Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Cool JP Twister Storm 3D - Newb first post

Hi All, I figured that since the storm 3D is so close to the blade 400 that I would join you all here
Recently I got a JP Twister Storm 3D. Had it for about 2 months now & fly nearly every day. Crashed it twice, first was in learning to control it, second was a brain short haha. But loving how easy they are to rebuild & the cheap parts.

Started out with 2CH heli's, then 3 & 4. All very different to how a 3D heli fly's.
Since having this heli & discovering 3D heli flight I have really been driven to learn as many tricks as I can with the twister storm 3D before moving on to a T-Rex 550E or something else like it & get better & better at 3D flight.

Here are some utube vids, each time I have flown it apart from perhaps twice it has been filmed. So up to my 7th flight next time I go out & will be doing more loops & flips.

firstflight (4 min 54 sec)
--- First flight

Second Flight of my 3D Twister storm (8 min 45 sec)
---- Second

Third Flight of my 3D Twister storm - fairly high winds (8 min 22 sec)
------- Third

Below is the first time I flew it in 3D mode (4th flight ) I didn't take off the training gear... maybe I should have come to think of it.
I managed a few flips - a little inverted time high up & a barrel roll which was a mistake - in that I didn't mean to I just ended up doing it due to a split second of rolling too far
My main issue how ever is the lipo cut off... need to learn auto rotation flying

Other wise I managed some basic 3D flying 8) and didn't crash it!
Fourth flight, but first stunt / 3D mode flight!! Flips!! (5 min 29 sec)

I am also working on a routine for 3D flight on my realflight sim
3D RC Heli training (2 min 17 sec)

The 3 main tricks I am trying to learn at the moment are the vortex, hurricane & a 3D figure 8 on the spot - oh and a Pirouetting loop..... yes I have been watching the 3D masters lol but would lover to figure them out on the sim, I think I nearly got the 3D loop & hurricane the other night & can pull a vortext with high speed with a dive & then a sharp pull up. But I know its not really the way to go about it.
RaZz0R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

mm, Should I have posted this else where?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice vids. Throwing caution to the wind!
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

:o yeah but won't be for much longer Will be going at it tomorrow me thinks.

The major thing that I want to learn - atleast on the sim is Pirouetting loop, vortex & hurricane. But the trouble I am having is working out the stick movements
So ideas there would be great.

Going to check out a few clubs around my area soon as well. hope for some tips & check out costs to fly there (insurance is costly)

Also after my first flight in stunt mode doing a few flips I went for a "casual" flight in normal mode.... it ended up smacking the ground coz I got the nerves going & lost orientation. So I replaced the blades today since I had everything else spare, so tomorrow is just a balance up.... I did a hover with out balancing the blades as they were meant to be balanced already (Stock JP twister storm carbon blades) but they are a touch out.

So once I do that, I am going for the routine I have been working out on the sim (Training vid above) and see how it goes should be interesting to say the least.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Razzor - funny you should mention the similarities between these 2 models - one of the LHS here has started selling Twister Storm 3D parts as Blade400 upgrades as so many of the parts are interchangeable. The only thing I couldn't get my head around was the pricing...the JP parts were on average twice the price of E-Flite.

..didn't stop me imagining how cool the Blade would look with red anodizing instead of blue though
heli-c is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Cool

Hey Heli-c,

Your right about how close they are, I think the only difference is the main chassis & some setup on the main rotor head - perhaps I'll post some close up pics & see if we can spot the diff?

Again the JP parts are priced higher for some reason - after my last crash all parts I used were blade 400 parts - because they were cheaper

No idea if there is any quality difference however. Was thinking of some CNC upgrades tho Red is faster right??
My LHS heli guys was actually explaining to me that its all china made stuff, from the same factory - but branded different for the US, UK & here is Australia. Funny how that happens

It might be interesting to see if there are any difference in the servo's as well. Mine survived 2 crashes before my last one with was major, ended up rebuilding 2 servo's only tho.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Razzor check this...at the weekend I wadded up Blade my pretty bad (see 'when disaster strikes')...anyway the thing with the standard DS75H digital servos is they're very sensitive to servo gear replacement. I had this confirmed by someone from Horizon UK last week. Whenever my mail order guys send me replacement servo gears they're always Twister branded...so after buggering up yet another set of DS75s during yesterdays rebuild I looked across at my very sorry looking Twister CP V2 in the corner - the servos are exactly the same, just analogue with black instead of clear casing...

Looks like you're theory about the same kit branded for different countries is spot on...and these JP servos don't glitch like the digital versions...and they're cheaper than the E-Flites!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twister CP servos ina Blade.jpg
Views:	2592
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	87296  
heli-c is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The JP blades though technically the same seem better balanced and wrapped as well. Though I have only had a couple of sets so it is only anecdotal.
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-c View Post
Razzor check this...at the weekend I wadded up Blade my pretty bad (see 'when disaster strikes')...anyway the thing with the standard DS75H digital servos is they're very sensitive to servo gear replacement. I had this confirmed by someone from Horizon UK last week. Whenever my mail order guys send me replacement servo gears they're always Twister branded...so after buggering up yet another set of DS75s during yesterdays rebuild I looked across at my very sorry looking Twister CP V2 in the corner - the servos are exactly the same, just analogue with black instead of clear casing...

