Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Bantam

Bantam Bantam e-Station Charger Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a BC6-10 that I have been using to charge 3 cell packs, nicad's and the metal hydroxide packs. I love it and have had no issues with it.
I jumping up to the big birds now by coverting my EVO 50 to e-power. I'll be using (2) 5-cells packs in series for power. Starting off, I'll just be using the 2 packs. I read on one of the forums something about paralelle charging. I assume this is both packs at once with through a paralelle connector. Can the BC6-10 do this and if so how? Don't want to kill the charger or the packs!
lrogers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogers View Post
I have a BC6-10 that I have been using to charge 3 cell packs, nicad's and the metal hydroxide packs. I love it and have had no issues with it.
I jumping up to the big birds now by coverting my EVO 50 to e-power. I'll be using (2) 5-cells packs in series for power. Starting off, I'll just be using the 2 packs. I read on one of the forums something about paralelle charging. I assume this is both packs at once with through a paralelle connector. Can the BC6-10 do this and if so how? Don't want to kill the charger or the packs!
Yes, you can parallel charge the batteries on the BC6-10. Using a Paraboard, you would plug the balance tap from the Paraboard into the 6S socket on the Bantam balance board you have now. The BC6-10 can charge up to 10 amps with a 200 watt max output. Contact me if you have any questions. We also have the paraboards in stock and can show you how to use them.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent! Now, are you saying I will be charging thur the balancing tap, or actually charging thur a deans (all my stuff is deans) paralelle "y" connector?
I assume I could do my 3 cell packs the same way.
I have 4000 ma 5 cell packs. Charging individually, I'd charge at 4 amps. Doing 2 packs, would I jump that up to 8 amps?
Like wise, I charge my 3 cell packs at 2.2 amps, would that go to 4.4?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Excellent! Now, are you saying I will be charging thur the balancing tap, or actually charging thur a deans (all my stuff is deans) paralelle "y" connector?
I assume I could do my 3 cell packs the same way.
I have 4000 ma 5 cell packs. Charging individually, I'd charge at 4 amps. Doing 2 packs, would I jump that up to 8 amps?
Like wise, I charge my 3 cell packs at 2.2 amps, would that go to 4.4?
You need what is called a Paraboard. What balance taps do your batteries have?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a paraboard coming, the packs have the "align" style taps.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a paraboard coming, the packs have the "align" style taps.
OK, then you are ok.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Only balancing 3 out of 6 cells?

Forgive me if this has been covered already but I did look.

I'm using a BC6-10 and a EAC144 balance board to charge 2 x 3S lipo's. When I first got it I connected two recently discharged cells and balance charged them simultaneously. All 6 cells balanced normally.

Coming to charge/balance two more packs, I have just noticed it is not now balancing all 6 cells, it leaves the pack with the lower voltage per cell and charges/balances the pack with the higher voltage to 4.2volts. It then continues to charge the lower 3 cells at about 100mA which takes for ever.
Can I assume that the Bantam BC6-10 will only balance 6 cells provided the individual cell voltage is within certain parameters?

Dave
billywiz1307 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by billywiz1307 View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered already but I did look.

I'm using a BC6-10 and a EAC144 balance board to charge 2 x 3S lipo's. When I first got it I connected two recently discharged cells and balance charged them simultaneously. All 6 cells balanced normally.

Coming to charge/balance two more packs, I have just noticed it is not now balancing all 6 cells, it leaves the pack with the lower voltage per cell and charges/balances the pack with the higher voltage to 4.2volts. It then continues to charge the lower 3 cells at about 100mA which takes for ever.
Can I assume that the Bantam BC6-10 will only balance 6 cells provided the individual cell voltage is within certain parameters?

Dave
You are correct. By connecting 2 3S packs together, the charger see's a 6S pack. If the cell voltages are off, then the charger has to balance the pack. If the cells are very far off, the first set of 3 that hit 4.2V, the charger will reduce the current to .1-.2 amps and it will take forever to balance the pack.

When charging in series, all the cells between the packs must be very close in voltage. I would recommend parallel charging over series charging for this very reason.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great, thanks for the confirmation and prompt reply
Dave
billywiz1307 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Are Bantam e-station chargers still around?

I can't find any available online anywhere (including RC Accessory) and the bc6dx-ii that I had my eyes on 4-5 years ago doesn't even have a link anymore.

Is Bantam defunct?
Ti RX-8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've never even seen a 'Bantam' in real life and I started the hobby in 2008! The forum should be nixed.

Everyone, today, are using these two brands

http://www.progressiverc.com/chargers/battery-chargers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in