
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My Trex 600N last April, Howard posted this video on FMA website:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjVIdxKCp1I[/ame]
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are a LOT of pilots with very expensive helis and even fleets of helis that are prepared to state emphatically that CP II works EXACTLY as advertised. I wouldn't want to begin to guess how much money in crashes it has saved people.

Quote:

Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Oh it is quite serous.. and to educate it actually performs outstandingly..

This part of the fleet is outfitted with CPII do you think I would put this at risk?

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Oh it is quite serous.. and to educate it actually performs outstandingly..

This part of the fleet is outfitted with CPII do you think I would put this at risk?

i didnt ask for photos.

so let me move to the body of it; what is the accuracy and error on this? IR reflects, ir spreads, ir has range. this is what i am interested in.

is it affected by surroundings, weather etc.
bellfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See for yourself....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42obUw1rBI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMmTA6Ep1s[/ame]

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
i didnt ask for photos.
Be nice, please, it was uncalled for. You were asking for information,weren't you? I hope all the helping hands here haven't misinterpreted you intentions here, either.

Quote:
what is the accuracy and error on this?
is it affected by surroundings, weather etc.
The accuracy is quite impressive, and yes, it is correct, CP2 is affected by surroundings and weather, but in reasonably open space and typical flyable weather it works just fine. From my experience it doesn't like heavy overcast, period. I also had some freak overcast condition at the club's field a couple of months ago: perfectly sunny weather overhead with a low black cloud of a thunderstorm rolling in quickly from one side.CP2 didn't like that at all, the black cloud on one side was pushing the heli away quite strongly. Did another test on the rugby pitch after the sunset with a 450, on a clear night, stars sparkling overhead, and CP2 loved it, it's IR after all.

Quote:
IR reflects, ir spreads, ir has range. this is what i am interested in.
This seems to be the source of your confusion. CP2 is based on IR CCDs, it's a passive system, it doesn't transmit IR frequencies like TV remote does. It's the sun that does all the transmitting and it has a decent range, I'd say . Then the IR light spreads bouncing off the objects and enters the lens of the camera, same exact principle as visible light photography but with IR CCDs rather than visible light CCDs.

Borrow an IR thermometer from a nitro guy on the field and point it to the sky on a clear day: -50°C or thereabouts. Then point it to the ground, and you'll get the whatever ambient temperature you have at the moment. CP2 has a vertical sensor with 2 IR cameras that point up and down and do just that, to establish IR contrast between sky and ground. The CPU uses this calibration data to determine the horizon from its 4 IR cameras pointing horizontally in 4 directions, mounted on the main sensor, and that's pretty much it as far as sensing goes; the rest is just a stabilization code.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i didnt ask for photos.
No, you didn't ask for photos. All you asked was, "Does this even work?" We each gave our opinion/answer to that question by providing feedback, then shared 4 videos in this thread before you posted this rude comment.

jperkosk answered your other questions pretty well. What else do you want to see/know?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice writeup Jerry! Excellent photos Night. It fulfills the statement that one picture is worth a thousand words. Especially if anyone knows who you really are and what you stand for in the community. I think if there was anyone out there that has wrung the unit out it would be you.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Nice writeup Jerry! Excellent photos Night. It fulfills the statement that one picture is worth a thousand words. Especially if anyone knows who you really are and what you stand for in the community. I think if there was anyone out there that has wrung the unit out it would be you.
went through the hole thread and the last part sais it all (THANKS FOR THE INFO< Jerry,Night, luvmyhelis) I think I will order one for myself (CP2)
Old 05-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You won't be disappointed, it's worth every penny. In the bailout speed if set-up properly it's lightning quick, beats the bailout reaction time on SK720, at least it did before 3.10 firmware.

Luvmyhelis, havent's had a chance to test 3.10 firmware's 200% bailout function yet, my 6HV is still grounded waiting for the tail bearing, I'm supposed to get the replacement in the 2nd week of June. It's a non-commercial bearing and I had to wait for it to reappear in stock of one of the Compass distributors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in