Looks like you're theory about the same kit branded for different countries is spot on...and these JP servos don't glitch like the digital versions...and they're cheaper than the E-Flites!
You are right i done the same even the gears in the servos are the same
they still break really easy.
Guzziman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Heli-c - well would ya look at that I like having two brands of the same heli to get parts for check out pics below & see what diff's you can spot.

Ted - the carbon blades are ok - tho I am not really impressed with the carbon matting.

Guzzie - yeah I was warned they are weak when it comes to crashing - was thinking about some Hitech ones - or should I look at something else?

Going to balance my blades in a few - mains & rear. Tomorrow morning I am going to head to a local club & see what its like there

For main blades - here in Aus I can get Chris Youngblood blades for only another 30 bucks on top of the stock JP ones. Reports on these blades are they can cut through house bricks! very strong & come in perfect balance. Will be getting some next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0957.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	87353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0958.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	87354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0959.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	87355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0960.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	87356  
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep hitec hs65mg using them for a while now good.i kept replacing gears
in the cheaper servo for about seven months then got fed up with it
i use one of the cheap one on my tail no problems
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Thanks dude I'll check them out at my LHS
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trust me you wont look back then use your eflite onthe tail
if using standard gyro if you want to ?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Razzor,

I'm interested in the Twister 3D Storm and have also looked at the Blade 400 3D and have been wondering about which to go with as it would be my first single blade heli. I'm curious if you bought the ARTF which has the Twister radio or did you go with the Hitech radio ? Depending on the LHS in Dandenong through to Bayswater I have found some are pro E-flight and some pro JP, which is a bit confusing since both Helis seem very similar but radios very much different. Had you considered the Blade 400 3D and if you did why did you decide on the Twister?

Thx
pchdisco3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 3d storm or blade 400 ?

hi guys
I have both birds fairly new to helis my boy mitch really cant tell much difference between either ,the storm 3d i like for battery placement. though the motor is poorly appears to be a lot of play in bearing (lower) or wear onshaft where passes through bearing ,spares appear to be cheaper for storm new motor about £15 uk
will keep posted

regards dave an mitch
fidspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchdisco3 View Post
Hello Razzor,

I'm interested in the Twister 3D Storm and have also looked at the Blade 400 3D and have been wondering about which to go with as it would be my first single blade heli. I'm curious if you bought the ARTF which has the Twister radio or did you go with the Hitech radio ? Depending on the LHS in Dandenong through to Bayswater I have found some are pro E-flight and some pro JP, which is a bit confusing since both Helis seem very similar but radios very much different. Had you considered the Blade 400 3D and if you did why did you decide on the Twister?

Thx
Hey dude,

Only just saw this. There is a guy at Rc Garage called Damian. I talked with him alot before deciding. IMO - get the JP Twister storm. Out of the box.. I am sorry to say but it kicks the blade aside! Damian used to fly Nitro helis in comp

The servo's are good out of the box, you get the carbon blades stock as well & they are balanced as well!

Best part being you can get parts for the blades & they fit the storm no problem at all

So I would recommend RC Garage first for price & service! Nick is also a great bloke!
Models & hobbies for you in Boronia are ok - bit pricey tho & I am not sure on their stock. Ryan there flys the twister storm him self, but never in 3D... go figure.

Hobby man in dandy are great as well, Jon & Gavin there have heaps of knowledge. They are bringing in blade 400's & copter-x gear. They also have the storm's & parts but I have found the eflight stuff cheaper for spares
I will be looking at the copterx head & tail setup shortly as well.

I also got the one with the Hi-Tech radio & I really like it!! Fairly easy to use & to learn with as well. Oh - RC Garage were selling the storm 3d fully setup for 550 with that radio as well. Hope all that helpsif not feel free to PM me mate.

PS: As for the motor - I can't say much for others but mine rocks!! When I met up with someone by fluke flying a Trex 450 he asked if I had upgraded it as he reckoned it was caining along. its a 3100kva motor so its fine for me thus far. The other day I did a tic-toc & held it in a inverted hover with no problems at all flips are all good as well & next flight will be rolling flips
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi there great videos.
i have a twister storm 3d and i was wondering if you know if the twister storm and the trex 45 have the same blades? i know they are the same length?? any help would be great.
regards daniel
danlisa123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2017, 04:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all, me I'm from Adelaide Australia, I have 2 off these storms and have flown them for over 5 yrs now, had no major mishaps, couple engine bearings and replaced a few servo's with HXT 500 from HK.
1 has Hitec 6 and other is standard Twister Transmitter, Slung a 2500 3 cell under neath with carbon blades 325, no problems . One set up for training ,other for 3D, HK has blades and various other interchangeable parts ( Blade 400 same).
Was trying to sell both awhile back on Rc trader but no one was interested, pitty they were under 300 for both and spares.
Like to hear they are still out there, Just like my HM 83 Walkera, converted to electric.
Great fun, and keep on learning
Rodmay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in