Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Walkera 4g6

Just got my 3g6 and having problem trying to lift off.It wants to slide to right.Wow hobbies said a helis are tested at their shop? I noticed swashplate is not level at middle stick and servo arms are not paralle to sevo base at mid stick. I been flying novuscp hovering.Been fllying for about 1 year (novus cp) thought I would be able to handle this heli.Wanted to see if anyone had any advice on what might be going on
Thanks Tony
skeet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tony, With a level swash mine slides hard to the left (tail towards me) Which in my book is normal. once it is 6 inchs or so off the ground and tilted to the right slightly it hovers fine. Most of the guys I have heard from have said the set up out of the box was ok for them. Sounds like your swash plate need to be leveled.
mvert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Will level swashplate with servos
Thanks tony
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

same here. when i tried to level servos i got 50 or 60. moving servo arm on spline just sent numbers in other direction.

i was wondering if using another swahplate upside down on swash on heli would work as a swashplate leveling tool? would work with setting endpoints?
neilg. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ummmm a swash under the swash to level a swash. not picking, but think about what your thinking of doing for a moment. arm your heli. now move the collective (right stick) stick. what does the swash do? pivots on the main shaft, so how will it help level the swash?

on bigger helis you can use a allen wrench zip tied to the main shaft, but on a 4g6 there isn't much shaft above the swash. may be a short piece of carbon fiber rod tied to the swash with dental floss that extends out over the boom mite be the ticket. although that would only work for the elevator axis, and not the aileron axis. i think ..... hmmmmm wait a min. if you were to use a long enough piece of carbon rod tied to the swash. level the tail boom. then spin the head so the rod is now 90 degrees from the boom you could get measurements from the table. that mite do it!

sounds like a plan to me
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg. View Post
same here. when i tried to level servos i got 50 or 60. moving servo arm on spline just sent numbers in other direction.

i was wondering if using another swahplate upside down on swash on heli would work as a swashplate leveling tool? would work with setting endpoints?
ya gotta get a mechanical on the servo arms first. then a perfect sub trim. then move to the swash. then to the mixing arms. then recheck the swash, then mixing arms again. it's a pain, but do a trex 450. you have 4, or is it 5 places to level not to mention phasing, and swash interaction with the main shaft. that was a royal pain in the A.

not really looking forward to doing mine.

just took a look at mine. the swash looked fine, but the servos were anything close to being level. wow says they test fly every heli, but i think that means will it fly reasonably ok. not what i thought it to mean as setup correct. no biggie. a proper setup does take some time, but when done (and by yourself) it's a great feeling of pride to see it fly so much better. i'll bet after i go threw it it will fly much better. well i hope so anyhow.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

i just thought if you have swash in idle up at 50% and have other swash upside down you could see which of the 3 points on the swash are touching. i do have a last word indicator but that means taken landing gear off and having a flat surface to rest frame on. i have used veriers and measured to the center of each ball of swash off of the frame and they seem close. i'll try anything at this point.

servo arms will never be level with a low value. with the larger helis you can swap arms and that helps. so with non level servo arms what the heck do you do.

i like to know if skeet has leveled his or anyone else has and what is their subtrim

and how many times am i going to remove pin before i wear it out or lose it

1 more thing. i am putting on new skids, hope the tail will not touch anything. just a personal preference, i guess
Old 01-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's what the sub trim is for. get the horn as level as possible then sub trim the rest of the way to level. no difference from my 450, or 550. sub trim is used just for centering the servo. i'm sure these aren't that great at centering, but ya can only do what ya can, and get it as good as ya can.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

agreed
Old 01-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neilg
I leveled swashplate, readjusted sero arms and rods,it is flying fine now.Wow said this was done at factory and it must of moved while being shipped.I wonder how that could of happened? Box that it was shipped in was fine, Anyhow I really like this heli it is a hotrod like they said placing order for spare parts I have a feeling am going to need they
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

inadiment objects always move. don't they? lol

i think the term flies means that it got off the ground, and back down without breaking anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in